Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

That '70s Show --Season Finale-- 05/18/05

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-05, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
That '70s Show --Season Finale-- 05/18/05

"Short & Curlies; Til the Next Goodbye", Episode #724/725.

Spoiler:
As Eric prepares to leave for Africa, he and the guys get together in the basement one last time; when Jackie finds herself stranded in Point Place, she tries to avoid Hyde.

Cast: Topher Grace, Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher, Danny Masterson, Laura Prepon, Wilmer Valderrama, Debra Jo Rupp, Kurtwood Smith, Don Stark, Tommy Chong, Bret Harrison, David Jackson, Wayne Schmus.

Original Airdate: May 18, 2005.
Old 05-18-05, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought I make a thread about this show since both Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher are leaving the show.

I lost interest in this show the last few seasons but I'll watch it tonight for old time sake.
Old 05-18-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And now it looks like they got the nerdy neighbor kid from Grounded For Life to be on next season, I guess in Eric's spot. When they introduced the character last week, Red was talking about this guy like he was an old drinking buddy, and I was picturing a war hero that was a friend of Red's, but then this kid comes on. Red is hanging around with a barely 20 year old kid as a drinking buddy??? Did I get that right?

I will watch it next year, because I have watched all the episodes so far so why bail on the show in it's final year, but I fear it will be bad, as in the last season of Sabrina the Teenage Witch bad.
Old 05-18-05, 04:04 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by calhoun07
And now it looks like they got the nerdy neighbor kid from Grounded For Life to be on next season, I guess in Eric's spot. When they introduced the character last week, Red was talking about this guy like he was an old drinking buddy, and I was picturing a war hero that was a friend of Red's, but then this kid comes on. Red is hanging around with a barely 20 year old kid as a drinking buddy??? Did I get that right?
I think it was an old Navy buddy's kid.
Old 05-18-05, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I will watch it next year, because I have watched all the episodes so far so why bail on the show in it's final year, but I fear it will be bad, as in the last season of Sabrina the Teenage Witch bad.

I've heard talk of Eliza Dushku coming back for multiple guest appearances next season (as the character she played in the one ep this season). Since she isn't in any of the new shows coming out, sounds like there is a good chance of it happening.
Old 05-18-05, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No, the kid is the SON of his navy buddy.

Not that it matters, he's still a stupid character.

Last edited by Brain Stew; 05-18-05 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-18-05, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could they make "New Eric" anymore like "Old Eric"?

Wait,, that's the season finale??? Obviously, they intentionally left a cliffhanger, but if
Spoiler:
Ashton
is really leaving, wouldn;t they write him out in the finale... or will he appear on the 1st episode of the next season?

Last edited by j123vt_99; 05-18-05 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-18-05, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Could they make "New Eric" anymore like "Old Eric"?

Wait,, that's the season finale??? Obviously, they intentionally left a cliffhanger, but if
Spoiler:
Ashton
is really leaving, wouldn;t they write him out in the finale... or will he appear on the 1st episode of the next season?
Spoiler:
Unlike Topher Grace, Ashton Kutcher has agreed to appear on some episodes next season.
Old 05-18-05, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Spoiler:
Unlike Topher Grace, Ashton Kutcher has agreed to appear on some episodes next season.

oh.. wasn't aware of that... makes sense now.. thanks
Old 05-19-05, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
I thought this was the funniest episode this season. If the show now jumps the shark with Eric & Kelso leaving and Charlie joining the gang at least the show made a quality jump. The real test comes in the fall.
Old 05-19-05, 02:23 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Topher will be back for the series finale next year
Old 05-19-05, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll have admit. The scene with Red and Eric was great. Kind of reminds me of my father and me. Although he never said he'll put a foot in my ass.

Oh and the scene where they were caught in the circle and lined up in front of Kitty and Red...
Old 05-19-05, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kantonburg
I'll have admit. The scene with Red and Eric was great. Kind of reminds me of my father and me. Although he never said he'll put a foot in my ass.
That was indeed a great scene.
Old 05-19-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kantonburg

Oh and the scene where they were caught in the circle and lined up in front of Kitty and Red...
Yes, that was a great scene.

I liked the Star Wars plug

And one of my favorite line of the night had to be:
"Okay Jackie, if somebody is holding a gun to your head, say the word cream cheese."

BTW, I haven't watched this show in a few seasons but one of my favorite character used to be Fez. What happened to him? He's so unfunny now.
Old 05-30-05, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Fez moved from funny to freaky-annoying a while ago, I think. He's like this retarded man-child now.
Old 05-30-05, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They should do an episode in the final season where Fez's family comes to rescue him, or have the Feds sweep in on Point Place like that Elian Gonzales kid from Cuba and they take Fez away. I doubt satire like that would have a place on this series, but it would be kind of cool nonetheless.
Old 05-30-05, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sierra Disc
Fez moved from funny to freaky-annoying a while ago, I think. He's like this retarded man-child now.
Agreed. I went from watching every week, to semi-regularly once Fez started to annoy me. Then they turned Kitty into an alcoholic. Those jokes got old fast. I'm glad next season is the last, so it doesn't get quite as bad as Happy Days. The similarity is pretty amusing though. They need to get Ted McGinley next season.