Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Connecting the X1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-05, 09:47 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connecting the X1?

I had put these in kvrdave's "Man Room" thread, but decided to get the input from other X1 owners too.

1) how did you mount your projector

2) what type of video inputs are you using for TV/DVD/etc?

3) I've hooked up my computer to a TV before and found that the picture never looked as good as it did on my computer's monitor (the colors seem washed out/uneven). Is this not a problem with the X1, or did you have to get a high-end video card to get a good image from the PC?
Old 03-25-05, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Ah, the X1. A good and cheap choice. I answered in the other thread, but basically, this projector was made mainly as a computer projector and has found its way into the HT realm. It will look fine.
Old 03-25-05, 10:24 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by kvrdave
Ah, the X1. A good and cheap choice. I answered in the other thread, but basically, this projector was made mainly as a computer projector and has found its way into the HT realm. It will look fine.

---------

My video card is a 128MB PCI Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X300 SE, so while it is no slouch, it isn't the greatest thing in the world, either. I think it just comes down to resolution and pixel size, which your TV is probably pretty poor on, and your projector will be fantastic with.
You aren't using the DVI output for the projector, right?
Old 03-25-05, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Nope, it sits there lonely. I just use a regular vga monitor cable.
Old 03-25-05, 10:53 PM
Mod Emeritus

Does anyone know if there are there any inexpensive universal remotes that support the X1? It doesn't appear that my old All for One Cinema 7 supports it.
Old 03-26-05, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk God

I was looking for that as well. Everyone seems to say the MX-500 is the way to go. The problem I have is that macros wouldn't work because I turn on the receiver, etc. with the remote pointed toward the screen, and the projector with the remote pointed behind me over my head.
Old 03-26-05, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use my X-1 with component to the VGA with the adapter for dvds, and some things (video games) still with S-video.
Old 03-29-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts
You can see some photos of a home made mount for my X-1 at this thread,

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409982

Note that I used 1/2" plumbers parts and a piece of plexiglass all available at HD for less then $15.00. It is height adjustable based on the size of "nipple" (pipe) you use between two floor flanges. Basically is goes like this,

piece of plexiglass attaches to X-1
floor flange attaches to plexiglass
nipple (pipe) screws to floor flange attached to plexiglass
entire assembly screws onto floor flange attached to floor flange that was attached to ceiling (preferably into ceiling joists)

I found this at another site and it works great I used similar (w/o plexiglass) to mount my CC speaker. Just be careful with the screws for X-1 to plexiglass. You do not want to overtighten as you can damage the projector (see the owners manual). It is strong, secure, adjustable and cheap.

edit: oops, I see you posted in the thread I refered you to, so you know about it. Anyway above is a little more details if you need it or if you want another photo of the just the mount let me know.

Last edited by Sdallnct; 03-29-05 at 09:36 PM.