Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"You Can't Do That on Television" other Nick Shows, any news?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-05, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know if there are plans in the works to release either a Season or BEST of set of nickelodeon's show "You Can't do that on Television"?
I loved this but I haven't seen them in YEARS. The early years are the best and I would love a box set. If not a season release I'll take a BEST of set.
I would also love to see some Classic Nickelodeon shows. Talk pre-90s here like:
Mr Wizard
Lights Camera Action
What will they think of next
Out of Control

There was a VHS release of YCDTOTV called "The Worst of 'You Can't Do That on Television". If anything give me that.
I read some place that Nick couldn't show the show cause it would cost to much to pay all the actors but that sounds strange.
Old 02-19-05, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paramount releasing Classic Nickelodeon shows to DVD - in Season Sets!

this thread has some of the best info on Nick so far...nothing is site....Nick didn't produce this show, just syndicated it....so a release will cost them...which means it will cost you...someday
Old 02-20-05, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YCDTOTV will likely never be released. Too many people to pay residuals to, and not owned by Nick, and not a US product.

For people that grew up on it, they show is still great, but I showed a few episodes to friends that had never seen it, and they didn't get it.

It's also quite dated.
Old 02-20-05, 08:40 AM

The first season of The Adventures of Pete and Pete will come out the same day as the Clarissa Explains it All set.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2903

Adventures of Pete & Pete, The - Nick's 'Rewind Collection' Continues with Pete & Pete!
Posted by David Lambert
2/11/2005

Just the other day we were very pleased to bring you the announcement that Clarissa Explains It All - Season 1 was that start of something cool: Nickelodeon's "Rewind Collection" of DVDs from early classic shows.

Now Nick and distributor Paramount Home Entertainment are pleased to announce the second title in the Rewind Collection: The Adventures of Pete & Pete - Season 1.

The Adventures of Pete & Pete was a surreal comedy in which a peaceful suburban neighborhood was a strange and skewed world as seen through the eyes of pre-teens. Wellsville, USA contained many different unique characters, such as: two brothers that were both named Pete, their mom who had a metal plate in her head, Artie the spandex-wearing super-hero, and Petunia, little Pete's tattoo. The Adventures of Pete and Pete originated as a series of one-minute vignettes (shorts) in 1990, then was expanded into a series of five specials, and then became a regular weekly series in late 1993 for three seasons. There is still a strong Pete & Pete fan base that has submitted an on-line petition to Nickelodeon to put Pete & Pete on DVD, with 3800 signatures to date.

Not to mention enough votes for the show here at TVShowsOnDVD to put the show at position #84 among our most-requested shows not yet released to DVD! And 98% of our voters wanted season sets...and that's indeed what you get. On May 17th (the same date as the Clarissa release), this hits stores on a 2-disc set that runs 292 minutes. All 8 episodes from the first season are present, of course. No word yet on whether any of the vignettes or specials that preceded that season are going to be included, but stay tuned. We'll keep you posted if we find out anything.
Old 02-20-05, 10:30 AM

If Nick doesn't own, any change those that do own it will release it?
Old 02-20-05, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would really like to see "Danger Mouse" on Dvd. Am I alone?