Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

American SONY PSP (where pre-order for UK!!!???)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-05, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey chaps, there's a biiiig gaming community out there (UK and USA) and I was just wondering if anyone could help me with a really big problem. I would REALLY like to pre-order a PSP 'Spidey 2 UMD movie' pack with decent (marked as gift!!!) shipping costs. I know they’re $249.99 but all the stores selling em for pre-order over there are either NOT shipping to UK or will not mark as gift (we get charged over £50 in import excise duties!!!) or they are charging in excess of $400.00!!! RIP OFF! Does anyone know of an independent video game store (LA/NEW YORK or otherwise) that would be willing to make this order with credit-card or PayPal as payment!!! Oh yea and I'm pretty resourceful guy and pretty 'savvied up' on lik-sang and play-asia! Not after a Jap one with it's weird 'circle button as x button' thing and REALLY want that Spidey 2 UMD.

radioshack, sam goody and ebgames have all been usless!!!

PLEASE HELP!!! [email protected]

Last edited by kevs355; 03-13-05 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-11-05, 05:08 PM

Well thanks alot... our american friends?!?!? JEEZ!
Old 03-11-05, 05:55 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
No problem. Did you not realize that even people in AMERICA cannot pre-order this item anymore? Why don't you wait till a month after the launch when its once again available.

Also, next time, try and make what you are trying to say more clear, because I'm still confused.

USA! USA! USA!
Old 03-11-05, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,493 Posts
I think it will be hard to find an independent store willing to take what would be a guaranteed local sale and take the effort to ship it off to you... but I'll keep my eyes out. As someone said, it'd be much easier to wait for a bigger allocation, or pay markup on ebay...

Actually, aren't there any stores local to you that could get shipments in, at a markup? I'd think that'd be your best bet.
Old 03-12-05, 03:43 AM

Yea, sorry bout that, got all bitter and twisted as I'm in a panic to get hold of the limitd Spidey 2 pack. Anyway, good news is I found a company thta are takin' pre-orders and will ship it.. 'on the sly' for me.. YAY

Thanks anyways guys, and remember your the lucky ones! - apparantly, we have to wait til JUNE now!!! http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58225

Oh, and I still LUUUUUUUUUUUUURV the states.. NY specifically!

Last edited by kevs355; 03-12-05 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-12-05, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DVDSoon would cut you a pretty sweet deal, particularly if the you have the ifidelity card and use the 10% coupon. Its a matter of how much you trust them to ship you a working unit, and whether you think they will ship you one soon after release (unlikely).