Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

A Question about A Clockwork Orange Classic Collections Edition

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-05, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Question about A Clockwork Orange Classic Collections Edition

My father just purchased the Classic Collections edition of A Clockwork Orange from Suncoast for me. The DVD set is listed on various sites as having the remastered movie, cd soundtrack, collectible senitype and mini-theatrical poster. However, this set did not have the cd soundtrack listed on the back of the package. It included a CDA Entertainment disc with games and other junk on it. The set also did not include the other extras even though they were listed on the back of the package. I contacted Suncoast and they assured me this was not a used DVD and that I could return it for a refund. I sent an email to CDA Entertainment, but haven't received a response yet.

Do ya'll think this was just a fluke or did they stop making this set with the cd soundtrack and other extras?
Old 03-21-05, 02:29 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you've got a fluke there, my friend.
Old 03-21-05, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Mini-poster didn't come with mine. But everything else did.
Old 03-21-05, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm probably going to return it to Suncoast and order one online. It's a shame because Suncoast was cheaper than I've seen it online.
Old 03-21-05, 07:30 PM

I'm in the same boat my friend,I think I only paid 29.99. For the poster you have to goto their website and fill out a form. That's exactly what I did only to find out all they were offering was a 2001 poster. Last time I ever buy anything from this "Classics Collection."

It seems this is the one you wanted but expect to pay much more for the soundtrack:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

Luckily I have both soundtracks on vinyl I found for .99 each. Poster would have been nice though.
Old 03-21-05, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have the same release as you...when they dropped the msrp from 59.99 to 29.99 they put in the cd-rom...no soundtrack. They also did this with full metal jacket, but not 2001. The full metal jacket disc has the same cd-rom.

they changed distribution and this re-released at the end of last year....it's an upgrade from the snapper.

Last edited by Cameron; 03-21-05 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-22-05, 12:29 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
what is on the cd rom as I never played it?
Old 03-22-05, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

from what i saw of it, it is just a link to their web page where you can sign up for your free poster...and look at some the other titles they released
Old 04-03-05, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

so are they worth getting?

They are $50+ everywhere!

I just want to get Full Metal Jacket but I don't even know if the 2 disc has the new transfer and audio.

Perhaps I should just get the new re-release that would cost me about $10
Old 04-03-05, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

it is the exact same disc as the stanley kubrick collection...just an upgrade from the snapper, and a film cell...cd rom as well.
Old 04-04-05, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cameron
i have the same release as you...when they dropped the msrp from 59.99 to 29.99 they put in the cd-rom...no soundtrack. They also did this with full metal jacket, but not 2001. The full metal jacket disc has the same cd-rom.

they changed distribution and this re-released at the end of last year....it's an upgrade from the snapper.
So if I get this from DeepDiscountDVD, will it be the same thing? It is advertised as having the soundtrack, but not the poster. I would hate to order this and have to return it again.