Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Anyone else with Be Cool dvd scratched?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-05, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Anyone else with Be Cool dvd scratched?

I normally wouldn't do a topic like this, but I'm having bad luck. I have gotten two different Be Cool dvds from two different Circuit City stores and both were badly scratched. The marks were nearly identical, two scratch bars that went across the entire disc on both copies. I will be opening the dvd in store when I return tomorrow to make sure this doesn't happen again. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem? It may be a manufacturing problem.
Old 06-11-05, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I bought a copy of Be Cool because I loved Get Shorty, so even if it ain't the best movie ever made, I still had to get it. The disc was mint, no problems to speak of. However, I have bought dvd's at Wal-Mart before and this always happened with Warner Bros., newly released dvds. For instance, I bought Oceans Twelve, Starsky & Hutch (Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller version), The Big Bounce, The Matrix Box Set and all of them had to be returned to the store because all the discs had fingerprints and some scuffs all over the playing side of the dvd. They all looked like Blockbuster rental copys, and for what reason, I have no clue. I suspect this happened through handling in manufacturing somehow.
Old 06-11-05, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had no problems with mine.
Old 06-11-05, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd_luver
No, I bought a copy of Be Cool because I loved Get Shorty, so even if it ain't the best movie ever made, I still had to get it. The disc was mint, no problems to speak of. However, I have bought dvd's at Wal-Mart before and this always happened with Warner Bros., newly released dvds. For instance, I bought Oceans Twelve, Starsky & Hutch (Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller version), The Big Bounce, The Matrix Box Set and all of them had to be returned to the store because all the discs had fingerprints and some scuffs all over the playing side of the dvd. They all looked like Blockbuster rental copys, and for what reason, I have no clue. I suspect this happened through handling in manufacturing somehow.
Have you bought any Smallville sets? Scratches and scuffs are the norm for this series.
Old 06-11-05, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Ok good, I hope I won't have to open six copies before I get a good one in the store. I am also beginning to hate the new cases from Universal/Miramax/Touchstone. They have a hard center that doesn't hold the disc tightly and allows it to wobble around, seems like a good way to scratch discs imo.