Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Mega Team Battle=Black Hawk Down

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Mega Team Battle=Black Hawk Down

While I've prasied the Unreal Championship 2 game and even said Close Combat:First To Fight seems a solid choice I can't ignore the fact that Black Hawk Down might be the ultimate in online "Big Team Battle". There's always the 8-16 player battles and there's going to be probably better graphics and even play. But there's not anything like a ...(56) player battle.

In the latest issue of OXM members of the staff played (4) of these and were basically lag free. There's (7) online game types to choose from. You also have the choice of (4) different soldier types to play. From the link below you have four movies, several screen shots and a four page preview. Just the thought of (56) online players at once!!

http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox/926/D...Down/#previews

Kenny J.
Old 04-12-05, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that was cool. but I think from viewing the movies there is work to be done about the graphics. The look decent but not great.

It does look like it's going to be fun LIVE
Old 04-12-05, 09:25 AM
RVP

I am planing to pick this up when it comes out. 50+ team matches are going to be awsome. It will probably be the closest thing the xbox has to matches like in Battlefield 1942, outside of SW Battlefront.
Old 04-12-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, seems promising....not sure how 50 players will hold up. I still wonder about LAG issues, but it could be fun. Although Halo 2 is fun with 4vs4....so, more is not necessarily better.
Old 04-13-05, 09:40 PM

from novalogic's history, i think they will provide the 50 player servers as they have don this with BHD and JO FOR THE PC. The graphice wont be great because i think they want the play to be faster.