Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What I would have like to have seen in EP 3.(spoilers)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-05, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have liked to have seen more of Vader in the full Vader garb and actually have him kill some more Jedis. Most were killed by Palps and the Troopers.

I also would have liked to have seen Qui Gon advise Kenobi.
Old 05-19-05, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I would have like to see some more allusion to military tactics. For example, at the end of AOTC, the clone troopers basically took on the Trade Federation head on.

On the Wookie planet the good guys took on the back guys head on. It seems to be laziness on Lucas's part.

There was one scene where a trooper signaled to get help for a fallen comrade which I was awesome and made it feel like a real battle instead of a buncha people randomly shooting at shit.
Old 05-19-05, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ruderic
I would have liked to have seen more of Vader in the full Vader garb and actually have him kill some more Jedis. Most were killed by Palps and the Troopers.
I actually loved the way this worked out. I think this is much more creative than the standard image of Vader (in full garb) slaughtering the Jedi.

To have Anakin (strapped to a table, weak, horrified) locked into this mechanical life support system... perfection. To have his only dialog in the suit be passive, scared, unsure of himself -- asking only about Padme. I really love how Lucas played against expectations.

In Episode III, I would have liked to see more stuff in the Senate -- which would have meant more important scenes for Padme, a role for Mon Mothma, and more hints at the upcoming Rebellion.

After watching III, I'm more apt to suggest changes/additions to I + II, rather than III. That's my main complaint -- crucial things such as Anakin's state of mind, Jedi ghosts, Anakin/Padme's relationship -- are all poorly developed by the end of this film, mainly because they were poorly developed in the previous films.
Old 05-19-05, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm gonna check out that animated stuff that came out on DVD that fills in a bit between Episodes 2 & 3.

What I'd like to see is more stuff along those lines (whether animated or whatever) to help fill in various occurences. Just a thought...I mean, I've read very few of the Star Wars related books, and one was Tales from Mos Eisley (think that's the right title). It was very cool in the sense that it told the tales of how the various characters got where they were, who they were etc. Upon watching Episode 4 again, when that scene came on, I felt like I knew everyone in the place! That was enjoyable...
Old 05-19-05, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Qui Gon
Dabobah
more vader in the suit kicking ass, more talking by vader for more James Earl Jones
Old 05-20-05, 12:00 AM

HOW HE GOT THE SCAR OVER HIS EYE.......and shaak ti getting wasted in the jedi temple.......and mon mothma ...
Old 05-20-05, 12:03 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by squaresoft7
HOW HE GOT THE SCAR OVER HIS EYE
They don't even answer that in the Clone Wars cartoons... he goes on a mission during a montage and comes back with a scar.
Old 05-20-05, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Three things. One, I would have liked to have seen a couple of scenes on the beginning of the Rebellion. Two, I wanted to see the scene between Qui-Goin and Yoda, where he and Yoda discuss the ability to learn the force ghost issue. Three, I would have liked to see Yoda landing on Dagobah, even if it wasn't necessary.
Old 05-20-05, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
More of the slaughter in the Jedi temple.
Old 05-20-05, 12:28 AM

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,130 Posts
TOP TEN:
- Qui-Gon Jinn as the ultimate Jedi Master schooling Yoda and Obi-Wan.
- Yoda arriving on Degobah, perhaps commenting on why Degobah (the cave).
- More Padme scenes. She was a glorified cameo.
- An actual resolution to Jar Jar Binks instead of shoving him in the background.
- A payoff to the Sifo-Dyas mystery.
- Yoda kill Mr. Bluey McHorns when he goes to Palpatine's office. I hate those awful fake horns.
- The last shot to be of Obi-Wan walking off into the sunset (and not on that camel-fart thing).
- Anakin and Yoda really, really confide in each other during their meeting. Seriously, Obi-Wan blames himself, but it was all Yoda for all his riddles instead of advice.
- Speaking of Obi-Wan and blame, how about a little "Hey, she didn't know I stowed aboard the ship, dude, let her go." in there, huh?
- Just plain better dialogue all around, or better acting. I honestly don't blame any of the actors. It's the writer/director's fault for this, pure and simple.
Old 05-20-05, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well, I don't think I have to ask dogmatica's opinion on this film.
Old 05-20-05, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

A scene where Anakin leaves his future son, Luke, his lightsaber. Another scene where a young Han Solo gets into a fistfight with a young Boba Fett. (How this pertains to the plot, I don't know) And more Natalie Portman is always welcome.
Old 05-20-05, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was the Millenium Falcon in the movie towards the beginning, on Coruscant? I swear it looked like it was landing, but maybe it was another random ship.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Old 05-20-05, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
-A reminder why Grievous is coughing
-Just a little bit more of "Order 66"
-Those Imperial guys at the end. Who are they? Where did they come from?
-A little more presence from Bail Organa in the early half (I'm sure most viewers forgot this guy when he showed up towards the 3rd act. And it probably would've made his apperance at the jedi temple stronger)
-Wookies tearing (Droid) arms out of sockets
-Just one lil' line from Tarkin
-An introduction to Mon Mothma--But no hint at a rebellion forming (Waaay too early)
-I haven't read the novelization, but I heard that there's a scene were Obi-Wan and Commander Cody meet again. This would've been strong to see especially after what's happened.

I was also lobbying for the Qui-Gon scene in the early going, but I'm cool with what's left in the film. Kind of ambiguous for what lies ahead.
Old 05-20-05, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by naitram
Was the Millenium Falcon in the movie towards the beginning, on Coruscant? I swear it looked like it was landing, but maybe it was another random ship.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Yes, I saw it the 2nd time I saw the movie. The Millenium Falcon was in the lower right part of the screen landing. The sceen is after they rescue the Chancler are returning to Corensant. The ship is up there for only 2 or 3 short seconds.
Old 05-20-05, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
Yes, I saw it the 2nd time I saw the movie. The Millenium Falcon was in the lower right part of the screen landing. The sceen is after they rescue the Chancler are returning to Corensant. The ship is up there for only 2 or 3 short seconds.
Woo that's awesome, I was hoping I saw right. Something neat to look for the next time.

There was really nothing else I would have wanted to see, I am completely satisfied. The fact that it didn't suck, some of it was exactly how I've imagined it in my head since I was a kid (which was very surreal), and there were some cool little touches that I just wouldn't have ever thought I'd get to see.

Like seeing through Vader's mask as it goes on, actually seeing how Darth Vader sees. Damn that was cool!

I can't wait to see it again frankly.
Old 05-20-05, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Some reference to Boba Fett. I don't know how many years it is between AOTC and ROTS, but it would've been nice to at least see him as a bounty hunter. I thought he would be in the third film after he was in AOTC and seeing his father get killed.
Old 05-20-05, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Some reference to Boba Fett. I don't know how many years it is between AOTC and ROTS, but it would've been nice to at least see him as a bounty hunter. I thought he would be in the third film after he was in AOTC and seeing his father get killed.
Three years between the films.

And I'd go in the opposite direction with this... Since there's really little/no payoff, I'd want less Boba Fett in Episode II.
Old 05-20-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
I wish in an alternate universe somewhere the entire planet of Naboo becomes the planet Alderaan. I Never understood why it was necessary to create the Naboo planet for the prequels, give it the same culture Alderaan has, and provide no backstory for Alderaan. As a result, its destruction in Episode IV carries very little emotional weight.
Old 05-20-05, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Let me preface this by saying I really liked the first 2 episodes, but after watching this one I really wish the first 2 had been written differently. If Lucas would have kept to the plan and made Anakin older, episode I and II would have addressed the things we wanted more of from Episode III. I just hope we get most of the deleted scenes on the DVD.
Old 05-20-05, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by bboisvert
Three years between the films.

And I'd go in the opposite direction with this... Since there's really little/no payoff, I'd want less Boba Fett in Episode II.
The payoff is that all the stormtroopers are clones of jango fett, including boba himself
Old 05-20-05, 10:52 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Padme naked

Probably a little bit of Grand Moff Tarkin would of been nice.
Old 05-20-05, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Posted elsewhere, but worth repeating here. Vader in the suit does not kick ANY jedi ass EVER. Watch IV again and see for the first time how pathetic Vader really is. He barely held his own against his rookie kid in Empire. Any halfway competent Jedi would have wiped the floor with him. Suited Vader is to be pitied, not to be feared. That is all.
Old 05-20-05, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
was he really trying against luke though? I don't think so

Anakin vs Dooku: Anakin should have said "your powers are weak old man"
Old 05-20-05, 06:40 PM

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,130 Posts
Originally Posted by Terrell
Well, I don't think I have to ask dogmatica's opinion on this film.
I liked it a lot, there's just some stuff I would have liked to have seen. I liked RotS a lot.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.