ST Insurrection CE on June 7th!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-05, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ST Insurrection CE on June 7th!

Check it out

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...6027&n=1&burl=

Paramount Home Entertainment has revealed official details on the upcoming two-disc collector's edition of Star Trek: Insurrection which stars the likes of Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner and Jonathan Frakes. The set will be available to own from the 7th June this year, and should retail at around $19.99. The film itself will be presented in anamorphic widescreen along with both English Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 Surround tracks. Extras will include a text commentary by Michael Okuda and Denise Okuda, an It Takes a Village featurette, a Location, Location, Location featurette, a Art of "Insurrection" featurette and 4 more featurettes entitled Anatomy of a Stunt, The Story of "Insurrection", Making "Insurrection" and Director's Notebook. Also up for grabs will be 2 features on the special effects (Westmore's Aliens and Star Trek's Beautiful Alien Women), behind the scenes footage for three key action sequences, 7 deleted scenes including an alternate ending, storyboards, a photo gallery and trailers. Paramount hasn't yet released the art I'm afraid, but we'll bring you that shortly.

Hmmm No AUDIO commentary?

ANd I know alot of you HATE this film... I plan on getting it to complete the collection. That was a fast turn around. Could Nemesis SE be the end of the year? Discuss.
Old 03-04-05, 09:32 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm on it!
Old 03-04-05, 09:33 AM

Very nice. I did not mind he movie that much but was good enough to sit back and watch. Once they are all out (or news of them all) ... Will have to go out and get all of them.
Old 03-04-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
been waiting for a box set with all ST titles....good news
Old 03-04-05, 09:53 AM
Banned

No Johnathan Frakes Commentary= No Sale!
Old 03-04-05, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, hopefully that list of extras isnt complete. It would be weird that it would be the ONLY disc out of the 10 not to have a commentary.
Old 03-04-05, 10:34 AM
Banned

Cool beans. With a June release, I can see a Nemesis CE by September or so.

I don't know why this movie got panned so bad, I thought it was fairly decent. I thought the ending was pretty good. The rest of the movie reminded me a lot of a longer, higher budget version of the TNG Episode #152 "Who Watches the Watchers"

Last edited by Mike Lowrey; 03-04-05 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-04-05, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Do we know for certain that they even plan to do a Nemesis SE? That film actually had extras on the initial release (although it wasn't a 2-discer).

I suppose we'll know by the end of the year...
Old 03-04-05, 11:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bboisvert
Do we know for certain that they even plan to do a Nemesis SE? That film actually had extras on the initial release (although it wasn't a 2-discer).

You're correct, however, I can't see Paramount passing up a chance to milk this cow for all that its worth. But just like all double-dips, I would have to think that the original Nemesis disc was put out just to capitalize on the quick turn-around from the theatrical release and then do a proper 2-discer when the others up to Insurrection were complete.
Old 03-04-05, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
I can't see Paramount passing up a chance to milk this cow for all that its worth.
Agreed.
Old 03-04-05, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bboisvert

surely they will....just to match up the box art and put out a new box set. Trek fans don't mind a bit on the double dip....look at everyone who bought the original series disc by disc....most of them rebought the box sets
Old 03-04-05, 11:40 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Dalvin
No Johnathan Frakes Commentary= No Sale!
Even HE won't defend it!
Old 03-04-05, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

First Contact, Insurrection, AND Nemesis SCEs?!?!?!

Can't wait.
Old 03-04-05, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Remember there is like 45 mins cut out of Nemesis so it gives them a chance to do a Directors Cut for the CE.
Old 03-04-05, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it felt more like a regular episode than a big movie. that movie has little rewatch value; they should pump it up with as much goodies (i.e., commentary) as possible!
Old 03-04-05, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
You're correct, however, I can't see Paramount passing up a chance to milk this cow for all that its worth. But just like all double-dips, I would have to think that the original Nemesis disc was put out just to capitalize on the quick turn-around from the theatrical release and then do a proper 2-discer when the others up to Insurrection were complete.
What do you mean, a "proper" 2-disc release? The initial single disc Nemesis release is full of material - and it's a recent movie so there are no sound/video issues to improve, AFAIK. I bought that when it came out - it was among my first DVD buys - and I have no intention of buying it again.

Now, with the older movies, since I came late to DVD I've only bought the directors/special editions, and will happily buy Insurrection after I get First Contact in a couple weeks.
Old 03-04-05, 12:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
What do you mean, a "proper" 2-disc release? The initial single disc Nemesis release is full of material - and it's a recent movie so there are no sound/video issues to improve, AFAIK. I bought that when it came out - it was among my first DVD buys - and I have no intention of buying it again.

Now, with the older movies, since I came late to DVD I've only bought the directors/special editions, and will happily buy Insurrection after I get First Contact in a couple weeks.
Well, like Rammsteinfan said, there was quite a bit cut out of the movie and it's possible that Paramount may want to do a Director's Edition for Nemesis.
Old 03-04-05, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
It doesn't have DTS or the trailer (and that's one of the reasons I didn't buy it. The Nemesis trailer is one of my faves).
Old 03-04-05, 12:38 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is a tough one, I've bought all the SE's up until now, might give this one a skip. BTW does anyone know what the deleted scenes and alternative ending are?
Old 03-04-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I enjoyed Insurrection and am looking forward to the SE. For anyone who's interested, there is a Japanese 3 disc Nemesis SE currently available. the 3rd disc is the soundtrack for the film and I beleive the second disc is the 1st disc of TNG S1. AFAIK, the same R1 special features are on the first disc along with the film itself.
Old 03-04-05, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From some post over at DVDanswers: For anyone interested, the deleted scenes are entitled Ru'afo's Facelift, Working Lunch, Flirting, The Kiss, Status: Precarious, Disabling the Injector and Alternate Ending. Doesn't sound like that Quark cameo will be included!
Old 03-04-05, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
When's the First Contace SE hitting shelves?
Old 03-04-05, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
Remember there is like 45 mins cut out of Nemesis so it gives them a chance to do a Directors Cut for the CE.
Yeah, maybe they can get Wil Wheaton back into the director's cut! That sucked that they cut him out completely.
Old 03-04-05, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad to see the SEs are continuing.

And, yes, the "glutton for punishment" in me can't wait to see the deleted scenes on Nemesis. Hopefully, it'll fill in a lot of the holes we've been complaining about for years.
Old 03-04-05, 01:49 PM

I have mixed feelings about this news. On the one hand I look forward to CE release. On the other hand, I'm really getting tired of studios putting out a sub-par initial releases only to later put out DC, SE, CE, UE, EE or whatever. The bar has been raised for DVDs now. Most people expect the initial release to have most if not all of what many Special Editions have in the way of features and hopefully a DTS ES Track.

That said, I am so f__king mad that I went out and double dipped on Star Trek Generations and the transfer aboslutely sucks. Shimmering, arifacts, edge enhancement. How pathetic. You can bet your ass that I'll never blindly buy another DVD until I've read a review first. And the review better say the video is near or at reference quality. I didn't spend 4k on a TV for watch crap.

So who here will triple dip on Star Trek Generations when that re-released in a Ultimate Edition?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.