Search this Thread

Old 05-10-05, 02:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Veronica Mars *Season Finale* 5/10

"Leave It to Beaver"

Spoiler:
Veronica learns the identity of who murdered her best friend Lilly Kane.
Old 05-10-05, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am going with
Spoiler:
Duncan's new girlfriend, can't remember her name
Old 05-10-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since Veronica ended up having not even been raped, I'm going to say Lily committed suicide.
Old 05-10-05, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Since Veronica ended up having not even been raped, I'm going to say Lily committed suicide.
I had the same theory last week. While not completely plausible, it could have happened, or been an accidental death.
Old 05-10-05, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by NitroJMS
I had the same theory last week. While not completely plausible, it could have happened, or been an accidental death.
I was kidding. Lily was murdered. From what they've shown of her, it was only a matter of time and who got to it first.
Old 05-10-05, 07:50 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
My two pickes are
Spoiler:
Lianne Mars or Meg (Duncans GF)
. Guess we'll know in 1 hour...
Old 05-10-05, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Meatpants
I am going with
Spoiler:
Harry Hamlin, if for no other reason than he has no connection to the murder .

<------------ Genius
Old 05-10-05, 08:58 PM
Suspended

HOLY SHIT!

I 3rd guess was going to be the killer...but I thought it was too 'obvious'.

PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS FOR THE NEXT 2 HOURS! IT HASN'T BEEN SHOWN EVERYWHERE!

Also, decent cliffhanger I suppose. The two questions left are

Spoiler:
Lianne stole the $50k check...where is she going? And who was at the door? My bet; Logan.
Old 05-10-05, 09:09 PM

It's a real shame this timeslot is being taken over by Britney Spears next week, which will probably do triple Veronica Mars' ratings.
Old 05-10-05, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
HOLY SHIT!

Spoiler:
Lianne stole the $50k check...where is she going? And who was at the door? My bet; Logan.
Spoiler:
I bet the person door at the door was Deputy Leo

At least I hope so.

Last edited by auntiewinnie; 05-10-05 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-10-05, 10:25 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Pretty good finale.

I like how their were subtle clues throughout the season about who it was.

My guess of who's at the door
Spoiler:
Duncan

Last edited by MrX; 05-10-05 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-10-05, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That was an odd season finale. The start with the hand-held cameras with close-ups on Keith and Cheyanne at the newspaper guy's cubicle, and then the smart-n-savvy Veronica got really frazzled at the end.

The killer was telegraphed for a while, with last week being the big clue.

Veronica's mom is scum, ripping off not only her college education, but the $50K as well as she slithered out the door while her husband laid in bed after fighting for their daughter's life.

I will hold out for
Spoiler:
Deputy Leo as well
at the door, though it could be
Spoiler:
Weevil or Logan
, but neither would Veronica react as she did at the end. We'll see next season.
Old 05-10-05, 11:43 PM

Excellent ending. I never guessed who was the killer. But it all makes sense if I was just a bit more observant with the clues throughout the season.

Can't wait for next season and another season-long mystery!
Old 05-11-05, 01:27 AM
Suspended

Its aired.....no need for spoiler tags....

Now, at the door, I doubt it was Dep. Leo. He did just shoot a pilot, so theres a slim chance he'll be back next season.

Now, what about Logan? His mother is dead (Maybe Aaron really DID kill her?), and now his father is in jail...where will he stay? What about Trina?

Now, what about Jake Kane? He obviously covered up Lily's murder, paying Abel to take the fall. I'm not familiar with the law, but what can he be liable for/how long would he serve in jail?

It sucks, I really liked Aaron alot on the show...shame to see him go (or atleast not be a regular)
Old 05-11-05, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
So Abel thought it was duncan and tries to cover it up. gets charged with obstruction of justice.

My god, this show is just amazing. Loved it from the get go and this just shows that it was well crafted and didn't pull any cop outs at the end.
Old 05-11-05, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thought this ep was one of the better season ending eps I have seen in a long time.. More so when I was pretty sure it was going to be some cheesy "Ah ha I trap you on tape into saying..." or the classic move of the cops walking in from the other room..

so I was really happy to see that was not the case.. also no cheesy BS of a tiny girl kicking some guys ass.. All around a nice gritty realistic wrap up, well by tv standards at least. Even the dad took some knocks and was not a super hero sort of person when in most shows no one even gets a little bump.

of course I sort of wanted it to end with the dog going full on psycho and the camera just pulls back but even what happened next was a good twist..

Can't wait for next year, glad so many here kept saying over and over how one needed to catch this show other wise I never would have even given it a chance a few months ago.
Old 05-11-05, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
So Abel thought it was duncan and tries to cover it up. gets charged with obstruction of justice.
Jake Kane. Abel Koontz is the terminally ill guy already in prison.

I really am continually floored by this show, and that climax was incredibly tense. I don't think I've done the edge of the seat thing the way I did last night for a TV show in years and years.
Old 05-11-05, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was really disappointed in it. I thought that they made Hamlin into too much of a horror movie character, lurking in closets, hiding out in the back of cars, etc. Then to go through the trouble of putting Veronica in the fridge to find out where the tapes were? Hold a knife to her throat! Choke the bitch!

I loved Backup being in the car. I totally forgot about him being there.

As for who was at the door, I would guess that it is Weevil. And he has a problem. He just killed/maimed/hurt Logan, which sets up next years mystery. (It could be reversed with Logan showing up and Weevil dead/hurt/whatever.) I can't see her really being happy to see Logan now though, since his father did try to kill her.

Maybe Wallace is at the door. I hope it is Wallace.

So where does Veronica's love life go from here? She accused her last two boyfriends of murder, she dumped Deputy Leo. She knows that her true love, Duncan, isn't her brother now, so do they reunite? Now that Logan is cleared (and his father is arrested for murder), does she go back to him?

Lianne is scum. I hope we never see her again.
Old 05-11-05, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
UPN needs to make a concerted effort to show the entire first season in repeats before the second season starts. Advertise it. And put it in a different time slot.
Old 05-11-05, 08:24 AM

I don't really blame them for it, but they kind of copped out on all 3 of the big mysteries. Veronica wasn't raped (at least not in the way they implied), someone close to her did NOT kill Lily, and she's not Duncan's sister. Those were three pretty hardcore storylines for a regular TV show, and they kind of wimped out on the conclusions.

Still a great show though, I can't believe this was only its first season
Old 05-11-05, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Meatpants
I don't really blame them for it, but they kind of copped out on all 3 of the big mysteries. Veronica wasn't raped (at least not in the way they implied), someone close to her did NOT kill Lily, and she's not Duncan's sister. Those were three pretty hardcore storylines for a regular TV show, and they kind of wimped out on the conclusions.

Still a great show though, I can't believe this was only its first season
I wonder when the show's creators made the call on who the murderer was going to be. Do you think they would have done the "Mars vs Mars" ep (where the teacher was screwing the student) if it was already decided that the big mystery was going to play out as it did?
Old 05-11-05, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
They got me. I didn't even guess that Aaron Echolls was the killer. He wasn't even on my suspect list. I was disappointed that he was the killer since he was one of my favorite characters on the show. I was hoping that the killer was going to be one of the main characters than a supporting character. Did anyone watch American Idol and see Hamlin and his wife Lisa Rina. I was glad to see that backup saved the day. The one thing that really disappointed me with this show is that they copped out on who raped Veronica she wasn't really raped. I wonder if they were pressured by the network so the main character wouldn't be a rape victim. There are many many choices for who could be at the door Mac, Wallace, Deputy Leo, Logan, Meg or Weevil.
Old 05-11-05, 10:09 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by movieking
I was really disappointed in it. I thought that they made Hamlin into too much of a horror movie character, lurking in closets, hiding out in the back of cars, etc. Then to go through the trouble of putting Veronica in the fridge to find out where the tapes were? Hold a knife to her throat! Choke the bitch!

Theres reasons. When the cops raided the Echolls house looking for Logan the Sherrif said "Make sure to check the air ducts...kids hide stuff in there." Aaron then figured thats where Lily must have hidden the tapes. So he snuck up to her room at the party, and started to unscrew the vent. He then heard Veronica come up, and hid in the closet.

Veronica arrived and noticed it was slightly unscrewed. She continued to open. At that point, it would have been my guess that Aaron would have jumped out of the closet and kidnapped Veronica. If it wasn't for Duncan showing up, she would be a goner. So her and duncan goto his room to watch the tapes. Aaron already knows whats on them. So he sneaks into her car, knowing she will return and try to turn the tapes into the cops.

All in all, great episode. Alot of foreshadowing early on (Aaron cheating on his wife, beating the crap out of Logan and Trina's BF....can't beleive I missed it!)
Old 05-11-05, 10:22 AM

Yeah, I wonder how many people remembered that just a few weeks ago, they were kind of cheering for Harry Hamlin when he was beating the crap out of Willow's bf.
Old 05-11-05, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well he was defending his daughter, so of course that we are going to cheer for him.

I wonder if we'll be seeing Lisa Rinna again.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.