Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

New WWE dvd's

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

New WWE dvd's

Old 03-04-05, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New WWE dvd's

- WWE is currently working on a new documentary style DVD about the Survivor Series incident from Montreal in 1997 involving Bret Hart. The DVD will be titled "Screwed: The Bret Hart Story."

- Other DVDs currently in the works: A 2-disc set on the Ultimate Warrior; A 2-disc set on The Road Warriors; A 2-disc set on WWE Legends; and a 2-disc set on ECW's "Greatest Matches." All of these DVDs are due out before the end of 2005.
Old 03-04-05, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

damn!! I'm going to be broke!
Old 03-04-05, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Put me down for all of them, thanks. 2-disc Road Warriors . We need a 2-disc Bret Hart dammit!
Old 03-04-05, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, not to mention the R1 releases of Wrestlemania 1-14 !
Old 03-04-05, 10:33 PM

Something called Screwed: The Bret Hart Story CANNOT be what Bret and Vince have been negotiating for, like, three years now. Also, TITLING something Screwed: The Bret Hart Story will NOT be good for some career retrospective a la The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection.

I'll still buy it, though...

...along with the rest.
Old 03-04-05, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They CAN'T be going with this Bret Hart disc because negotiations broke down over the original 2-disc, can they? Best of Roadies and Warrior are a total waste, as is the best of ECW 2-disc. I can't see how they can fill 2 discs of good ECW matches unless they use a lot of Benoit, Jericho, Juvi/Rey, Scorpio, etc. To my utter surprise, I can see myself skipping all of these, and I've been faithfully picking up all of their recent releases (even with the current television product mired in the mud).
Old 03-05-05, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll buy them all without even thinking twice about it.
Old 03-05-05, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by robsul82
Something called Screwed: The Bret Hart Story CANNOT be what Bret and Vince have been negotiating for, like, three years now. Also, TITLING something Screwed: The Bret Hart Story will NOT be good for some career retrospective a la The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection.

I'll still buy it, though...

...along with the rest.
It is not a career retrospective. It is only documenting the incident

I'd only pick up Warrior and Legends.
Old 03-05-05, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by JoeyOhhhh
It is not a career retrospective. It is only documenting the incident

I'd only pick up Warrior and Legends.
Did I say it was a career retrospective? No. I said that releasing a DVD about the Montreal Incident and titling it Screwed: The Bret Hart Story will totally screw over any chance for a career retrospective.
Old 03-05-05, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by robsul82
Did I say it was a career retrospective? No. I said that releasing a DVD about the Montreal Incident and titling it Screwed: The Bret Hart Story will totally screw over any chance for a career retrospective.
Maybe they will let Michaels do a commentary ....
Old 03-05-05, 03:01 AM

Canada is home to some of the best wrestling fans (and wrestlers) in the world...and it seems like the WWE always trys to insult them through revised history and current storylines.

The only DVD I heard they're working on from this list is Screwed: The Bret Hart Story. I'd pick up all of these...even the Warrior one...they could add his matches with Savage, Rick Rude and the Hogan WM match...but I can't think of much else. I have heard they're working on the Four Horsemen DVD, and the only one who isn't involved in the project is Ole Anderson.
Old 03-05-05, 03:31 AM
Banned

I wish that the Wrestling with Shadows dvd would come out. I thought it was very good.
Old 03-05-05, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

2 disc road warriors
Old 03-05-05, 08:15 AM

As an ECW mark I will probably be buying the ECW Greatest Matches (even though I am sure as with The Rise and Fall dvd that the orginal music will be replaced, I really need to convert my vhs)

Anyone know where to get details on the contents of this one?
Old 03-05-05, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another for the Road Warriors set...I used to love when they would come out to "Iron Man" in NWA/WCW.
Old 03-05-05, 11:15 AM

They all sound good but I won't hold my breath until I see a definite date. I still remember the last Bret Hart DVD and the Kurt Angle set that were supposed to come out.

PS:There goes another WWE DVD rumor/announcement that doesn't involve old events
Old 03-05-05, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by neilo13
As an ECW mark I will probably be buying the ECW Greatest Matches (even though I am sure as with The Rise and Fall dvd that the orginal music will be replaced, I really need to convert my vhs)
Actually, WWE just purchased ECW's music library from Harry Slash and The Slashtones.

That doesn't include the commercial songs, but many themes such as Sabu, Taz and the ECW "This Is Extreme" song can now be used by WWE.
Old 03-05-05, 11:28 AM
Banned

anyone know where i can get a list of all the wwe/wwf dvd's including documentarys, biography, and ppv dvd's?

I really like the WWE and have watched Raw and Smackdown every monday and thursday for about 6 months straight now. It use to be just Raw, because we didnt have UPN, but now that we switched to Cox, we have it now!

Also I just bought this as my first WWE PPV DVD

Is it a good price? Check it out..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6373369746

$7.74 Shipped New/Sealed!

wwe.com has it for a lotttt more..
Old 03-05-05, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Wasn't there a Four Horsemen disc in the works at one point? I would love to see that one.
Old 03-05-05, 02:26 PM

anyone know where i can get a list of all the wwe/wwf dvd's including documentarys, biography, and ppv dvd's?
Yea, I'm interested in this kind of info too. I know the whole WWF/WWE fiasco has caused a lot of the older WWF DVD's to be very difficult to find because anything with the F in it is no longer in any kind of production right? I've been finding some older used stuff at local wherehouse stores, and I've been buying like crazy.
Old 03-05-05, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm all about it for the Road Warriors one. One of the best tag teams ever. I just try to forget their WWE run where they had a dummy for a manager and that whole "Hawk is a drunk" angle.

As for Warrior... he's turned into such a raving egomaniacal nutcase that I can't stand to watch anything of his, even the old matches. Although I wonder - I assume that WWE has the rights to the old UWF material since they were purchased by the NWA, which later became WCW. So that would give them Warrior's early appearances with Sting as The Blade Runners. But does the WWE have the rights to the old WCCW stuff of Fritz Von Erich, where Warrior competed as the Dingo Warrior?
Old 03-05-05, 05:14 PM

This site has quite alot of WWE/WWF DVDs:
Highspots
Old 03-05-05, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
I'm all about it for the Road Warriors one. One of the best tag teams ever. I just try to forget their WWE run where they had a dummy for a manager and that whole "Hawk is a drunk" angle.

As for Warrior... he's turned into such a raving egomaniacal nutcase that I can't stand to watch anything of his, even the old matches. Although I wonder - I assume that WWE has the rights to the old UWF material since they were purchased by the NWA, which later became WCW. So that would give them Warrior's early appearances with Sting as The Blade Runners. But does the WWE have the rights to the old WCCW stuff of Fritz Von Erich, where Warrior competed as the Dingo Warrior?
That dummy manager was also with them in the NWA...his name is Paul Ellering...unless you meant Rocko.

The WWE doesn't own the UWF/Mid-South footage. Bill Watt's ex-wife owns all that footage and there's a site I can't remember right now where she sells all the shows on DVD. Kevin Von Erich owns all the World Class footage...he wasn't impressed with how much the WWE offered him for the tapes so he's attempting to market them.
Old 03-05-05, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by daverug
This site has quite alot of WWE/WWF DVDs:
Highspots
Their prices on WWE commercial DVDs aren't really that good...you're better off getting them at DeepDiscountDVD.com. However, they have good prices on independent shows, their great shoot interviews and international promotions.
Old 03-05-05, 10:56 PM

This has to do with WWE DVD's. I have never seen WWE judgment day 2002 but it looks like a good show triple h vs jericho hell in a cell, also hogan taker wwe title, and angle edge hair vs hair match. So anyway I was wondering besides Ebay does anyone know where I could buy this DVD I can't find it anywhere. And I also checked Amazon and it isn't even listed there. So if anyone could tell me where I could find it I would apreciate it thanks.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.