Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Pretender Rebate Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-05, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Pretender Rebate Problem

I brought the Pretender season 1 and starter set to get the rebate. I have my receipt. But my problem is that the card asks for proof of purcuse tab which I can't find and am not cutting the upc off the box. Anyone with the set seen it? The only insert in the box was a fox tv dvd thing.
Old 04-03-05, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the proof-of-purchase tab and the UPC code are one and the same. I've cut many UPC codes out of computer software boxes for rebates, but I would never remove one from a DVD case. Why one and not the other? Guess the DVD case feels more like a display item than computer software.

When CSI: Miami - The Complete Second Season was released on DVD, it came with a special offer that you could use to also buy the first season at a discount. But you had to cut the UPC code out of the second season box to take advantage of it. (Well, I think you also had to buy them both on the same receipt. Best Buy had one but not the other at the time.) No deal.

--THX