Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Trade in old games for new games

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-05, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trade in old games for new games

Does anyone know of any good trade in deals? I have a bunch of greatest hits games I'd like to trade in towards PSP games. I know gamestop is giving you $10 on top of every 3 you trade in. Are there any other deals out there now?
Old 03-24-05, 04:23 PM

EB Games has something going on where you trade in 3 XBox, PS2 or GC games and get a PSP game. There are exclusions to the games you can trade in here . The PSP games I see are:

Ape Escape
Wipeout
Twisted Metal
MLB
NBA
Gretzky Hockey
World Tour Soccer
ATV something or other
Old 03-24-05, 05:58 PM

Most stores do not take Greatest Hits games. If they do don't expect much for them.
Old 03-24-05, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,552 Posts
Gamerush (blockbuster) has a deal where you trade in two games, and in addition to whatever credit you get from them, you can preorder a new game for 35 bucks. So at the very least, you technically get 15 dollars of credit for two games. Not bad for worthless games, and the only exclusions are sports or wrestling games more than two years old.

Of course, a lot of new games are 37-40 on release day sales, but you won't know that until they're released (I preordered the new Timesplitters this way last month, and this week Fry's has it on sale for 37...)
Old 03-24-05, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I would try gamerush, they typically give the most trade-in credit, plus promotions they run like trade in 3 get an extra 5 bucks per game, or trade in 2 get a preorder for $30 plus your trade in credit.
Old 03-24-05, 07:00 PM

Game Rush's promotion is actually 'Trade in 2 Xbox, PS2, or Game Cube games, knock a new game/preorder to $29.99'. Reducing it to $35 was the deal that expired a few weeks ago.

And you can often combine it (depends on the employee, though) with their 'Trade in 3, get an extra $5 each'.

EB has the 'Trade in 3 Xbox, PS2, or GC games, get a free first-party launch PSP title'. There's a thread in the cheapassgamer forum's that has their exclusion list, so if you're interested in this deal, you may as well sign up there to be able to see it. You can always cancel the preorder/exchange the game for another (Ridge Racer or Lumines, for example).

If you print out the list, you can hit a Game Rush or Gamestop, both of which are having a 'Buy 2 used games, get 1 free', should you not actually have any games you want to part with currently. It should be relatively easy to buy three games not excluded at eb for under $20 total.
Old 03-24-05, 07:20 PM

I just got back from my EB and I was able to trade in 4 old games for $10 each. It was some promotion because the ones that weren't accepted had a POX on the screen. They didn't take any of my greatest hits or sports games though. I just brought those to gamestop. They give you an extra $10 for every 3 games to trade in.
Old 03-26-05, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Since it's a Gamerush (associated with Blockbuster), a highly doubt it...but does anyone know if they sell PC games?
Old 03-26-05, 08:58 AM

They do not.
Old 03-26-05, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GameRush is great....as for combing the deals, it's a YMMV since I was able to do it once, but the next time I was not....still good to get a game cheaper than retail though.....especially since I have credit saved up there.
Old 03-27-05, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by mr.snowmizer
They do not.
Thanks.