Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

incredibles bootleg DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-05, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
incredibles bootleg DVD?

i ordered this dvd online and must have forgotten about it because i got two of them today from two different places, one of them is a 2 disc with a slipcover, the other is a 1 disc with dts?? i cant find any info on this, and id guess it would be a bootleg, but it's done so well i have no idea. it's shrinkwrapped, has isbn and barcode numbers, and the entire cover hasa bunch of moving holograms over the picture. it says it's region 1 and for sale in the usa only, and widescreen. anyone have any info on this?
Old 03-18-05, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Sounds like you ordered from eBay... which I don't understand as to why since you can get it for $14-15 new on release day.

Pixar doesn't do DTS for their R1 releases. It's a boot. Burn it.
Old 03-18-05, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where did you order this 1-discer from? Can you show us with a scan? It does sound shady. It has qualities of a Korean DVD.
Old 03-18-05, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Ordered it online as in a legitmate store, or eBay?
The real Incredibles release doesn't have a DTS track.
Most Asian boots do though.
Old 03-18-05, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
I doubt this auction has an actual scan, but it looks like this guy is selling the boots:

Mod note: Please don't post links to auctions, esp if they are [suspected] bootlegs

DVD9 multi-region sent in a plastic sleeve instead of a case? RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

Last edited by nemein; 03-19-05 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-18-05, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yea it's a boot, but man the cover's better than the real one. it was ebay, i think i had a bunch of paypal sitting in an account, and it was $14 shipped, so i said what the hell. the guy had almost 10,000 + feedbacks selling DVDs, everyone was praising him too, which is why i figured i was ordering a legit copy. With all the holograms (can't tell in the pic) and stuff, i would have thought it was real and opened it if i didnt happen to get my other legit copy in from another store at the same time. i took a pic if anyone cares.
http://www.norcalchrissy.com/P1010141.JPG
Old 03-18-05, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVDKrayzie
... i took a pic if anyone cares.
http://www.norcalchrissy.com/P1010141.JPG
...but... but... but... it's all fuzzy 'n all...

. . . . . .
Old 03-18-05, 03:25 PM
Banned

Jeez, is it that hard to take a clear picture of something? Take your camera off "Macro" setting, or use it depending on what you were trying to do.

Anyway, here's a exerpt from the Ebay auction:
Please note-our DVDs are supplied in plastic protective sleeves-not in cases. The artwork is also supplied. This is in order to maintain low costs and enable you to receive the goods at discounted rates which we are able to pass on through our cost-cutting strategies.. Blank DVD cases are available through other retailers on ebay.
Gee, let's see, they provide the DVD in a plastic sleeve and provide the artwork, but they don't provide the keepcase because they want to save costs? They can't spring for a $.60 keepcase, but they can presumably print the artwork? I smell total bullshit.

Last edited by Mike Lowrey; 03-18-05 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-18-05, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
Jeez, is it that hard to take a clear picture of something? Take your camera off "Macro" setting, or use it depending on what you were trying to do.

Anyway, here's a exerpt from the Ebay auction:

Gee, let's see, they provide the DVD in a plastic sleeve and provide the artwork, but they don't provide the keepcase because they want to save costs? They can't spring for a $.60 keepcase, but they can presumably print the artwork? I smell total bullshit.
actually it was fuzzy when i didnt use the flash, when i used the flash the hologram just made like 100 flashes so you couldnt see anything, and i was just trying to take a quick pic, sorry it isnt up to your standards, but you get the idea. and thats NOT the auction i bid on, as you CAN see from the pic it IS in a shrinkwrapped keepcase.
Old 03-18-05, 04:48 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The price is pretty good for a brand new one in the stores, sorry to see that you were sold a bootleg.
Old 03-18-05, 05:31 PM

i ordered this dvd online and must have forgotten about it because i got two of them today from two different places, one of them is a 2 disc with a slipcover, the other is a 1 disc with dts?? i cant find any info on this, and id guess it would be a bootleg, but it's done so well i have no idea. it's shrinkwrapped, has isbn and barcode numbers, and the entire cover hasa bunch of moving holograms over the picture. it says it's region 1 and for sale in the usa only, and widescreen. anyone have any info on this?

Make sure you ask for a refund or at least leave very negitive feedback for the seller. I actually have contacted Pixar a few times about the bootlegs of the Incredibles that were on ebay and a few days later those auctions were shut down.
Old 03-18-05, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JustInsane
Make sure you ask for a refund or at least leave very negitive feedback for the seller. I actually have contacted Pixar a few times about the bootlegs of the Incredibles that were on ebay and a few days later those auctions were shut down.
i am, but i bet he'll leave bad feedback for me too, and this guy has 99.9% positive feedback on over 9000 transactions, i cant believe no one has complained before
Old 03-18-05, 05:59 PM

i am, but i bet he'll leave bad feedback for me too, and this guy has 99.9% positive feedback on over 9000 transactions, i cant believe no one has complained before

If you have this sellers contact info and he is selling more Pixar dvd, you should pass his info onto Pixar and let their legal department take care of him.
Old 03-18-05, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
do you ever read your posts before you post? cuz I'd say that 25%-50% of them are just posts where you crap on someone.
Old 03-18-05, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by TomOpus
Sounds like you ordered from eBay... which I don't understand as to why since you can get it for $14-15 new on release day.

Pixar doesn't do DTS for their R1 releases. It's a boot. Burn it.
Burn it?
Old 03-18-05, 08:45 PM

Can you give us the seller's id, so we can avoid them? I buy and sell on eBay, and am constantly amazed at how some these bootleggers can compile 99+ % feedback.
Old 03-19-05, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by legend42
Can you give us the seller's id, so we can avoid them? I buy and sell on eBay, and am constantly amazed at how some these bootleggers can compile 99+ % feedback.

yea, just noticed this isnt the guy with a ton of feedback (i ordered this and spongebob--still havent received that), but this guy still has 99% and theyre all praising this guy, i dont know why. his name is x-stop and it's funny cause his first line in the auction is:

WE DONT SALE COPY OR BURNED DVD FROM COMPUTER...DO-NOT ASK THOSE KIND OF QUESTION..

the grammar should have tipped me off
Old 03-19-05, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DO-NOT ASK THOSE KIND OF QUESTION..
Classic... the hyphen is just icing on the cake!
Old 03-19-05, 01:38 AM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts
yea, just noticed this isnt the guy with a ton of feedback (i ordered this and spongebob--still havent received that), but this guy still has 99% and theyre all praising this guy, i dont know why. his name is x-stop and it's funny cause his first line in the auction is:

WE DONT SALE COPY OR BURNED DVD FROM COMPUTER...DO-NOT ASK THOSE KIND OF QUESTION..

the grammar should have tipped me off
People are sometimes afraid to give negative feedbags for fear of getting negative feedbags on themselves. Then there are many who don't care or are lazy, and are just taking the chance and would not leave any feedbag at all.

Did you report him? If not, then do so!
Old 03-19-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Burn it?
Good catch