Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Keeping Vehicles in Mercenaries

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-05, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keeping Vehicles in Mercenaries

Is it possible to keep the helicopters and tanks and stuff that we hijack? even after a save? I recently hijacked a REALLY nice helicopter, but soon after I had to leave for classes, so I flew it to the alied mash, landed it on the helipad and saved my game. When I reloaded it, my heli was no where to be seen. Is there a certian place we can store stuff that will save them (Kinda like the garage in Grand Theft Auto)?
Old 04-29-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope, it's not Grand Theft Auto. You cannot keep ANY vehicles. You can BUY most of them though
Old 04-29-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well that's kind of dumb, if I spend $100K on a helicopter or something, I want to be able to keep it :\
Old 04-29-05, 02:01 PM

I found it pretty hard to have money problems, even when buying vehicles, air-strikes, etc. Also, there are several re-spawning helicopters on the maps you can go grab whenever you need one. Takes time, yes, but beats buying one every time.
Old 04-29-05, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
The only way I know that vehicles will stay in place -- albeit for a short time -- park your vehicle outside a HQ building, then when you come out of the building, the vehicle should stay parked in the nearby parking lot until you're finished with that current assigned mission.
Old 04-30-05, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Tuan Jim
The only way I know that vehicles will stay in place -- albeit for a short time -- park your vehicle outside a HQ building, then when you come out of the building, the vehicle should stay parked in the nearby parking lot until you're finished with that current assigned mission.
That's a nice way to do it because you can use it during that mission and they'll reset the stats on it so if it's almost dead or out of missiles, take a mission and you can have it back, all shiny again.
Old 04-30-05, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally Posted by gp98
That's a nice way to do it because you can use it during that mission and they'll reset the stats on it so if it's almost dead or out of missiles, take a mission and you can have it back, all shiny again.

Definitely. Save yourself some money. Leave your vehicle, accept mission, walk outside, cancel mission -- Tank/copter good as new.