Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What's on The Family Guy CD coming Out on 4/26

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-05, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

The subject title pretty much asks the question...

I heard there was a stage version of the show is that what this is?
Old 04-23-05, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
http://www.familyguyliveinvegas.com/

Normally, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but when TV's favorite dysfunctional cartoon family comes to Sin City, the results are too hilarious to keep quiet. Peter Griffin, wife Lois, kids Meg, Chris and baby Stewie and dog Brian will all be there when Geffen Records releases FAMILY GUY LIVE IN LAS VEGAS, a new CD of classic and original songs plus DVD bonus content. The package, which features the Griffin family along with guest stars like Jason Alexander, Patti LuPone, Haylie Duff and Adam West, arrives in stores April 26, while the perennially popular TV show returns to FOX with brand new episodes on Sunday, May 1st (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT).

"Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane, together with composer Walter Murphy, co-produced the CD as well as co-wrote several tracks. All of the actors from the show appear on the album, including Seth MacFarlane (Peter, Brian, Stewie, Quagmire and Tom Tucker), Alex Borstein (Lois), Mila Kunis (Meg), and Seth Green (Chris). As a bonus, also included is DVD content featuring a music video of "Stewie's Sexy Party," plus, a behind the scenes look at the making of the album and the video, as well as a trailer for the upcoming season of "Family Guy" and MacFarlane's new animated series "American Dad."

In liner notes included on the hilarious and irreverent booklet, MacFarlane describes the music as, "a blend of the rich, lush arrangements of the classic era of Rat Pack Vegas shows combined with the fart jokes of today." Original songs include the "Theme from 'Family Guy'," "Babysitting is a Bum Deal," "But Then I Met You," "Puberty's Gonna Get You," "But I'm Yours," "Quahog Holiday," "Dear Booze," which describes Brian's love of all things alcoholic and "All Cartoons are F**kin' Dicks," a subversive look at cartoon characters when the cameras are turned off. Covers include Jerome Kern's "The Last Time I Saw Paris" and a medley of theme songs from TV shows like "Diff'rent Strokes," "Who's The Boss," "Growing Pains," and "Charles in Charge," to name a few.
TRACKLISTING:
1. Fanfare & intro
2. Theme from "Family Guy"
3. Babysitting is a Bum Deal
4. Dear Booze
5. The "Q" Man Loves Nobody
6. All Cartoons are F**kin' Dicks
7. The Last Time I Saw Paris
8. But Then I Met You
9. T.V. Medley
10. Puberty's Gonna Get Me
11. But I'm Yours
12. Slightly Out of Tune (aka Desafinado)
13. One Boy
14. Quahog Holiday
15. Bonus DVD Content
Old 04-25-05, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This should be pretty funny I'm going to have to pick this up, I love the show.
Old 04-26-05, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I bought this today. Haven't watched the DVD, but listened to some of the CD - funny stuff.

I was kind of wary to get it, as I wasn't sure how much lasting appeal it would have. Is anyone pining to hear "Do the Bartman" (or the whole The Simpsons Sing the Blues album, for that matter)? In the end, though, my "Family Guy" fanaticism won out.
Old 06-13-05, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DJLinus
I bought this today. Haven't watched the DVD, but listened to some of the CD - funny stuff.

I was kind of wary to get it, as I wasn't sure how much lasting appeal it would have. Is anyone pining to hear "Do the Bartman" (or the whole The Simpsons Sing the Blues album, for that matter)? In the end, though, my "Family Guy" fanaticism won out.
so, seven weeks later, is it still funny? or did the novelty wear off?
Old 06-13-05, 03:11 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It only got a couple of listens from me, sadly. Only the TV medley and the opening song are worthwhile, IMO.
Old 06-13-05, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
It only got a couple of listens from me, sadly. Only the TV medley and the opening song are worthwhile, IMO.
Yeah, they played some of this on Adult Swim when advertising the CD. Sounded pretty pointless. The whole thing reminds me of "The Simpsons Sing the Blues".
Old 06-14-05, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
Novelty has done more than wore off, it's pretty much eroded and disappeared. Fun to show someone maybe once. Not worth the money, in my opinion.
Old 06-29-05, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
so, seven weeks later, is it still funny? or did the novelty wear off?
Sadly, the novelty has indeed worn off. But, unlike the aforementioned Simpsons disc, the music is actually pretty good on this one (if you dig Rat Pack-type stuff).

And the bonus DVD is a complete waste.