Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Baseball games already released?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-05, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baseball games already released?

I just noticed on ebgames.com that both MVP 2005 and MLB 2005 (ESPN) say they're available now and shipping within 24 hours, even though they're not originally scheduled to be realeased until next week. Has anyone seen these in their stores? I live in the middle of nowhere, so my local Walmart probably won't get them for another month anyway.
Old 02-23-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, MVP moved the date up....so 2K5 had to compete with it. They are supposed to be in-stores today. I ordered from GameStop.com since they had free shipping coupon and no sales tax.....

I hope it ships soon, still not yet according to teh website.
Old 02-23-05, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Do you mean MLB 2006 or ESPN 2k5? I know MVP 2005 is out.
Old 02-23-05, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Do you mean MLB 2006 or ESPN 2k5? I know MVP 2005 is out.
MVP (the newest one....just got released today or yesterday)

MLB 2K5 also matched EA's date

Not sure about MLB 2006 (that is Sony...right)

I just want my 2K5 to ship today.....hurry up darn-it
Old 02-23-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picking up my reserved copy of MVP tomorrow at Gamestop.
Old 02-23-05, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Third Baseman
Picking up my reserved copy of MVP tomorrow at Gamestop.
Ditto.
Old 02-23-05, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think I'm going to bite the bullet now and get both. EA just sent me a $15 code, so it's about $20.xx shipped. I'll trade/sell one if I don't like it.
Old 02-23-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I think I'm going to bite the bullet now and get both. EA just sent me a $15 code, so it's about $20.xx shipped. I'll trade/sell one if I don't like it.
I'll probally get MLB in a week, and see how it is. If I don't like it, I'll sell it on ebay as well. I never did play it last year because MVP was soo good, even with noticable problems.
Old 02-23-05, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When are the PC versions coming out? (MVP)
Old 02-23-05, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered mine this morning when I saw that they'd been released, and the ebgames site says they've shipped. I hope they get here by the weekend.
Old 02-23-05, 04:27 PM

just bought MVP from my local ebgames for $30..played this last year and loved it, best baseball game i had played since the one on the sega saturn (forgot the name)..anyhow, this game is as good, if not better than last years because of the addition of the mini games & 30 year owner mode..the tetris style pitching game is pretty cool & challenging..plus to see my met team all there is pretty cool...

if anyone wants to play online, just let me know...
Old 02-23-05, 05:26 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by namrufmot
When are the PC versions coming out? (MVP)
It's out. Picked it up today.
Old 02-23-05, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by dasmooth1
just bought MVP from my local ebgames for $30..played this last year and loved it, best baseball game i had played since the one on the sega saturn (forgot the name)..anyhow, this game is as good, if not better than last years because of the addition of the mini games & 30 year owner mode..the tetris style pitching game is pretty cool & challenging..plus to see my met team all there is pretty cool...

if anyone wants to play online, just let me know...

Are you kdding me? They RUINED MVP!!!!!! if you want to play online here are the things you MUST deal with:

In order to play a ranked game, you can ONLY PLAY 5 INNINGS!!!!!!!
yes only 5 inning games are ranked...lol

You CANNOT turn off the cursor,hot/cold zones, or strike zone!!!!!
thats right you HAVE to play with all of this CRAP on!!!!!!!

Although they did fix alot of the "online bugs: from last year...i.e pausing during flyballs and a few other things. But overall this game is a HUGE dissapointment.
Old 02-23-05, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i just picked up MVP today and played couple innings. i think the graphics went backwards. the game looks like ass compared to last years. i had it for ps2 last year and xbox this year and it looks so much worse.
Old 02-23-05, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree about the graphics looking worse, but only during night games. Maybe I just got used to them quickly otherwise.

I'm glad they got rid of the lefty glitch and the CPU doesn't seem to break up every potential double-play like it did last year.
Old 02-23-05, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anybody picked this up for gamecube? I loved 2004, and was hoping to pick up mvp 2005.. Also, when is the roster current to? I hate having to go through and manually adjust a ton of stuff.. For the price pick it up either way, but curious..
Old 02-23-05, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by chaz k
Are you kdding me? They RUINED MVP!!!!!! if you want to play online here are the things you MUST deal with:

In order to play a ranked game, you can ONLY PLAY 5 INNINGS!!!!!!!
yes only 5 inning games are ranked...lol

You CANNOT turn off the cursor,hot/cold zones, or strike zone!!!!!
thats right you HAVE to play with all of this CRAP on!!!!!!!

Although they did fix alot of the "online bugs: from last year...i.e pausing during flyballs and a few other things. But overall this game is a HUGE dissapointment.
thats the one thing i didn't try out tonight, only 5 innings ranked sounds completely idiotic to me, i guess game length was the issue?

the cursor & hot cold zones doesn't really bother me, i can play either way and it helps newbs out, not a big deal, i wouldn't call it a disapointment yet until i try out MLB 2k5...
Old 02-23-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That is pathetic that only 5 inning games are ranked. Why not allow 5 innings and up?

I know my 30+ games online last year was all 9 innings. I don't like playing anything else.

Ah well. Online isn't that much of an issue with me right now since I have a job. Last year I didn't.
Old 02-24-05, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I picked up ESPN, and it's awesome. The presentation is perfect. They really went all out in the last year of the ESPN license.
Old 02-24-05, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

People seem to love ESPN this year....I'm still waiting for mine to arrive/ship, I should've just bought it in store...oh well.
Old 02-24-05, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,188 Likes on 4,215 Posts
Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I picked up ESPN, and it's awesome. The presentation is perfect. They really went all out in the last year of the ESPN license.
Great to hear, I'll be picking it up today. But it isn't called "ESPN" anymore. Since the ESPN franchise is moving to EA Games, the title of Take Two's game has been changed to

"Major League Baseball 2K5"

Old 02-24-05, 10:12 AM

I got my copy of MVP yesterday and love it. One of the unique features of it is that it has the top 100 minor league prospects in the game provided by Baseball America. They have fake names, but all the ratings and info like jersey numbers and birthdays matchup with their real life counterparts. All you have to do is rename them, which someone has already done if you have the XBox and an Action Replay device. It makes playing the minor league games that much more fun when you got two or three real prospects on the team. I haven't gotten a chance to start Owner Mode yet, I plan on doing that tonight since I have a roster file with all this year's transactions made and everything. I've played three exhibition games so far and it is a blast. The animations look great this year. I can't wait till MLB 2006 comes out for the PS2 next week, that game seems as if it is gonna be pretty cool too.
Old 02-24-05, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll probably end up picking both MVP and 2K5 up before it's all said and done.
Old 02-24-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker
Great to hear, I'll be picking it up today. But it isn't called "ESPN" anymore. Since the ESPN franchise is moving to EA Games, the title of Take Two's game has been changed to

"Major League Baseball 2K5"

Right I just noticed that. It's now just "powered by ESPN"
Old 02-24-05, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by aukevin
I got my copy of MVP yesterday and love it. One of the unique features of it is that it has the top 100 minor league prospects in the game provided by Baseball America. They have fake names, but all the ratings and info like jersey numbers and birthdays matchup with their real life counterparts. All you have to do is rename them, which someone has already done if you have the XBox and an Action Replay device. It makes playing the minor league games that much more fun when you got two or three real prospects on the team. I haven't gotten a chance to start Owner Mode yet, I plan on doing that tonight since I have a roster file with all this year's transactions made and everything. I've played three exhibition games so far and it is a blast. The animations look great this year. I can't wait till MLB 2006 comes out for the PS2 next week, that game seems as if it is gonna be pretty cool too.
Sounds cool. I am getting the PC version of MVP. I like being able to mod stadiums, unis, etc.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.