Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Veronica Mars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Veronica Mars?

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything, but I was wondering if anyone knows if now that UPN has orderd another season of "veronica mars" if there are any plans to release the first season of DVD? Thanks!
Old 04-11-05, 02:45 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Nope, not yet. Hopefully soon....
Old 04-11-05, 03:21 AM

oops, nevermind

Last edited by Andie; 04-11-05 at 03:26 AM.
Old 04-11-05, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Warner Bros. Television is the production company behind it. If anything, I would take the example of another Warner Bros. Television Produced series, The O.C. in that Veronica Mars will most likely show up on DVD close to around the time that the second season starts up. give or take a months time before.

That would be my guess.
Old 04-11-05, 05:20 AM

HTF had a chat with WB execs recently.
[DaveSpencer] Hi, Thanks for this opportunity. Is there any more info on the release of "Over The Edge"? I've been hearing about it for quite sometime and thought it had been scheduled for 2004- can we look forward to it this year? Also (I think its a Warner property) any info on a Veronica Mars S1 release? (hoping for 16:9).

[WarnerHomeVideo] OVER THE EDGE is due this year with director commentary. No plans for VERONICA yet.
Old 04-11-05, 08:19 AM

I heard about that chat, but I think that maybe now that it's been renewed, they'll put out the DVD so new viewers can catch up before Season 2 starts.
Old 04-11-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Fingers crossed. What a GREAT show! Even better on HDTV. So I'll be first in line if it's released on DVD. If for whatever reason UPN doesn't renew this show, I hope one of the other networks is smart enough to pick it up.
Old 04-11-05, 02:09 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
UPN confirmed a season 2 of this show, so I'm pretty confident we'll see season 1 on DVD eventually.
Old 04-11-05, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Geofferson
UPN confirmed a season 2 of this show, so I'm pretty confident we'll see season 1 on DVD eventually.
Fantastic!!! Just curious, where did you hear about this? I've been keeping a close watch and haven't seen anything about it yet.
Old 04-11-05, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Whoops. Nevermind, just found it (http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...=20050411upn01). Geofferson, you made my day!
Old 04-11-05, 06:05 PM

Ya, I read the HTF chat about Veronica Mars, but I figured with UPN announcing the second season (which I actually wasn't expecting to happen, but got pleasantly surprised when it did) that Warner Brothers would want to get the dvd out in time for season two (like with the OC) or atleast by the middle of the second season (like One tree hill).

I hope that Warner Brothers releases this in a good set like "one tree hill" or "smallville." Although the "OC Season 1" discs where nice there wasn't that good of a selection of special features...

And regards to the season 2 renew, it has been posted on such websites as: Buffy.nu, tvtome, imdb, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kristin from the Eonline TV Gossip section isn't all crazy when she posts todays chat transcripts around 7 or 9 pm pst....
Old 04-11-05, 06:05 PM

Ya, I read the HTF chat about Veronica Mars, but I figured with UPN announcing the second season (which I actually wasn't expecting to happen, but got pleasantly surprised when it did) that Warner Brothers would want to get the dvd out in time for season two (like with the OC) or atleast by the middle of the second season (like One tree hill).

I hope that Warner Brothers releases this in a good set like "one tree hill" or "smallville." Although the "OC Season 1" discs where nice there wasn't that good of a selection of special features...

And regards to the season 2 renew, it has been posted on such websites as: Buffy.nu, tvtome, imdb, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kristin from the Eonline TV Gossip section isn't all crazy when she posts todays chat transcripts around 7 or 9 pm pst....

Out of curiosity what episode would you like to most see a commentary on for the first season?