Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Newest Bad Trader Alert: Stan Martin

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-05, 06:53 AM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Please do not attempt trades with another banned person who refuses to go away:

Stan Martin (iluvcriterions) (Amherstview, Ontario/Canada)
Old 05-27-05, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should have put up a warning - I did a trade with him where I insisted he send first - he eventually did, but it took him 3 weeks (I suspected he was waiting for my DVD to show up) - then he sent the DVD in a document mailer.

I didn't give him positive feedback, but I couldn't very well give him an incomplete as he did the trade - should have put up a red flag though.

Woo hoo - my 1000th post - I feel so - special

Last edited by NCYankee; 05-27-05 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-27-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I am the reason for this sticky. The guy is a jerk (as agreed upon by the mods). I also received my cash within 3 weeks. Good riddens.
Old 05-27-05, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I never recieved anything and never sent anything, but he still sent me a few e-mails asking when I would send my end. I just got back from a "stay" from home and had a couple e-mails from him, I just deleted them and went on through the other 150+ e-mails I had
Old 05-27-05, 10:12 PM
Cool New Member

A few weeks back I had some e-mail exchanges with him that threw up some red flags so I cancelled the trade before either of us sent anything out. Glad I did after reading this!
Old 05-27-05, 10:37 PM

I have an apparent pending trade with him.

Glad I asked him to send first.

Judging by this though, I doubt I'll receive anything.

That means a SOTL CC, is still up for grabs
I'm shameless.
Old 05-28-05, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh yeah, in one email he did tell me that he doesn't have time to send dvds because he works 60 hour weeks.
Old 06-01-05, 02:52 AM

This is pretty funny since I never expected to get involved with a bad trader as reported here. He sent me a money order for a DVD after about a month or two wait because as he called it, 'lost money orders by the post office', which seemed fishy of course. With the way you guys talk I should make sure I can cash this money order soon, just got it a few days ago. I can't read his address on his envelope and he won't answer e-mails so if I can cash this alright could someone send me his address? He did send me the money order so if its alright I feel I should give him his DVD even if he is a terrible trader and won't answer me.
Old 06-01-05, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cfloyd - YGM.
Old 06-01-05, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got the "lost money order" speil as well. When I did get it after 3 weeks he sent it via priority mail. I cashed it no problem.
Old 06-06-05, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is odd. I had a trade going with Stan about a month ago but I never got a reply on where to ship his DVD and I wound up selling it to someone else a couple of weeks later. Out of the blue I get the DVD from him. I felt bad because I wanted the DVD but I didn't have the title I agreed to send so I sent his back.

Some folks out there are shady and some (myself included) are not always quick with the communication but it's always good to keep your radar running/ If you're unsure of a trader wait a few days, you never know what will come up on the boards. I know several times If I had waited just one day before sending a trade or even worse lots of money I would have saved myself a lot of aggravation.
Old 06-07-05, 01:27 PM

hey beware of international people is all I can say. They think just becuase they don't live in the USA, they don't have to follow the standard rules.
Old 06-07-05, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by eddie5000
hey beware of international people is all I can say. They think just becuase they don't live in the USA, they don't have to follow the standard rules.
Please dont tar all non US people with the same brush

An honest trader in the UK / Canada is just as likely to be the victim of a dishonest one in the US just as much as the other way round

If the person has a track record of honest trading you are safe whereever they come from as long as the necessary precautions are taken with postal insurance and customs issues
Old 06-07-05, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
Originally Posted by eddie5000
hey beware of international people is all I can say.
You're entitled to your opinion.

They think just becuase they don't live in the USA, they don't have to follow the standard rules.
Sorry, but you're not entitled to speak for me. Your assumption as to my thoughts are incorrect, and IMHO are detrimental to the purpose of this forum.