Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under "Hold My Hand" 6/20/05

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-05, 04:03 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Six Feet Under "Hold My Hand" 6/20/05

Claire is seduced by Billy's newfound lust for life but hits a roadblock trying to fund the next leg of her educational journey; George is haunted by visions of an early trauma; Brenda feels at home with her new supervisor Jackie; David and Keith meet a fertile young woman named Mary; Vanessa encourages Rico to mingle, so he does - at a funeral directors' conference; Nate shares a tragic bond with Maggie; and Ruth finds surprises hidden in George's clothes.

Last edited by Geofferson; 06-20-05 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-20-05, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
For some reason my HBO is out.
Old 06-20-05, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great episode tonight.

A lot of throwbacks to Season 1 (Las Vegas, Angela, etc).

I love when Ruth and Claire have scenes together. They are always my favorite to watch, as I know I will be in for something intense (whether is be them caring for each other or fighting with each other).

Great to see a reason for some of George's problems.

Claire, please get away from Billy soon.
Old 06-20-05, 09:30 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by conscience
...and Nate get away from Brenda. There's something brewing there too.

Great episode tonight (this final season is off to a great start). Touching scene between Nate and Maggie as well.
Old 06-20-05, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah i thought the same thing.
Old 06-20-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wasn't this only the 2nd time that the opening gambit was NOT a current death? The only other one I can recall resulted in unclaimed ashes that Nate used as a substitute.
Old 06-21-05, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There was one about the two hikers finding the abandoned car - can't remember the ep (but I believe it was season 3).
Old 06-21-05, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay looked over on the hbo site, and it was the episode THE TRAP from Season 3. Dude died in 1975.
Old 06-21-05, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really. How stupid is Claire? She knows Billy's past and was more or less warned by his friends last week that he didn't seem quite right. This won't end well for her.

I also thought it was interesting to learn more about George's past, if only to finally find out who that woman from his earlier hallucinations was. I can see now why he'd be so messed up as an adult, particularly in his relationships with women.

I have a slight quibble about Nate's parental judgment, though. After he had to physically restrain George from crashing a funeral in his pajamas and expressed concern about sending him off alone to the market (and rightfully so, as it turned out), he blithely handed Maya over to "Grandpa" George when they came for dinner. It's not as though he left the kid alone with George, but still - a little caution would have been nice.
Old 06-21-05, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Second Guest

I have a slight quibble about Nate's parental judgment, though. After he had to physically restrain George from crashing a funeral in his pajamas and expressed concern about sending him off alone to the market (and rightfully so, as it turned out), he blithely handed Maya over to "Grandpa" George when they came for dinner. It's not as though he left the kid alone with George, but still - a little caution would have been nice.
Yeah...I was half expecting George to see a vision/hallucination and drop her!

So...where'd Billy get the money? Or did he max out some cards? (Apparently a bi-polar problem from what I've heard.)
Old 06-21-05, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I wouldn't have thought Claire could get more annoying after the last season, but somehow, she's pulling it off.

As annoying as she is, it's still really repellant seeing her and Billy making out, etc.

Originally Posted by BassDude
So...where'd Billy get the money? Or did he max out some cards?
I wondered about that too. Theoretically he (and Brenda) may have some money since their parents are pretty well off (and they may have inherited some from dad). Or he may just have been spending money he didn't have. Generally, the money on that show never really makes any sense. Occasionally, it's an issue (when something goes wrong with the funeral home, or with Claire last night) the rest of the time, they seem to have a lot more money than business warrents.
Old 06-21-05, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Isn't Billy a semi-successful artist? I thought he had a run of success which lead him to be offered the professor position. I just figured that he had his money saved form that.

With this being the last season and all, does anyone else get the feeling that Claire is a goner?
Old 06-21-05, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

dave-o,

don't you say that! Don't you say that if it ain't true! Don't even think it!

I'm all for Billy biting the bullet, though.
Old 06-22-05, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Geofferson
...and Nate get away from Brenda. There's something brewing there too.

Great episode tonight (this final season is off to a great start). Touching scene between Nate and Maggie as well.
Considering the usual path of this show I expect it to lead to actual touching. Any time someone talks to someone of the opposite sex that they aren't related to for more than a minute it always leads to sex. Unless of course if they are gay or Brenda and Billy.
Old 06-22-05, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dave-o
Isn't Billy a semi-successful artist? I thought he had a run of success which lead him to be offered the professor position. I just figured that he had his money saved form that.
And his parents are loaded. Brenda never seems to have any money problems.

The opening scene with little George creeped me out. I was really hoping he was going to tell his daughter about it when he was asking to get more shock treatments.
Old 06-22-05, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
I used to really like Six Feet Under - and the shame of it is that it's still a really great show - great writing/acting/directing. But something about it has become a real chore to watch - I just don't enjoy it anymore. It's not even that it's gotten overly depressing - it's more that I now hate characters I used to like, and I don't really care about what happens to them anymore.
Old 06-22-05, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
I used to really like Six Feet Under - and the shame of it is that it's still a really great show - great writing/acting/directing. But something about it has become a real chore to watch - I just don't enjoy it anymore. It's not even that it's gotten overly depressing - it's more that I now hate characters I used to like, and I don't really care about what happens to them anymore.
I'm starting to feel the same way. It's like they want us to feel bad about every single person on the show and it's hard to watch them. All the complaining and arguing between every person on the show is getting old.
Old 06-22-05, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Is it just me or are the deaths getting closer to "home"? Last week it was a friend of Nate's. This week is a flashback scene to George's mom. Seems like we are slowly being led down a specific path here.