Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

From the director of Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D comes....Highlander 5???

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 06-03-05, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.imagi.com.hk/movie/web/highm.htm
In revenge, patience is a virtue. And after a millennium, Colin MacLeod doesn't give a damn about virtue.
After four films and two successful television series, you've never seen the Highlander like this. MacLeod returns with a vengeance.in an animated feature-length epic! In the tradition of "Vampire Hunter D" and "Ninja Scroll," anime wizard Yoshiaki Kawajiri brings his unique visual bravura to the immortal "Highlander" franchise. For the first time, the MacLeod katana blade will find itself in the hands of a Japanese master.
In the new tale, the lone warrior Colin travels with the wise-cracking ghost Amergan through the ages searching for the immortal despot Marcus Octavius, who killed his lover on the Celtic plains tens of centuries ago. On his quest, he discovers New York is submerged, and one dominant monolith fortress towers over the seas. Colin can save the survivors, but his sword only hungers for the blood of one man. Despite many lifetimes of training, Colin has failed to vanquish Marcus on the great battlefields of history. Can he finish what he started and stop Marcus? Will Colin lead the people to freedom or become consumed by hate? There can be only one.
Doesn't really sound much like Highlander, but then again maybe that's a good thing.
Old 06-04-05, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought there were alredy 5 feature films? And wasn't there 4 TV shows? I know there was Highlander, & The Raven, plus I could swear there was an animated series and a Highlander: The Owl or something with Adrian Paul
Old 06-04-05, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 647 Likes on 447 Posts
Originally Posted by JJE-187
I thought there were alredy 5 feature films? And wasn't there 4 TV shows?
There's 4 feature films:

Highlander (1986)
Highlander II: The Quickening (1991)
Highlander III: The Sorcerer (1994)
Highlander: Endgame (2000)

The TV pilot was also available on video as a seperate "feature film," which is what you may be thinking of

There's 3 TV series:

Highlander
Highlander: The Animated Series
Highlander: The Raven

I can't find any mention of Highlander: The Owl. Adrian Paul was involved in a TV movie called The Owl, although it's not Highlander related:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102618/
Old 06-04-05, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would rather have another D movie,infact I liked Bloodlust better then all of the highlander's combined.
Old 06-04-05, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 619 Likes on 478 Posts
A live-action film called Highlander: The Source is in the works and, so far, the only signed actor is Christopher Lambert even though the lead character of that film is supposed to be Duncan.

This animated film sounds like pure rubbish even if it didn't carry the name Highlander. The only film by Yoshiaki Kawajiri that I ever liked was Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust so I'd rather he do a sequel to that.
Old 06-04-05, 08:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So it's true? They hired him for only 20 pieces of gold?
Old 06-04-05, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Um.... Who? What?

You talkin' about Yoshiaki Kawajiri or Christopher Lambert?
Old 06-04-05, 09:01 PM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Isn't Colin MacLeod the same character from the animater series?
Old 06-04-05, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

No. Quentin MacLeod was the character from the animated series. There was also a Ramirez in the animated series but he wasn't the same one from the movies.
Old 06-04-05, 09:41 PM

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts
When the writers on Project Greenlight said they were working on a Highlander sequel I thought they were joking.