Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Starchaser: The Legend of Orin" - June 21!!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-05, 01:47 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get ready to blast into hyperspace with Starchaser: The Legend of Orin, an exhilarating, animated sci-fi saga hailed as "an excellent special treat for families" (Screen International) that brings interplanetary excitement and adventure to an all-time high!

Deep within a subterranean Mine-World, a tribe of humans forced into a grim life of servitude by the malevolent overlord Zygon knows nothing of the surface world or of hope…until a brave young boy named Orin discovers a sword with mysterious powers that only he can unlock! After escaping the Mine-World with his weapon, Orin teams with rogue smuggler Dagg, a beautiful princess and some trusty robots on an intergalactic mission to free his enslaved people and defeat the evil Zygon!

Widescreen: yes
Anamorphic: yes
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Audio: Stereo
Languages: English
Subtitles: English / French / Spanish
Closed Caption: Yes
Video Norm: NTSC
Old 03-02-05, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
The only thing that was at all appealing about this film, was the fact that it was in 3-D. It doesn't look like the dvd is 3D.
Old 03-02-05, 09:00 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I saw this in the theatre in 3D it was da bomb -
Old 03-02-05, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There was a legit 3-D videodisc release in Japan 15 years ago using field sequential format, and illegal copies are everywhere. I've got the official VHD disc, and it looks great!

If I was the rights holder, I'd go the extra mile and put a field sequential 3-D version on the DVD along with the modified flat version; this would help sales and put the bootleggers out of business.
Old 03-03-05, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, it is too bad they didn't try to reproduce the 3-D although it would have been prohibitively expensive I am sure.

Along with this and Rock N Rule (see: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412395) it's looking like the summer of unreleased adult-type American animation finally getting some respect and reevaluation!
Old 03-04-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It wasn't prohibitively expensive when it was on Japanese videodisc 15 years ago, and it isn't now. There are legit DVDs on the market right now that contain 2-D and 3-D field sequential versions of movies retailing for under $15.
Old 03-04-05, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched on Starz recently when I was all zooted. movie was some good stuff. I don't remember it from when I was a kid, but that could have been the herb.
Old 03-04-05, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve Phillips
It wasn't prohibitively expensive when it was on Japanese videodisc 15 years ago, and it isn't now. There are legit DVDs on the market right now that contain 2-D and 3-D field sequential versions of movies retailing for under $15.
Really? Where?
Old 03-07-05, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can buy Charles Band's THE CREEPS in 3-D directly from Full Moon, through Amazon, or through an authorized eBay store for $17.

Lots of IMAX films are out in 2-D/3-D versions at retailers all over...stuff like S.O.S. PLANET, ENCOUNTER IN THE THIRD DIMENSION, HAUNTED CASTLE, ALIEN ADVENTURE, ULTIMATE Gs....

There are also a lot of amateur shot on video horror films out there..stuff like CAMP BLOOD, CAMP BLOOD 2, ZOMBIE CHRONICLES, etc.