Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Netflix now sells Prev viewed DVD $9.99

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-05, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Netflix now sells Prev viewed DVD $9.99

I know it is not much of a bargain right now, but it may evolve into one over time. More competition amongst sellers creates a better market for us buyers. Right now they are selling about 30 titles for $9.99 with free shipping.
Old 06-24-05, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hmmmm...I wonder if you have to be a member to purchase dvd's and do they come with original dvd cases and artwork?

Ron
Old 06-24-05, 01:34 PM

not sure if you have to be a member (I am one, and the banner showed up on my account today)...they do come in dvd cases (not the envelopes), but i am not sure if they are the original cases...and their site says original artwork included...

"All movies are inspected for quality and playability and come in a DVD case with original artwork. "
Old 06-24-05, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by coop22
not sure if you have to be a member (I am one, and the banner showed up on my account today)...they do come in dvd cases (not the envelopes), but i am not sure if they are the original cases...and their site says original artwork included...

"All movies are inspected for quality and playability and come in a DVD case with original artwork. "
The description is vague enough that some people are going to have to try it before we know how great/crap it is.
LJ
Old 06-24-05, 06:36 PM

Hmm, are the movies listed there and only ones i can buy? i cant seem to find anything when i search for stuff. i might try it out on Closer.
Old 06-27-05, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is Netflix selling from there rental stock or is this part of their "merger" agreement with Walmart? I wonder if the used DVDs will be from Walmart's on-line rental stock instead. Maybe that's why the list is limited.
Old 06-29-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay - I took a shot with The Incredibles since it says it comes with the bonus disc. The checkout is much like Gamefly in that you purchase each title separately. I will let you know what happens in a few days ("Your order will arrive in 5-10 business days").

Oh and BTW, I think you may need a Netflix account since it automatically billed it to the credit card I use for my account ("We will charge your current payment method and your order will be sent to your current shipping address.").
Old 07-14-05, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That took a while! I just got a notification today that my order just shipped 1st class mail this afternoon....
Old 07-15-05, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

All their DVDs are scratched to hell. I wouldnt buy them....
Old 07-15-05, 08:13 AM

Since they are now shipping everything first class you might get it in 5-10 days. I have to say my first experience w/ this though has been a disaster. It took over 3 weeks for the DVD to show up and package was damaged/case crushed/DVD unplayable. They promptly sent out a replacement, but that was about 2 weeks ago now and no sign of it yet.
Old 07-15-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When they started, they sold old movies thru Wherehouse stores for $5. They didnt include original covres or inserts. Also, it was pretty scrached up.
Old 07-15-05, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also ordered the Incredibles a few days back. Waiting to see what I get, but they state they guarantee them so I figured its worth a shot
Old 07-15-05, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cseyer
I also ordered the Incredibles a few days back. Waiting to see what I get, but they state they guarantee them so I figured its worth a shot
I also order The Incredibles back on 6/29. Took 2 weeks to get the confirmation. Hopefully if mine is a wash out quality-wise, you'll still be able to cancel yours long before it ships.
Old 07-19-05, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got my copy of The Incredibles yesterday. The DVDs were both in terrific shape. However, there was no insert. Anyone know if this came with one?
Old 07-19-05, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Got my copy of The Incredibles yesterday. The DVDs were both in terrific shape. However, there was no insert. Anyone know if this came with one?

Yeah, my store bought copy came with a small guide which contained descriptions of the special features, a DVD disc "site map", character pictures, and a chapter listing. Did they include the paper slip case also?
Old 07-23-05, 12:46 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Top, I am wondering too. Also, was it a actual "store kind" DVD Case?
Old 07-23-05, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I remember I was buying thier DVD's a couple years back from half.com I think . Used coupons though ... of course
They shipped in a plain DVD case with a generic wrapper and no inserts but I didnt really care . Now most DVD's don't stay up in price long so if it's not a "huge" movie , I wait for a month or so and buy it for less than 10 bucks .
Old 07-26-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kornboy
Also, was it a actual "store kind" DVD Case?
Yes - looks just like the standard retail box.