Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Land of the Lost (last) Season 3 coming on April 26, 2005!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-05, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,080 Likes on 655 Posts

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3133

13 episodes spread across 2 discs.

Here's the cover art: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3211

So, anyone interested? I have not seen anyone even mention it here yet so i decided to go ahead & post. I have the first two seasons and will happily buy the last one, even though I don't remember much about this season.

I do know that Marshall is gone and Uncle Jack joins them but have very few memories of this season. It never seemed to get repeats very often either.

It appears the extras will be thin on this season but I am glad to get it just the same.

So...anyone?
Old 04-04-05, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The third season is pretty bad compared to the first two. Chaka now speaks english, Enik now acts like Mr. Spock, and the stories get more and more rediculous. That being said, it's still Land Of the Lost and for completeness' sake it's worth picking this set up. There are some interesting new dinosaurs, sets, etc. in this season, but this season is often viewed as the one that killed the show.
Old 04-04-05, 03:48 PM
mxv

I still think that the dad leaving their kids in the Land of the Lost makes him a pretty bad parent. And how did he dupe his Uncle to go there to take care of his kids?

I remember watching this when I was a kid and wondering why if the dad could get out, he couldn't take the kids with too.

I'll buy it just for the sake of completion. Any word on the price since it is only two discs?
Old 04-04-05, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Rick Marshall got sucked through a time portal inside a pylon...he didn't leave intentionally. (Well, Spencer Milligan may have left intentionally! )

The third season is pretty bad in comparison to the previous two. Season One is still the best - mainly becasue of all the sci-fi writers that contributed to the show.
Old 04-04-05, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of course I'll buy it.
Old 04-04-05, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mxv
I'll buy it just for the sake of completion. Any word on the price since it is only two discs?
MSRP is reported to be $29.99 though hopefully it will be a lot cheaper than that come release day.
Old 04-05-05, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
from dvd bliss

Land Of The Lost: Season 3
Retail Price: $29.95
Release Date: (4/26/2005)
Studio: Rhino
Disk Count: 2

A devastating earthquake has shattered more than the crystal matrix table! Rick Marshall has been torn away from his children...Chak-Ka faces life without his elders...High Bluff-the family cave!-lies buried beneath tons of debris...Yes, nothing will ever be the same for Will and Holly. The expedition just got a whole lot less routine! Relive the fortuitous arrival of Uncle Jack.

Pitch in and construct a new base camp among ancient temple ruins. But you had better hurry! Never before has the surrounding world been quite so deadly! Dangers and more await rediscovery as you once again lose yourself in the unending struggle to escape the Land of the Lost.
Old 05-02-05, 03:00 PM

Land of The Lost was one of my favorite shows back in the day. I haven't watched any of the episodes in years, and I have an unusual question about season 3. Maybe someone here knows the answer.

During the first two seasons, there were clearly two different models used for close-ups of both Grumpy and Alice roaring. But in season 3, it always bugged me that the "Alice" model was used for both dinosaur close-ups! Has anyone else noticed this? Or is my memory somewhere in the Lost City?!
Old 05-02-05, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just got an email stating my set of Season 3 was just shipped from DDD so once I have a chance to watch them, I will look for it.