Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Woodsman

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-05, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Woodsman

I watched this last night. This is a film about a child molestor who has done his time in prison and is trying to combat his feelings for female minors. So that we don't sympaphise or judge Bacon's character, we aren't given any details about his past apart from
Spoiler:
him smelling his sister's hair when he was 6 and that he lived in a small house
, and we aren't given any details about his offence(s) or his treatment in prison.

Spoiler:

I believe that the black, plant-loving, table knowing policeman was all in Bacon's head, as was Robin in the park, and the paedophile outside his window.They were all there just to show that it will be a long, slow battle to change his sexual preference.

If these all turned out to be actuality, then the film would definitely be a lot worse off; as it shows 3 of the 4 people Bacon is having contact with (Robin, the bloke outside his window, and his brother-in-law) are all suffering from child molestation of some kind. This would be stupid, and too coincidental.

Overall, a great 'watch once' film, that never out stays its welcome at 87mins.

The DVD transfer is okay, if not a little too soft or grainy in places. The DTS track is good, but not much different to the DD5.1 offering. It is strange why Sony even put the DTS audio on there - I guess there is no mass market for a future re-release ala Hellboy or the like.