Alias -- "the Descent/Search And Rescue" -- 05.18.2005

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-05, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"the Descent"

Spoiler:
After learning the awful truth about Nadia's childhood caregiver, Sophia (Sonia Braga), APO races to track her down while an agent's life hangs in the balance. Meanwhile Sydney and Nadia question Sloane's trustworthiness now that his obsession with Rambaldi may have been renewed, Jack has an unsettling meeting with Katya Derevko (Isabella Rossellini), and Vaughn asks Jack a surprising and momentous question.

"Search and Rescue"

Spoiler:
Upon discovering that Irina Derevko (Lena Olin) is alive, Sydney, Jack and Nadia set out to find her in order to thwart Elena Derevko's (Sonia Braga) deadly Rambaldi endgame. Meanwhile, Dixon's condition takes a turn for the worse.
Old 05-18-05, 10:53 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Aaaaaahhhh!!! I was making sure my Tivo was going to record everything, and accidently read the description for the finale...
Spoiler:
"Only Sydney, Jack, Irina, Vaughn and Nadia can save the world from Elena's plan."
Old 05-18-05, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I boldly predict:

Someone good is actually bad
Someone bad is actually good
Someone dead is actually alive
Someone alive is actually a clone
Old 05-18-05, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
You forgot:

Sydney will cry.

Dixon and/or Sydney will tell Sloane how disgusted they are w/ him and they don't trust him for one second...

Jack Bristow will make Jack Bauer look like a chicken-shit bastard.
Old 05-18-05, 12:49 PM

Is anyone else angry they wrapped up the Sloan Clone? That was by far the most interesting idea they've had since Sydney's lost years, and they just blew it. His interrogation scene last week opened up all kinds of story ideas (how do we know Sloan isn't the Sloan Clone?), and then they just dumped it.
Old 05-18-05, 04:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by B.A.
You forgot:

Sydney will cry.

Dixon and/or Sydney will tell Sloane how disgusted they are w/ him and they don't trust him for one second...

And sadly, even with all of that known before hand, I predict I (we) will still watch it .
Old 05-18-05, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been so disappointed in this season that I believe I'm going to sell the past three seasons that i own on dvd. Its just ruined the entire series. So dull and predictable.
Old 05-18-05, 09:18 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Isn't that the Wishmaster?
Old 05-18-05, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"Yes, you are on comms"
Old 05-18-05, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Love the comms line.

Like how they brought the Covenant back into things - they have hardly mentioned anything from last season - it was getting kind of annoying.

This show has definitely kicked ass lately.
Old 05-18-05, 11:35 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I enjoyed both episodes. The comms line and Marshall's face right after that were great.

Lena Olin is still a top flight MILF, her reaction when she realizes who Nadia is was great
Old 05-19-05, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
OUTRAGEOUS KICKA$$ EPISODE!! (or episodes)

Damn you Mr. Abrams! Just when I was about to give up, you reel me back in! Now I'm angry that ABC is moving this to Thursdays.

Angela Bassett, Isabella Rossellini, Sonia Braga, and Lena Olin - "Alias" can attract these great actresses and LOST can only muster an invisible "monster" and a cloud of black smoke?

-- Superb acting from the cast. Loved the glances/exchanges between Jack and Irina.

-- If only Elena shot pretty boy Vaughn and not Dixon. He is definitely the weakest link.

From the previews:

Spoiler:
It looks like Mia Maestro won't be back for Season 5

ALIAS is back!!

Last edited by skatefan20; 05-19-05 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-19-05, 02:19 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by skatefan20
From the previews:

Spoiler:
It looks like Mia Maestro won't be back for Season 5
Spoiler:
I read somewhere, can't think of it right now, she's signed on for 3 episodes next year, that might change now with JG's pregnancy
Old 05-19-05, 02:25 AM
Suspended

^Co-sign
Old 05-19-05, 04:26 PM

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally Posted by resinrats
"Yes, you are on comms"
Yeah, the "Oh are we on comms?", then Jack biting out "YES, you are on comms", that was hilarious! The exchange where Vaughn asked Jack the question was great too, as was the exhange where Jack came back to Vaughn and changed his answer.

Jack has such a gift for facial expression, there were countless times during this ep where you could see so much was going on behind his eyes... watching the eye-play between him and
Spoiler:
Irina
was priceless.

I didn't think the "reunion" between her and Nadia was that great, but I'm not a fan of Nadia anyways. To all the speculation that
Originally Posted by MrX
Spoiler:
I read somewhere, can't think of it right now, she's signed on for 3 episodes next year, that might change now with JG's pregnancy
, I say I HOPE so, I can only , she's my least fav character on this show, brings the soap opera more than the others IMO.

Overall, I think this was one of the better episodes... nice that they brought back in the Covenant, nice to see cast members brought back, nice to see the tie-in to previous seasons, nice to see the Rambaldi angle again. On the other hand, was rolling my eyes at the last scene, getting a little comic-book-sci-fi there...
Old 05-19-05, 04:35 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by shoppingbear
On the other hand, was rolling my eyes at the last scene, getting a little comic-book-sci-fi there...
Hehe, exactly what I was thinking. But I guess we had to expect something insane like that at some point, or all the Rimbaldi stuff would have been just talk.
Old 05-19-05, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Finally saw the episode and this series has been on a roll. They may have started out slow but the writers have managed to crank out some good ones lately. I like how we're seeing references to previous seasons with more Mueller device, Elena running the Covenant, and the helix experiment. The comms line was hilarious and of course Irina slugging Jack was pretty priceless.
Old 05-19-05, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Aaaaaahhhh!!! I was making sure my Tivo was going to record everything, and accidently read the description for the finale...
Spoiler:
"Only Sydney, Jack, Irina, Vaughn and Nadia can save the world from Elena's plan."
That's ok. They spoiled it for most everyone else when the opening credits rolled...
Old 05-19-05, 11:33 PM

Spoiler:
Prior to seeing this ep, I had read a few things - that Vaughn would propose, Vaughn would leave the show & Garner's pregnancy could be written into the show. I wouldn't like to see Vaughn leave Garner engaged & knocked up. I also wish that if Vaughn was leaving we could see some more dark Vaughn first.

I liked the part where they were going through their rooms & Sidney had all of the weapons. My sister & I were discussing the ep & were kind of surprised about a 2 hour show that wasn't a season finale.

Last edited by Emma311; 05-19-05 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-19-05, 11:36 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Emma311
My sister & I were discussing the ep & were kind of surprised about a 2 hour show that wasn't a season finale.
Alias and Lost were supposed to have 90 minute finales. ABC made Lost a 2 hour finale next week to compete with the American Idol finale so Alias became 2 hours this week.
Old 05-20-05, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I liked when they were asking Sydney why she needed all of those weapons at home, particularly the hidden drawer full of knives.
Old 05-20-05, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by B.A.
I liked when they were asking Sydney why she needed all of those weapons at home, particularly the hidden drawer full of knives.
That reminded of Lost when Locke has 3 or 4 hundred knives

Those were great episodes, but it sucks that it took so long for Alias to find its feet after that shitty beginning to the season.
Old 05-20-05, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sir_Fireboard
Those were great episodes, but it sucks that it took so long for Alias to find its feet after that shitty beginning to the season.
Actually, it makes me wonder if that was done on purpose? Bring in the new viewers with easy, self-contained storylines and then slowly work up to what Alias has been about for it's entire run?
Old 05-20-05, 09:11 AM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Actually, it makes me wonder if that was done on purpose? Bring in the new viewers with easy, self-contained storylines and then slowly work up to what Alias has been about for it's entire run?
Yeah...watching the episodes, which I sooooooooooooooo loved, I thought the same thing. I said that I felt there could be another "reboot" coming.

Which is fine by me, especially if we get another "red/black" type of moment......
Old 05-20-05, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Spoiler:
Does anyone think Jack is Nadia's father? I ask because of the scene when Jack was decribing Nadia's qualities to Irina and she says something like "I wonder where she got that from." At first I thought Irina was talking about herself but then there's a brief shot of Jack with a "I'm her....?" look on his face.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.