Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

cowboy bebop 5.1 box set?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-05, 04:50 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cowboy bebop 5.1 box set?

i read somewhere about this box set coming sometime this year, i was just wondering if anyone had more info on this box set
Old 04-05-05, 05:06 AM

Bandai is releasing it individually first. No word on if they'll release a box set afterwords but most likely.
Old 04-05-05, 05:15 AM

Now that would suck because I FINALLY just bought the last volume I needed. And I'm pretty good at keeping track of double dips.

I guess the only way I'll upgrade is if the 5.1 remaster is phenominal and the DVD's have good extras.
Old 04-05-05, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, no box set until each volume is out separately. And Bandai ususally puts series' discs out every two months. On the AoD forum, I believe it was mentioned that Vol. 6 (the last volume) will come with an artbox, instead of Vol. 1.

There's supposed to be a video upgrade as well, and that could get me to double-dip, but I'd need to see before-and-afters first.
Old 04-05-05, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

To be specific:

"Cowboy Bebop REMIX will feature a completely remixed and remastered Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS surround sound and remastered video under the direction/supervision of Shinichiro Watanabe. REMIX will include new extras such as interviews with the US voice actors and actresses, collections of trailers, promos, the Session 0 extras (Japanese Interviews witht he staff and cast, story digest of the second half of the series, Tank music videos) and more."
Old 04-05-05, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Cowboy Bebop is something i would double dip for without even thinking twice about it.
Old 04-05-05, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
To be specific:

"Cowboy Bebop REMIX will feature a completely remixed and remastered Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS surround sound and remastered video under the direction/supervision of Shinichiro Watanabe. REMIX will include new extras such as interviews with the US voice actors and actresses, collections of trailers, promos, the Session 0 extras (Japanese Interviews witht he staff and cast, story digest of the second half of the series, Tank music videos) and more."
The 5.1 re-release does not contain a DTS track.

I spent an absurd amount on the R2 set last year so no triple dipping for me.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...539519-5959531
Old 04-05-05, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Telling how Bandai has handled complete series after it intially releases a series, It wouldn't surprise me if they put it out in a brick at the end of it.
Old 04-05-05, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ollin,

I went back to that massive thread on AoD about REMIX, and I apparently missed Jerry's update near the end where he said that there actually would be no DTS. Oh well. More room for video, then!