Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Adam Brody on Tonight Show 6/7/05

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-05, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adam Brody on Tonight Show 6/7/05

Did anyone catch it ? Was he drunk ? He was rambling on about nothing, slurring his words a bit, and kept sipping from his mug.
Old 06-08-05, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
i saw most of it, thats how he always is. I think thats his schtick.
Old 06-08-05, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeboo835
i saw most of it, thats how he always is. I think thats his schtick.
He's a squirrelly guy, but I think he was a little drunk, too.
Old 06-08-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Doesn't Jay spike their drinks to make it easier for them to bear his ridiculous "interviewing" skills?
Old 06-08-05, 11:35 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588
Doesn't Jay spike their drinks to make it easier for them to bear his ridiculous "interviewing" skills?
I've read that too, and it makes sense. Quentin Tarantino was obviously drunk on one episode. I remember another with Rachel Leigh Cook where she seemed completely out of it and ditsy, almost like she was stoned, and it was the only interview where I'd seen her act like that.
Old 06-08-05, 11:55 AM
Suspended

Did you guys watch when Chris Matthews came out next? Brody was earlier rambling on about the "Guest 1" printed on the cup, and when Matthews gets out there, he picks up his cup and says, "Guest 2, does that have the booze in it too?"
Old 06-08-05, 12:02 PM

Damn, I missed it. This sounds classic. Anyone got a link to a clip?
Old 06-08-05, 12:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Doughboy
Damn, I missed it. This sounds classic. Anyone got a link to a clip?
Do you have a DVR (well, a VCR would work too I guess )? The Tonight Show runs episodes from the previous week at like 2 or 3am. So last night's show will air again (I think) at 2 or 3am next Wed. morning.
Old 06-08-05, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh man, I can't tell you how badly I wanted to punch that kid.

I didn't even get the impression that he was necessarily drunk, just incredibly annoying.
Old 06-08-05, 01:34 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Phil L.
Oh man, I can't tell you how badly I wanted to punch that kid.

I didn't even get the impression that he was necessarily drunk, just incredibly annoying.
Hehe, if you watch the OC, you'd realize that the part he plays isn't too far from who he actually is - heck, his real dad's even a lawyer! Annoying or entertaining, definitely debatable.
Old 06-08-05, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
Hehe, if you watch the OC, you'd realize that the part he plays isn't too far from who he actually is - heck, his real dad's even a lawyer! Annoying or entertaining, definitely debatable.
He was entertaining last year. This year, he's annoying.
Old 06-08-05, 02:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Doughboy
He was entertaining last year. This year, he's annoying.
Fair enough. He still has his moments, but that "I'm an annoying moron, please feel sorry for me," role gets old quick.
Old 06-08-05, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
when Matthews gets out there, he picks up his cup and says, "Guest 2, does that have the booze in it too?"
Damn, I missed that - I couldn't handle watching Jay for a second longer, even if it was in HD.
Old 06-08-05, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hehe, if you watch the OC, you'd realize that the part he plays isn't too far from who he actually is -
I've never seen that show and didn't even know who he was supposed to be until they started talking about it.
Old 06-08-05, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by B.A.
Damn, I missed that - I couldn't handle watching Jay for a second longer, even if it was in HD.
The only reason I hang in on Leno over Letterman (besides HD and widescreen) is that Paul Schaffer has (for me) made the Letterman show completely unwatchable. That guy is so awful and annoying that he has ruined an entire show I feel.
Has he got naked pictures of Letterman with young boys or something?!? He must have something on him, cause I can not for the life of me figure out why Letterman has kept Schaffer around all these years.
Old 06-08-05, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got way too sick of him rambling on all season 2 of OC. Maybe he is drunk when they film it too.
Old 06-08-05, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Phil L.
The only reason I hang in on Leno over Letterman (besides HD and widescreen) is that Paul Schaffer has (for me) made the Letterman show completely unwatchable. That guy is so awful and annoying that he has ruined an entire show I feel.
Has he got naked pictures of Letterman with young boys or something?!? He must have something on him, cause I can not for the life of me figure out why Letterman has kept Schaffer around all these years.
I can't stand either, but that Leno episode sounds classic. Gotta find it.
Old 06-08-05, 08:44 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Third Baseman
I can't stand either, but that Leno episode sounds classic. Gotta find it.
"Do you have a DVR (well, a VCR would work too I guess )? The Tonight Show runs episodes from the previous week at like 2 or 3am. So last night's show will air again (I think) at 2 or 3am next Wed. morning."
Old 06-09-05, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It was the coffee mug of whatever he was drinking, they have drinks for them in their dressing rooms I have read in the past. I'm sure if you're there even 30 minutes before the show starts you could drink quite a few shots if you were nervous.

The guy's a major geek anyway, reminds me of skinny Tom Hanks in his screwball comedies (which mostly sucked) in the 1980s.
Old 06-10-05, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
I kinda like Paul from the early days on SNL to now.
Old 06-11-05, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"Do you have a DVR (well, a VCR would work too I guess )? The Tonight Show runs episodes from the previous week at like 2 or 3am. So last night's show will air again (I think) at 2 or 3am next Wed. morning."
Actually, not all NBC stations air the "NBC All Night" programming (Leno and Conan during the week). It's just overnight programming that NBC offers its affiliates as filler programming after Carson Daly's show. Whether or not an affiliate takes it is up to them. Locally, my NBC affil goes off the air following Carson's show so I don't get the NBC All Night programming. And since I am a TV listings editor for stations nationwide (including a number of NBC affils), I can tell you that many affiliates do not air the All Night programming - they either sign off the air or show syndicated shows/paid programming.

Edit: after checking Doughboy's NBC affiliate (assuming it's KPRC since he's in Houston), they do not air the All Night programming, either. In fact, they don't even air Carson Daly's show.

Last edited by scott27; 06-11-05 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-11-05, 09:35 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by scott27
Actually, not all NBC stations air the "NBC All Night" programming (Leno and Conan during the week). It's just overnight programming that NBC offers its affiliates as filler programming after Carson Daly's show. Whether or not an affiliate takes it is up to them. Locally, my NBC affil goes off the air following Carson's show so I don't get the NBC All Night programming. And since I am a TV listings editor for stations nationwide (including a number of NBC affils), I can tell you that many affiliates do not air the All Night programming - they either sign or show syndicated shows.

Edit: after checking Doughboy's NBC affiliate (assuming it's KPRC since he's in Houston), they do not air the All Night programming, either. In fact, they don't even air Carson Daly's show.
Interesting, thanks for the info. And here I always thought my NBC affiliate (Madison) was terrible! Guess I shouldn't complain .