Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Walt Disney World Exclusive dvds

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-05, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Walt Disney World Exclusive dvds

Picked up a few titles as the park last week. Where the magic lives Walt Disney World. and Epcot the Happiest Celebration on Earth. They also had an Animal Kingdom disc. Wondered if there are any other exclusive disc over the past few years.

I also noticed that Where the magic lives also had covers that listed it as The Magic Kingdom in big red letters and then where the magic lives. Anyhow all of these are region 0. I would assume that The other parks might have something like this as well. So help me out and list all the disc you know of.
Old 04-24-05, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Here's the few I know off the top of my head (in release order from oldest to newest):

Walt Disney World/The Walt Disney Story
WDW Christmas
Where Magic Lives
Where Magic Lives: Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Animal Kingdom
Old 04-24-05, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's a linky that I found for the WDW park DVD's

WDW Park DVD's

If you click on the links for currently available DVD's, you will find an e-mail address and direct (not toll-free) telephone number for disney mail order.

Hope someone finds this helpful.
Old 04-24-05, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

great to see you can mail order these, and five bucks cheaper than in the park
Old 04-24-05, 11:44 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you WATCH "Where the Magic Lives" yet?

I called for a refund within the first 10 minutes.
Old 04-25-05, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i watched it tonite...not the greatest thing i have ever seen....it had some good looks at the park though. I am just bummed that all the walt footage wasn't a special feature. i wish i had bought the magic kingdom disc now, as I assume it has more special features
Old 04-25-05, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron
i watched it tonite...not the greatest thing i have ever seen....it had some good looks at the park though. I am just bummed that all the walt footage wasn't a special feature. i wish i had bought the magic kingdom disc now, as I assume it has more special features
I'm sorry, I meant the "Where Magic Lives: Magic Kingdom" disc.

That's the one where the image in stretched vertically, like an old Steve Reeves HERCULES movies.
Old 04-25-05, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Are there any DVDs about Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom that include the extinct attractions like, the old Main St. shops, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Mickey Mouse Revue, If You Had Wings, Mission to Mars, etc. etc.?
Old 04-25-05, 01:37 PM

There are a ton of "homemade" DVD for those attractions. Nothing legit from Disney.
Old 04-25-05, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i keep hoping something like that will end up in the treasures line
Old 04-25-05, 06:22 PM

I've hated all the WDW DVDs that I bought [and then sold], they have such crappy production qualities. A lot of pixelization, they wouldn't pay for most original songs...I recomend the free DVD that you could order through their website. 100x better.
Old 04-25-05, 06:24 PM

Oh and you could get those extinct attractions dvds here: http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/ I haven't bought any yet, but they do have the participation from the guys who worked on the rides.
Old 04-25-05, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by kajs
Oh and you could get those extinct attractions dvds here: http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/ I haven't bought any yet, but they do have the participation from the guys who worked on the rides.
Holy Shit! My wallet SO did not need to see this site..
Old 04-25-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I wonder how good the video quality of the rides are on that website.

$21.95 a DVD is pretty steep though.
Old 04-25-05, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by kajs
Thank you! I will definitely be checking into those!
Old 04-26-05, 01:46 AM

Could someone get back after you have purchase item(s) from the extinct attractions website and tell us how they are?

I am thinking of getting the 1964 World's Fair dvds. I love those "future" speculation type of documentaries.
Old 07-26-05, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

did anyone get the extinct attractions dvd...wondering if you had any reviews
Old 07-26-05, 11:43 AM

I bought the 2 disc HAUNTED MANSION DVD. Very professional! If you're a fan of the ride, this DVD is a MUST OWN. Highly recommended.
Old 07-26-05, 04:20 PM
Cool New Member

Can anyone say how different these new DVD's are? We thought about picking them up on our trip a few weeks ago, but I figured it would be very similar to alot of the older videos we have. WDW videos are notorious for using the same footage over and over. We have the "Where Magic Lives" DVD for all 4 parks, but I didn't know if the new park specific discs were worth getting.

I would love for the Extinct Attractions Club to have a full disc featuring Alien Encounter, my all time favorite attraction.
Old 08-16-05, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts
Originally Posted by dxwwf3
I would love for the Extinct Attractions Club to have a full disc featuring Alien Encounter, my all time favorite attraction.
I wonder how that would be, given that most of the attraction is non-visual sensory input.

--

If people are still interested in the park DVD's, there's a 5 DVD Box Set called the "Walt Disney Parks and Resorts DVD Collection" exclusive to the parks now. It includes all the recent (2003/2004) Disney World discs: Magic Kingdom, Disney Studios, Animal Kingdom, Epcot. And a new Disneyland disc: Disneyland Resort Official Celebration Edition Commemorative DVD (for the 50th Anniversary)

You can find them for sale on eBay by searching for:
disney world dvd set
You shouldn't have to pay more than $105 for the set.
Old 08-16-05, 05:50 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Todd B.
I wonder how that would be, given that most of the attraction is non-visual sensory input.
Well for a full disc, I would think that there could be some interviews with Imagineers that worked on the attraction and they could go over the evolution of the attraction.

I, myself, have created an Alien Encounter tribute video that can be found:
[Download site removed. Unless you own, have paid for, or have other documented legal rights to distribute these, we have to assume that they are infringing on Disney's copyright. D-]

You can find alot of other good stuff there. Remember we only put up videos that are not up for sale, so everything is completely legal. Some people get all bent out of shape when they hear "torrent", but this one is different.

Last edited by Dead; 08-17-05 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-16-05, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by dxwwf3
You can find alot of other good stuff there. Remember we only put up videos that are not up for sale, so everything is completely legal. Some people get all bent out of shape when they hear "torrent", but this one is different.
They may not be up for sale, but are the copyrights in them owned by someone other than yourself? If so, it doesn't matter whether they are available for sale; their distribution is illegal.

DJ
Old 08-16-05, 06:18 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by djtoell
They may not be up for sale, but are the copyrights in them owned by someone other than yourself? If so, it doesn't matter whether they are available for sale; their distribution is illegal.

DJ
Well all I know is, those that started the site have talked to high ups at Disney World and we are clear.
Old 08-16-05, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
Wow that extinct attractions site is awesome. You know that is bad when they offer a monthly payment plan on sets of their DVDs.