Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Aborted West Wing plot threads

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-05, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Aborted West Wing plot threads

What plots and characters got introduced and never really led anywhere...

Certainly Ainsely Haines - the attractive republican lawyer is the worst case.

But there's also the odd plot line about that woman who slaps Charlie in front of the president. That really fizzled out.

And that reporter who was supposed to be so attractive to everyone in the white house who flirted with CJ (not the guy from Revenge of the Nerds)

And the "expert" that Leo brings in from NY...she really doesn't do anything.
Old 06-13-05, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

two words: Mandy Hampton
Old 06-13-05, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

who dat?
Old 06-13-05, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
Too true.

But at least she had more personality than Kate.

Last edited by the big train; 02-20-07 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-13-05, 11:54 PM

The storyline involving Charlie and the reporter I thought was pretty much resolved. Charlie ended the relationship, she understood the relationship Charlie has with the president, not really sure what else could of been done with that.

As for Mandy, that was a total drop...did they ever say how Mandy (Moira Kelly) leaves the West Wing.
Old 06-14-05, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sjrab16
The storyline involving Charlie and the reporter I thought was pretty much resolved. Charlie ended the relationship, she understood the relationship Charlie has with the president, not really sure what else could of been done with that.

As for Mandy, that was a total drop...did they ever say how Mandy (Moira Kelly) leaves the West Wing.
Heh, way I figure it, one of two things happened....

One - she was at Rosylin and was shot and killed and no one really cared enough to mention it.

Two - she was so upset by the shooting that she up and left, not even checking in on one-time-love Josh who was fighting for his life on the operating table.

Three - she never existed and it was all in the mind of an autistic boy looking into a snow globe of the white house.

Doc
Old 06-14-05, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
Oh man that was bad. For a show that was so tight the first 2 seasons this just didn't make any sense. Upon watching reruns I realized that I didn't like her much though so for repeat viewings it's a good thing for me.
Old 06-14-05, 06:14 AM

I know Rob Lowe left the show, but did they ever even say if Sam won the race in California? I honestly don't remember.

I also would have liked to see how the story between Toby and his ex-wife played out. Once Sorkin left the show, Toby's kids were never mentioned again and his wife was nowhere to be seen.
Old 06-14-05, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SiberianLlama
I know Rob Lowe left the show, but did they ever even say if Sam won the race in California? I honestly don't remember.
Within the last year, I've caught up with West Wing and that's the way I remember it too: they never really said what happened in his election.
Old 06-14-05, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
what ever happened to Matthew Perry's character? Did he go poof like Hayes or was his storyline resolved (I honestly don't remember).
Old 06-14-05, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lisadoris
what ever happened to Matthew Perry's character? Did he go poof like Hayes or was his storyline resolved (I honestly don't remember).
I know he guested in at least one episode in the abysmal 5th season, about a Federal Judge dying or something and from what little bit I saw, he and Toby had a falling out over that. Not entirely sure if that was his "exit" episode or what though.
Old 06-14-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amy Gardner - I never knew what happened to her. Did I miss an episode or did she just fall of the end of the earth like Ainsely Haines?
Old 06-14-05, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

IIRC, Amy realized that the West Wing wasn't really the place for her and left. i may be wrong though.

I do miss Mallory. Her and Sam playing off of each other was classic.
Old 06-14-05, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The thing about the reporter and Charlie...if you have a moment of him being hit in front of the president...you don't want to waste it on a very small story arch with an insignificant character you really don't know ore care about.

As for Moira Kelley's character...i was happyy she left...didn't really fit in...

They show Rob Lowe losing the election...big

Mathey Perry was never meant to be a recurring character. I think we're just meant to think that a lot of people work for the white house and we just won't see all of them all of the time.

Amy Gardner showed up for one (?) episode last season. She was hired for work on the campaign and was fired shortly thereafter.
Old 06-15-05, 12:33 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I detested moira kelly's character from the get go. I probably dislike her as much as I dislike will's character.
Old 06-15-05, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kevin75
I do miss Mallory. Her and Sam playing off of each other was classic.
I loved that, too.

But what was the deal with bringing her back for the hospital vigil at the beginning of last season and giving her zero lines?!
Old 06-15-05, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
In what season was the story where Charlie is hit by a reporter?
Old 06-15-05, 03:29 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Season 5
Old 06-15-05, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by the big train
But what was the deal with bringing her back for the hospital vigil at the beginning of last season and giving her zero lines?!
No kidding.

At least Allison Smith had a big role in the pilot of "The Closer" on TNT this week. She was also in the latest Mystery Woman movie on whatever channel does those Kellie Martin films.
Old 06-15-05, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You hate Will Bailey? Why?

I like the actor playing him. He's not that different from his character in Sports Night. Except he's meaner in this show.
Old 06-16-05, 12:25 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Will is a whiny bitch. A big cry baby, I know that's how is character is scripted but he annoys me, I of course am comparing him to toby. josh. sam. none of whom whined and moaned. he is a girly man and was perfectly suited to run bingo bob's campaign.

No way should he be back.

The west wing to my mind is a show about josh and toby, it was Cj, but I lost all respect for her position when she took over leo's job. Come on!!
Old 06-16-05, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kube
You hate Will Bailey? Why?

I like the actor playing him. He's not that different from his character in Sports Night. Except he's meaner in this show.
The difference is that Jeremy was actually kinda funny. Maybe I just don't like him because it felt like Malina got the job simply because he is Sorkin's boy.
Old 06-16-05, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

will wasn't too bad when he was first introduced in season 4. however, they made him toby's deputy for about 10 minutes before they sent him over to russell where the writers did indeed make him a whiny little bitch. horrible waste of a great actor.
Old 06-17-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
It was mainly a function of the new writers having no clue what to do with the character. By moving him over to Bingo Bob, the only time Bailey would ever eppear was when he was coming over and asking for something. He was never the protaganist in any plot lines, simply showing up to react to something as per the VP. There's not much you can do with a character that doesn't actually participate in the dramatic stories, but just sits on the outside and asks for a copy of the speech.

I'm biased, I really like Josh Malina as an actor, and besides, anyone who got to kiss Sabrina Lloyd for a living deserves my undying respect and admiration. Seriously lucky bastard.

(Besides, he is the actor who uttered one of the funniest lines in the history of television, another reason to love the guy. "I told many...*many* people.")
Old 06-17-05, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dstrauss

anyone who got to kiss Sabrina Lloyd for a living deserves my undying respect and admiration. Seriously lucky bastard.

Originally Posted by dstrauss
(Besides, he is the actor who uttered one of the funniest lines in the history of television, another reason to love the guy. "I told many...*many* people.")

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.