Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Interview with Bruce Campbell

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-05, 01:38 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A nice three-part interview with the star of Bubba Ho-Tep, the Evil Dead trilogy and The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

Bruce explains what George Lucas and Michael Moore can learn from a B-movie actor, how to bribe a Bulgarian policeman and why he'll never write a book about tulips.

Bruce is, of course, the coolest person on the freakin' planet, so I found it interesting.

I figured someone else here would dig it, too.

interview: bruce campbell (part 1 of 3)

The site is also giving away an autographed copy of Bruce's new book and a pair of Army of Darkness Bobbleheads here.

Last edited by hipnerd; 06-03-05 at 02:28 AM.
Old 06-03-05, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Interesting that the site you have in your signature is the same that you are advertising...sorry, pointing out here. Interesting.....
Old 06-03-05, 02:32 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by FinkPish
Interesting that the site you have in your signature is the same that you are advertising...sorry, pointing out here. Interesting.....
Yep. It's mine. It's a hobby, not a profit-maker, though. I have not yet seen a check from my Google Ad-Sense. I'm not sure I believe such items exist.

I wasn't trying to be deceptive. Just thought the interview with Bruce went really well and wanted to get the word out. It's the coolest interview I've landed by far.
Old 06-03-05, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You might want to check with a mod to see how close a line you are walking by linking to a personal site. I'm not saying you are wrong, but there is a bit of a grey area when it comes to this stuff. Nice interview though.
Old 06-03-05, 03:07 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by FinkPish
You might want to check with a mod to see how close a line you are walking by linking to a personal site. I'm not saying you are wrong, but there is a bit of a grey area when it comes to this stuff. Nice interview though.
Well, I guess I'll know if they yank it, wont I?

My line of thinking was that since it wasn't commercial, I didn't feel like I was abusing the forums. I don't make any money off of this. I'm doin' it for the love.

Bruce was nice enough to give me an interview, I just wanted to make sure he got some value out of it -- i.e. people reading it.

I'm glad you liked it.
Old 06-03-05, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post withdrawn, with apologies to hipnerd.

Last edited by Mr. Salty; 06-04-05 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-03-05, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Before this gets locked I’d like to point out that Bruce's first book. "If Chins Could Kill : Confessions of a B Movie Actor" is the best celebrity autobiography I have ever read. For any fan of Bruce's as well as anyone interested in an inside look at making lower budget movies and TV it is a must read. Very funny and entertaining.

(Note: I am not Bruce Campbell, so please do not ban me for promoting this book.)
Old 06-03-05, 09:05 AM
Cool New Member

Apology accepted

Last edited by hipnerd; 06-04-05 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-03-05, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Who cares if he owns the site? You're not a moderator.

Great interview.
Old 06-03-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll give the op one thing, at least he stuck around and chatted about it. Makes it not seem like spam (which is what they are trying to avoid). Most spammers would just post it and leave the forum never to return. At least he's sticking around.
Old 06-03-05, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
(Note: I am not Bruce Campbell, so please do not ban me for promoting this book.)
Somehow, I think that if Bruce actually posted at this forum, the last thing that would happen is bannination.
Old 06-03-05, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Originally Posted by mmconhea
Exactly. If something looks sketchy (although I would personally not consider this the sort of unpleasant spam we try to avoid), use the "Report This Post to a Moderator" link. That's what it's there for.
Old 06-03-05, 11:59 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by glassdragon
I'll give the op one thing, at least he stuck around and chatted about it. Makes it not seem like spam (which is what they are trying to avoid). Most spammers would just post it and leave the forum never to return. At least he's sticking around.
Yeah, I'm still here. I don't do spam. It's not like I'm offering you a free iPod if you can punch the monkey or anything. Badmouth is my hobby. More traffic actually costs me more money.

For my site at any rate, Bruce is a major star. I appreciated the interview. and I wanted to try and increase the number of people who read it so that he got the publicity out of it that he was looking for. Plus, I thought it was a pretty good interview. I tried to ask him some questions that I hadn't seen him answer before. I saved all the Evil Dead IV fanboy stuff for the end.
Old 06-03-05, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mmconhea

Great interview.
Old 06-03-05, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
I have an advance copy of "Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way." It's great, but... well, let's just say it's a little far-fetched.
Old 06-03-05, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Interesting interview. He's always been just below the radar in terms of stardom, but I'm glad to see he's not just accepting junk just for the sake of making something. That Sky High flicks sounds pretty intriguing too.
Old 06-03-05, 06:13 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Interesting interview. He's always been just below the radar in terms of stardom, but I'm glad to see he's not just accepting junk just for the sake of making something. That Sky High flicks sounds pretty intriguing too.
Sky High is Disney. As long as it is closer to Mean Girls than it is to "That's So Raven," it should be watchable. Bruce seemed to like the movie, so I'm hoping it won't suck.

(Of course, Bruce also liked the chances of Congo...)
Old 06-03-05, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Then why did you write "The site is also giving away ..." instead of "My site is giving away ..."?
Wow, you just never stop do you?
Old 06-03-05, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts
Great interview, hipnerd. And kudos for leaving all the really fanboyish stuff 'til the end. Judging by his responses, he seemed to enjoy chatting with you and I think a big part of that is your choosing to leave the fanboy stuff aside 'til the very end.
Old 06-04-05, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts
Bruce Campbell is a great guy as well, I never met him or anything, I just know that he is.
Old 06-04-05, 01:01 AM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts
Good read. Thanks!
Old 06-04-05, 01:22 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Great interview, hipnerd. And kudos for leaving all the really fanboyish stuff 'til the end. Judging by his responses, he seemed to enjoy chatting with you and I think a big part of that is your choosing to leave the fanboy stuff aside 'til the very end.
Interviewing 101: Always leave the questions they may not want to answer until the end.

1. By then you may have established a rapport, and they will answer them.

2. If they get mad or hang up, at least you already have the rest of the interview in the bag.

If I lead with Evil Dead IV, even though I know it's not his favorite topic, I could have put a chill on the entire rest of the interview.

And besides, I pretty much knew the answers to those questions before I asked them. I thought some of the other stuff was more interesting, because I was learning things about Bruce that I didn't know.

On the flip side, I think he enjoyed getting to talk about current projects rather than movies he made 15-20 years ago.

Last edited by hipnerd; 06-04-05 at 02:29 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-04-05, 07:12 AM

Well done. Thanks for posting the interview. I dug it.
Old 06-04-05, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
Great interview. Thanks for the post. Nice to see many non-obvious questions. I especially liked his Lucas comment.
Old 06-04-05, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another for the interview, good stuff.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.