Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Hogan's Heroes: Complete First Season'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-05, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Ian Jane's DVD review of Hogan's Heroes: Complete First Season at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=14830 and... thanks for the review, but I think you need to learn the difference between a Nazi concentration camp and a prisoner of war camp. Hogan's gang was in the latter, where conditions were much different than in the former.
Old 03-15-05, 05:13 PM

This is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. I'm glad it's finally out in a set and not those individual DVDs Columbia House sells.

While I love the show, they did not take a long time piecing together this set. The "The Complete First Season" on the cover looks like a bad computer font with jaggies. And the menus on the DVDs leave much to be desired; it looks as if someone authored these DVDs on their home computer. But I'm knitpicking.

I just hope future seasons get better treatment.
Old 03-16-05, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good review. Pity about the lack of extras, but it's good to know the techical presentation is good.

Also, Newkirk and LeBeau were both non-americans, so it would be more accurate to call them Allied POWS rather than Americans.
Old 03-17-05, 01:13 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wonder why they didn't just use the Production Notes and Guest Cast info that each episode of the Columbia House discs has? Legal reasons I guess, but the info is actually pretty good.