Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone Else Fall Asleep?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Anyone Else Fall Asleep?

Old 05-26-05, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Anyone Else Fall Asleep?

Saw it the other day. I was mildly-tired. But certainly not fall-asleep-during-Episode-III-tired.

I can't finger what was wrong. Comfy seats? Low temp? Maybe. But I think it had something to do with the movie. I just couldn't get interested, and stay interested. It had plenty of neat, sensational parts. But the inbetweens were just numbing.

Didn't even get to see the whole thing. I know that I missed out on Grievious' death. Actually, I think I missed quite a bit. I'll be seeing it again. Probably with some Red Bull or coffee - or maybe an early afternoon show.

Never expected Episode III to be such a snoozer. I hadn't slept like that since THE GRINCH.

So who else dozed off?
Old 05-26-05, 04:59 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope, and I saw the midnight showing after a long day and was exhausted.
Old 05-26-05, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should be stoned in the street's for this crime.

But for real my buddy at work fell asleep along with his 3 freind's,but he said it wasnt the movie,they were nursing hangovers.
Old 05-26-05, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn, that's an expensive nap!
Old 05-26-05, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did you really expect to have a bunch of people agreeing with you? You apparently haven't taken the time to read much of what people have been saying. Sure, some people didn't like it, and others have problems with some parts of it, but on the whole, most people really enjoyed it.

I sense an ulterior motive in your post.

Oh, and for the record, I saw it at the midnight showing, also after a long day, and had no trouble staying awake and focused.
Old 05-26-05, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by RoboDad
I sense an ulterior motive in your post.

Oh, and for the record, I saw it at the midnight showing, also after a long day, and had no trouble staying awake and focused.
I don't sense any ulterior motive. He said he fell asleep during the movie. The movie failed to keep his attention.
Old 05-26-05, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think RoboDad's point is that the OP could've just posted his "reaction" in the review thread instead. Making a stand-alone thread like this just cries "I don't want my negative reaction to the film be buried under all the positive things being said about the movie so I'll just make it its own thread."

I respect other's opinion on the movie but I honestly don't see how anybody who's even remotely interested in Star Wars would fall asleep during the movie unless they were dead tired. Otherwise, as another poster said, that's just an expensive nap.
Old 05-26-05, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
Perhaps this should be in the general forum discussing falling asleep in movies in general.

FWIW, I don't remember ever falling asleep in a theater.
Old 05-26-05, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kal-El
I think RoboDad's point is that the OP could've just posted his "reaction" in the review thread instead. Making a stand-alone thread like this just cries "I don't want my negative reaction to the film be buried under all the positive things being said about the movie so I'll just make it its own thread."

I respect other's opinion on the movie but I honestly don't see how anybody who's even remotely interested in Star Wars would fall asleep during the movie unless they were dead tired. Otherwise, as another poster said, that's just an expensive nap.

Good point.
Old 05-26-05, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got a little drowzy as well... it can lose you in parts.
Old 05-26-05, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

EpIII is much better than previous films, but all three prequels have moments where I wished the theater had a FF button.
Old 05-26-05, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVDHO
You should be stoned...
He may have been...

I have a long history of falling asleep in movies, most notable The Avengers while on a date.

No napping here. As a matter of fact, I was trying to find a "lull" to send my stepson out for some popcorn, and never really found one I thought would be long enough (this was the second time I had seen it). Even the not-so-good hair-brushing-on-the-balcony scene wasn't that long to me. Then again, I'm not part of the MTV Generation.

I believe I may have gotten drowsy during the first Yoda appearance in ESB. Too much "this is your food?", "this is my food?", and the whole ruse to make Luke think that he only KNEW Yoda was just, well, too long.

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 05-26-05 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-26-05, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Mom and Dad went to see it themselves on Monday and my Dad supposidly slept thru 2/3 of the movie. BUt he's old and sleeps through all movies anyways.
Old 05-26-05, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
I dozed off for a few seconds here and there during the first half of the movie.But it is not uncommon for me to fall asleep in the theater.
Old 05-26-05, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I went to the midnight showing the day after it opened and there was one guy in a row snoring loudly. Finally someone slapped his chair, but he went back to sleep. No more snoring though.
Old 05-26-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 345 Likes on 226 Posts
No, but I left early because my kid wasn't enjoying it. I fell asleep during The Phantom Menace and the second Matrix movie, though.
Old 05-26-05, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never fallen asleep during a movie. I paid too much money to not keep my eyes open.
Old 05-26-05, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The couple in front of me fell asleep. It was a 10 pm showing, maybe they were just tired to begin with.
Old 05-27-05, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Saw it open morning at 12:15am = Awake all the way through - Sad movie, but I loved it.
Flew to San Fran the same day watch movie with 3 friends of mine (8:10pm) = Awake all the way through
Watch it last Saturday in the Digital Theater in the Metron in downtown SF = Awake all the way through
Old 05-27-05, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i overheard someone talking about this movie the other day...said they fell asleep about and hour in...."it bored them with the forced love story, and when she said I'm pregnant they lost me."

I thought to myself....this guy must have no idea that unless they have children we have no classic trilogy....sounded more like bitching about prequels, becuase its cool to bitch about prequels talk
Old 05-27-05, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The money is gone no matter if he sleeps or not
Old 05-27-05, 10:17 AM

i saw it at midnight after a long day of work and sitting in line for 6 hours in the hot sut.....i was exhausted when i got in there but as soon as i saw "a long time ago" i was wide awake