Legend of Zelda Bonus Disc!! OMG!!!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Legend of Zelda Bonus Disc!! OMG!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-05, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Legend of Zelda Bonus Disc!! OMG!!! (April Fool's Joke?)

In what could very well be the best extra ever with a pre-ordered video game (in my opinion of course), according to the new EGM, if you pre-order the new Legend of Zelda game for the Gamecube starting April 1st, you will receive a bonus disc of the Wind Waker game totally redone in the new graphics to be in line with the new game. That's not all. It will also include 2 full scale dungeons not included in the original game. These were deleted due to the creators thinking it would make the game too large.

I don't know about you guys, but I am all over this (not that I wasn't going to get the game anyway....). I loved the original graphics, but I just can't get enough of the Zelda games and this will be very cool to see.

Last edited by scoot95; 03-02-05 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-02-05, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 906 Likes on 668 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it, but that would be amazing.
Old 03-02-05, 07:09 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yup...I read about this in my new EGM. It had a screenshot. Looks great....seems to good to be true though. I loved Windwaker.

I sold my Gamecube though

wlj
Old 03-02-05, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's the April issue of EGM... It says the disc will be available April 1... any clues yet that this may not be real
Old 03-02-05, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
I saw this last night and thought it was pretty nifty looking, but I just a moment ago realized it's the April issue. Ladies and Gentleman, I think we've been pwned.
Old 03-02-05, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Yup, sounds like the annual April Fool's joke.

Gotta love EGM.
Old 03-02-05, 07:30 AM

Right before I read these replies...I realized too that it was the April Issue. If it is a fake, they did a good job on the picture they included.....
Old 03-02-05, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper308
It's the April issue of EGM... It says the disc will be available April 1... any clues yet that this may not be real

ding. ding. ding. we have a winner. I will not be pwned.
Old 03-02-05, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A friend of mine just told me about this. I was telling him that it is quite a coincidence that this is in the APRIL issue and it starts APRIL FIRST.

Kinda reminds me of that LOTR racing game prank last year.
Old 03-02-05, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did you know you can play as Simon Belmont in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II?
Old 03-02-05, 10:03 AM
RVP

People are still falling for this. I think there was a thread up last week about this too. Some other game message boards fell for it alot worse though.
Old 03-02-05, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
I'm still waiting to get back my 5 bucks from my LotRs:Mordor GP pre-order.
Old 03-02-05, 10:07 AM
wlj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL....I thought that this sounded too good to be true. I was pissed off that I had sold my gamecube They got me.

wlj
Old 03-02-05, 10:08 AM
RVP

The other thread about this must have been deleted. I couldn't find it anywhere.
Old 03-02-05, 10:21 AM
Retired

The dude that posted it got owned pretty good for saying after he found it was a joke that it was lame as he'd be interested in the game with new graphics. Then someone said graphics didn't matter, etc. He said, well the game sucks because of the sailing.

Then someon said something like "so you wanted to play it with new graphics, did you think that meant you wouldn't have to sail?" lol

So maybe the guy that posted it deleted it.
Old 03-02-05, 10:42 AM

Kinda funny, I read that article yesterday and thought nothing of it because I really wasn't interested in it(the remake) but I can see how it would be causing a stir. I guess I was fooled too then because it didn't "click" that it was a fake. This is also kind of amusing because last month, I was thinking to myself about how the April Fools joke will be out soon and that I would look for it.
Old 03-02-05, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i'm still trying to use simon belmont in TMNT. must not be entering the code quick enough
Old 03-02-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Argh! Damn you EGM.
Old 03-02-05, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RVP
People are still falling for this.
If you've seen what drives the gaming industry days you can't possibly be surprised at this.
Old 03-02-05, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts
Get Me Coffee was the one that fell for it earlier. He was all excited, then when he found out it was a joke blamed Nintendo and said the game was a crapfest because of the sailing.
Old 03-02-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

File this under Shen Long...
Old 03-02-05, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Get Me Coffee was the one that fell for it earlier. He was all excited, then when he found out it was a joke blamed Nintendo and said the game was a crapfest because of the sailing.

That's no surprise.

Crapfest? Here's a post from the great Get Me Coffee in this thread:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=zelda

"Zelda is the best game I've played on GC."

I guess opinion changes with agenda.
Old 03-02-05, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket

That's no surprise.

Crapfest? Here's a post from the great Get Me Coffee in this thread:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=zelda

"Zelda is the best game I've played on GC."

I guess opinion changes with agenda.
Zelda in my book is a great game.... Looking back the sail boat just slowed things down and made the game boring. I would replay the game if it was in a "mature" form. Hey fellas, presentation mean alot to me. I know the game play would still be the same and the boat would still be there, but the graphic change would be an incentive. So calm down with your NINTENDO FLAME TORCHES .

Wow, pixy glad to see you have alot of time on your hands, also thanks for the link....if you see my full post...
Originally Posted by Get Me Coffee
I'm not a Nintendo FANBOY.....But I'll give you this...

Zelda WindWAKER was awesome. Don't worry about the design, it worked for this game. The game play was excellent to, rather easy at times, but it was fun.

My only problem with the game is the STUPID OCEAN!!! Yes, it was cool at first.....but good God, sailing around just got really boring FAST. The reason why I didn't play the game again was because of the time WASTED sailing around.:
Thanks pixy, that helped! Sooo my agenda didn't change...maybe next time you can get. Chin up pal!

Also I closed the thread before because it was bogus, just an April Fools which pissed me off.

Last edited by Get Me Coffee; 03-02-05 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-02-05, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Get Me Coffee
Also I closed the thread before because it was bogus, just an April Fools which pissed me off.
Who doesn't enjoy a good April fool's joke? I don't think any of the other people who saw that thread will ever believe that is the reason you closed it; I don't think you really believe it yourself. It was because you made yourself look foolish.

And Pixy finding that old quote by you just makes that other thread all the more funny.

Sorry, that's how I see it; deny it all you want.

And yes, I was the guy who pointed out how he changed his mind from "I'm really looking forward to this game with realistic graphics" to "this game sucks anyway becuase you still have to sail that crappy boat around" (paraphrased) and how changing the graphics would have had no effect on him having to "sail the crappy boat around".

Then someone posted saying he just got "pwned", then the whole thread mysteriously disappeared!

But to be fair, in that other thread Pixy found, he did say that
good God, sailing around just got really boring FAST. The reason why I didn't play the game again was because of the time WASTED sailing around.
So, that part of his opinion of the game hasn't changed.

You did learn the song that allows you to use the cyclones/hurricanes to let you warp to places right? You get that pretty early in the game; I think as soon as you have the bow you can get it (IIRC). That does cut down on a ton of the time you have to spend sailing, while admittedly not getting rid of it altogether.
Old 03-02-05, 01:49 PM

Where I stand hasn't changed, I explained in my other post.

But I did delete it because 1.) it was false 2.)couldn't figure out how to do a name change and 3.) the whole game play, "powned" thing

However, my view hasn't changed with the gameplay.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.