Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Need Advice on Star Trek: Voyager

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-05, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Advice on Star Trek: Voyager

I received some DVDs from an ebay seller but they appear to me to be bootlegs. Even had someone from customs look at them and say they were bootlegs. I filled out the reports but now the site is asking me to get a third party to email me. I've been asked to provide third party retailers on whether or not this item is in fact a bootleg. I've been trying to contact Paramount, but they are hard to reach and I only have 9 days to find this information.

They are supposed to be regulard Star Trek: Voyager Season 5 DVDs. But instead of the regular box, the seller claims to have gotten these in
cardboard boxes with the DVDs in white sleeves & styrofoam. All I need is someone from a store to verify whether or not they've ever heard of this being sold in this manner. I thought they all came in the special packaging...or at least in something better than a sleeve.

Anyone have any idea who I might be able to get to email me confirmation? Sorry for the trouble and I've learned my lesson about buying off ebay. Thanks!

Shawn

Old 04-25-05, 09:35 PM

This set is a bootleg. Not a bad effort, but if you paid US Version price for this them you were taken. It has all the classic signs of boots, cardboardbox, stirofoam packaging, non matching discs (the US Versions are silver disc color), and a cheap disc holder. My X-Files boots came this exact same way.
Old 04-26-05, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm not a shopowner but I have all seven sets of Voyager and the ones that you ahve are undoubtedly bootlegged.
Old 04-26-05, 01:55 PM
Banned

I take it that this was your first VOY purchase? If so, then yeah, you got a bootleg. However, I bought ALL of my VOY sets over Ebay and got all legit US copies. Even got a bonus disc with the 7th season. I just made damn sure I was buying from a US location. The cheap auctions were almost always from Hong Kong.

The official R1 versions came in 6 or 7 plastic page cases with a clear flimsy two piece slipcover. Quite frankly, I wished the official package was was you picture above.
Old 04-26-05, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yep, bootlegged. If they'll accept a small business retailer like myself as a reference, toss me an e-mail at [email protected]
Old 04-26-05, 02:29 PM

Hold on....the guy told you that the box were remaid....so yes that is not the orignal box.

That said, those DVD's look legit. There are exactly like mine. And I have all Season's from Voyager....

*EDIT* My bad....these disc's are not legit.....after comparing them with mine, there are some minnor anamolies.....

Last edited by JetSter735180; 04-26-05 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-26-05, 02:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JetSter735180
That said, those DVD's look legit. There are exactly like mine. And I have all Season's from Voyager....

*EDIT* My bad....these disc's are not legit.....after comparing them with mine, there are some minnor anamolies.....
Yeah, considering that the official ones are silver and those look gold.
Old 04-26-05, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Definately a boot. I too had to look twice at those discs. they area A very good boot but a boot nonetheless.