Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

XBox 360 (with PICS!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XBox 360 (with PICS!!!)

Got this off www.engadget.com, who got it off some other rumor site. Apparently several sources have confirmed that this is the real deal.

Old 04-22-05, 10:54 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty cool looking.

Only downside is it will probably be impossible to stack things on top of it due to the concave design.

Hopefully it's a little lighter than the current x-box, you can't stack anything on top of it due to it's shape either, and I was weary of putting it on top my DVD player or CD player as they're mostly plastic and kind of flimsy and the X-box is pretty heavy and solid.
Old 04-22-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts
Not sure if I believe it or not, but if it's real - why is there only 1 controller port?
Old 04-22-05, 11:06 PM

There isn't any controller port mate.
Old 04-22-05, 11:36 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Apparently its going to use Wireless controllers (finally!). It could be real, who knows.
Old 04-22-05, 11:37 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

There is a new pic on the site that shows what looks like a removeable 40gb hard drive on the left side of the console.
Old 04-22-05, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's a much less fake looking picture from a different angle

Old 04-23-05, 12:00 AM

The pick from this post seems to make more sense now. I like it, but then again I was gonna like it as long as they reduced the size from the original, that thing is a beast.

Quite honestly one of the main reasons I never bought xbox, basically I've been waiting for a re-release in a smaller package (a la ps2). Looks like I've been waiting for Xbox360 all along.
Old 04-23-05, 12:19 AM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SteveGo
The pick from this post seems to make more sense now. I like it, but then again I was gonna like it as long as they reduced the size from the original, that thing is a beast.

Quite honestly one of the main reasons I never bought xbox, basically I've been waiting for a re-release in a smaller package (a la ps2). Looks like I've been waiting for Xbox360 all along.
I've never understood why people are so concerned about the size of the Xbox, even to the point of not buying it because it is "too big." It is much smaller than my HT receiver and not much bigger than most of my other components. It is not like you're going to carry it along with you all day.
Old 04-23-05, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JM
I've never understood why people are so concerned about the size of the Xbox, even to the point of not buying it because it is "too big." It is much smaller than my HT receiver and not much bigger than most of my other components. It is not like you're going to carry it along with you all day.
I agree with you. People are welcome to do what they want but it's not like it's a portable system and need to compact. My buddy takes his XBOX everywhere he goes and I rarely here him bitch about the size and he's a real wuss at times.

I dislike the concave design but the color is great. I really hope this is the real deal or very close to it.
Old 04-23-05, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I agree with you. People are welcome to do what they want but it's not like it's a portable system and need to compact. My buddy takes his XBOX everywhere he goes and I rarely here him bitch about the size and he's a real wuss at times.

I dislike the concave design but the color is great. I really hope this is the real deal or very close to it.

Yeah, but next to the new PS2, it does look kinda chunky and unattractive. The point is that it can be made to look nicer (the new one is evidence of that), so why NOT make it look nice?
Old 04-23-05, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm going to have to rate that as a and a ! Come on first price drop!
Old 04-23-05, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 400 Likes on 300 Posts
Let me know when it's $200

Old 04-23-05, 02:44 AM

that thing is blingin, anything they release will be better than current gen systems they all look like crap imo. Gamecube , really is a cube. XBOX is......, ps2 looks kinda retro and bland. Hopefully they dont spend all the money making the inside of system and save some for appearance.
Old 04-23-05, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think that version of the Xbox 360 is pretty cool and the silver matte color is nice too.

On the face of the unit, there is an oval lining on the far right-hand side. What is this for?

Also, is the harddrive suppose to be an optional/add-on item? If so, I don't think that's such a great idea because you'll now have two different user bases. Those with and those without, thus making it less of a closed-system. Game developers won't be able to optimize their games because they know the larger user base will be those without the HD (for obvious reasons).
Old 04-23-05, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You can't expect it to be as small as the new ps2 for obvious reasons (I admit the slim line ps2 is pretty damn sweet).
Old 04-23-05, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Pretty cool looking.

Only downside is it will probably be impossible to stack things on top of it due to the concave design.

Hopefully it's a little lighter than the current x-box, you can't stack anything on top of it due to it's shape either, and I was weary of putting it on top my DVD player or CD player as they're mostly plastic and kind of flimsy and the X-box is pretty heavy and solid.
Yeah a big let down with it's stacking junk ablities...
Old 04-23-05, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Get Me Coffee
Damn I was looking forward to putting crap below and shit above it too.
Old 04-23-05, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

yeah, maybe they should make it really thin, black, drop the fan, and set it up so you can stand it on its side.... eh Josh?
Old 04-23-05, 06:08 AM

I just never had room for the original xbox, unless I wanted it to sit in the middle of my floor. It wasn't the only reason I didn't buy it, but it was enought to keep me waiting for a possible re-design. M$ never did that so I suppose I'll have to settle for the smaller next-gen version (with the release of the right titles of course)
Old 04-23-05, 07:17 AM
Banned

Talk about one butt-ugly console. You know what it reminds me of? When you look at really cheap MicroATX computer cases and they look like that - like an old 286 IBM. It looks like a desktop computer case!

Think of every electronics device you have. They have sharp edges and are well defined. This.. this just looks like a toy. I really hope this isn't the final version.
Old 04-23-05, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That pictures look kinda fake to me.

There are no controller ports?

I also see two memory card slots! why two?

Nice design but I don't think is the real thing.
Old 04-23-05, 08:50 AM
Retired

It's not a junk issue, it's just that all DVD players and cd players are pretty flimsy and mostly plastic these days.

Couple that with being a neat freak and caring a lot about what my HT looks like, console design is pretty important to me.

I prefer them to be small like the GC and PS2 as then they can go under the wooden doors below my TV and be completely out of site as consoles just never look as nice as regular HT componets as they just look too differenet and stick out.

The original X-box was too wide to fit in that compartment due to the support beam in the middle.

I realize most people don't care, but like I said I'm a neat freak. It's not an MS related gripe, I'll be pissed if the Revolution and/or PS2 are too wide and don't look and stack like the other stuff in a home theater compenent rack.
Old 04-23-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Originally Posted by kar10
I also see two memory card slots! why two?
You're not serious are you? OK, like the PS2 and the Playstation, it has two card slots partially because it gives you access to twice the storage of one slot, but mainly so information can be transferred and copied from one card to the other.

If it really is wireless ports only, I'm very curious how Live will work. Currently there are two wireless bluetooth Live communicator solutions (Logitech and Hip Gear) and neither work well at all. Do you think they're just making do with this substandard technology, have significantly improved it, are trying to phase out voice chat or have a wired solution that we're just not seeing?
Old 04-23-05, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by joshd2012
Think of every electronics device you have. They have sharp edges and are well defined. This.. this just looks like a toy.
It is a toy. Video game consoles are not computers.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.