Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Ratings of Philips TVs

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Ratings of Philips TVs

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-05, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ratings of Philips TVs

I'm thinking of buying a Philips TV, anyone care to blast or praise them?
Old 04-13-05, 05:42 PM

I have got 2 (older now) 27inch models here in my house and i love them. Got them about 2 years ago and have worked great for me for this time. Has component , svideo , composite inputs and monitor outs that work well in my current situtation. Replacing one of them this week to a HDtv model i think too. I will give the thumbs up.
Old 04-13-05, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've got a 27 inch that sits on my desk I've had for a year and have nothing but praise for it. Lots of inputs and a super picture on DVD. I wasn't willing to buy one of the HD sets when I bought mine last fall but I have no qualms about praising and buying their tube TVs. If theres anything I'd tell the buyer going in, it would be to be patient about tweaking the picture settings- took me awhile to get mine the way I wanted it for most material.
Old 04-14-05, 01:12 AM

Pixel Plus model is good. I got the first model for almost a year and it gives no problem. I saw recently the Pixel Plus 2 models and they're even better.
Old 04-15-05, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How would you folks rank the makers 30" range (27" to 34") Widescreen Tube HDTVs?

(Sony, Samsung, Philips, Toshiba, Panasonic ....)

How many companies are actually making these?

I'm thinking about a Tube HDTV for my bedroom or a low end Plasma since I don't need a huge picture with the TV pretty close to the bad.
Old 04-15-05, 03:06 PM

I'd be curious, too, to know what people thought of the 27" widescreen Samsung. I've been eyeing it for awhile now at Target.
Old 04-15-05, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Any good review sites anyone can suggest for one shopping for TVs?

Like:
steves-digicams.com for cameras
camcorderinfo.com for camcorders

I like AVS for the forums but they don't have detailed reviews like these sites I've mentioned.
Old 04-17-05, 11:57 AM

Yea , i have been shopping for a new tv also at work and it looks like i am going with the 34in WS sony 34hs420. Has a pretty clean picture in store, service menu available to tweak and fix the little bit of red push it has. If i can get it into my car tomorrow and get it all setup i will give a little review in the future.
Old 04-19-05, 06:57 PM

I've had my Phillips 30" HDTV Widescreen for about a year and I am very happy with it. I was looking at the Samsungs (price consideration) but the bad reviews it received threw me off. Granted you can't judge till you try but some small bugs kept coming up in the owners reviewslike doesn't remember the last input you used and defaults to regular channels. It also didn't have a DVI input so I went with the Philips. Again, I have been totally satisfied with it so far.