TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Rock Star

Old 05-24-05, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Rock Star

I'm more interested in watching this show because of Brooke Burke more than anything else.

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Dave Navarro will soon add network TV host to a resume that already includes guitar god, celebrity husband and sometime poker player.

Along with former "Wild On" girl Brooke Burke, Navarro will host "Rock Star: INXS" for CBS this summer. The Mark Burnett-produced series, which premieres in July, will be an "American Idol"-like competition to find a new singer for the formerly mega-selling band INXS.

Navarro has done a couple of hosting gigs in the past, including the MTV Movie Awards pre-show and the videogame awards show "G-Phoria" on cable channel G4. He also knows from being a rock star, having been the guitarist for Jane's Addiction and, for a time, the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

He's married to Carmen Electra -- the two documented the runup to their wedding in an MTV series -- and has appeared several times on Bravo's "Celebrity Poker Showdown."

Burke is best known for her work on E!, where she's hosted several series, including "Wild On," "Rank" and "Life Is Great with Brooke Burke." She's also made guest appearances on "Eve," "Monk" and "Less Than Perfect," among others.

"Rock Star" will air three times a week starting in July. Monday episodes will feature "Real World"-style segments that focus on the finalists' relationships and life together in a Hollywood house, while Tuesday on Wednesday will showcase the competition and who goes home.
Link
Old 05-24-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
If Brooke Burke and Mrs. Navarro were hosting, I might watch - if it involved lingerie instead of music. Otherwise, the last thing we need is a clone of that crapfest show.
Old 05-24-05, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
If Brooke Burke and Mrs. Navarro were hosting, I might watch - if it involved lingerie instead of music. Otherwise, the last thing we need is a clone of that crapfest show.
I set a limit of just watching one "karaoke" show per season. Since this is a summer show, I might take a chance on it.