Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

My Chemical Romance "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge"

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-05, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I just gotta give a shout out for this great CD. Every song on the album just grabs you by the adrenals and doesn't relent. Fitting into the punk-pop genre, every song on this release is a winner from top to bottom. It's definitely worth checking out.
Old 06-13-05, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strong disagreement. Their first album was much better, though it was very uneven. This is crap.
Old 06-13-05, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

havent heard the records but i seen them live a couple weeks ago and they was pretty sad and embarrassingly pathetic. lame mick jagger stage moves and pseudo-goth antics that would make even marilyn manson laugh. a scary? screeching rendition of "here comes the bride", a pompous statement of how proud he is that jared leto called him handsome, and even asked the fans to do a "good deed" for him some time next week, uhh ok. all the little 14 year old girls sure loved them though.

i will say the band itself wasnt bad and they seemed to be enjoying themselves, its just that the singer is really really silly. again, unless youre a 14 year old girl going thru your hot topic goth phase.
Old 06-13-05, 09:43 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

havent heard the records but i seen them live a couple weeks ago and they was pretty sad and embarrassingly pathetic.
Oh, was they?
Old 06-13-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
My friend really likes this album, and I can't understand his zeal. I thought the video for "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" was really really juvenile and clichéd, but some of their songs are pretty good. I'll take them over most of the pop-punk bands out now. (I'd rather listen to Brand New or Motion City Soundtrack, if any).
Old 06-13-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't see them live. Suck isn't even the word for it. Especially when they open for Green Day. Difference is night and day just on sound quality alone.
Old 06-13-05, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

also, now we have to suffer through that god awful rendition of "under pressure" from them and the Used?
Old 06-13-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just curious how many people who said the album sucked actually listened to it as opposed to seeing them live?
Old 06-13-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jack Straw
Just curious how many people who said the album sucked actually listened to it as opposed to seeing them live?

I have the album and like most of it. I just don't think they are a good live band.
Old 07-19-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mopower
I have the album and like most of it. I just don't think they are a good live band.
I have listened to them live from the Warped Tour this year and you are right. The vocals are pretty rough, and they are throwing out profanities left and right. However I stand by my album review.
Old 07-19-05, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I have the album. Think its good for a pop punk/pop goth band. But they're just that, a pop band. Nothing deep about them musically. Hell the chorus to their hit song goes "I'm not ok, I'm not ok, I'm not o-fucking-k". But like I said, a fun album none-the-less.

I enjoy the music, but hate the whole pop-goth thing. Next thing you know you're going to have rich white kids in loving families that dress in all black with white makeup on.
Old 07-20-05, 10:48 AM

When I lived in Harrison, NJ, my roommate was friends with the drummer and we would hang out, and he seemed like a cool guy, we would go to bars and everyone would know him, he was into Muse and Alkaline Trio and stuff...Gerard seemed kinda like a dick. But anyways, their first album was a hell of a lot better I think....they had more cred with it also...I't just kinda obvious they went a radio friendly direction with the band to get big, I thought they were gonna be more of a harder band than they turned out to be, and now that they're huge, they sure as hell don't go to bars with us anymore

Btw, I think their whole look is ripping off Alkaline Trio, though of course the goth punk think has been around for awhile.

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I have the album. Think its good for a pop punk/pop goth band. But they're just that, a pop band. Nothing deep about them musically. Hell the chorus to their hit song goes "I'm not ok, I'm not ok, I'm not o-fucking-k". But like I said, a fun album none-the-less.

I enjoy the music, but hate the whole pop-goth thing. Next thing you know you're going to have rich white kids in loving families that dress in all black with white makeup on.

Last edited by TripWire; 07-20-05 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-20-05, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Don't care for their look.
Don't care for their "shock".
Don't care for most of their songs.

But, by God, I love 'Helena' and 'Ghost of You'. Two damn catchy songs.
Old 07-20-05, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mopower
Don't see them live. Suck isn't even the word for it. Especially when they open for Green Day. Difference is night and day just on sound quality alone.
Yeah, i saw them open for Green Day a few months back and it was just an embarassing showing. They are horrible without some heavy studio post production.