Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Won tickets for Queens Of The Stone Age!!!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-05, 04:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I text messaged the radio station saying I'd kill for a ticket. 10 minutes later the radio presenter told me I had to talk about their new single and what I thought of it. I knew they had 2 tickets to give away for their sold out club gig here in the Netherlands. And after I told em what I thought he said I'd just won the tickets!

It was my first time on the radio! And it's the first time I've won tickets to something!

I was literally shaking when he told me I won, I'd been trying to get a ticket for some time, but they were being sold via the black market for over $100 a ticket, and I just couldn't afford it.

I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY!
I haven't seen them live since their Rated R tour. They cancelled once on the only chance I had of seeing them on their SFTD tour, and I had to miss them a couple of times on that tour.
Old 02-14-05, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shweet.

Its cool that you got a small club gig because its funner and more intimate that way... albeit a little less funner, maybe, without Nick. Have fun, and let us know how it is, and how their new songs are (if its before the album's release)
Old 02-14-05, 05:39 PM
Mod Emeritus

congrads!
Old 02-15-05, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You lucky skank! I wanted to see them in Cleveland at the House O' Blues, but it sold out before I could get tix. The only way now is on Ebay$ I'm convinced they'll play here eventually though, they have on the last two tours. Great show, enjoy!
Old 02-15-05, 09:50 AM

The gig's tomorrow!
I'll be sure to post a review!

I also heard Mark Lanegan was present for their Milan gig, there may be hope for him showing up in Amsterdam, fingers crossed!
Old 02-15-05, 11:46 AM

Sweet, I only seem them with FooFighters back in 2000, and they sucked bad live then.
BUt I had heard one song that seemed pretty sweet before I seen them live; so I went ahead and bought Rated R,,,,long story long, freaking great album, one of the best of that year, then SFTD came out with Dave on drums, amazing stuff.

im sure the new album will rock, and they will prob play stuff from it, wish I was there.
hope there better live than when I seen them, maybe a bad night or something.
Anyone else there that night; Nov Detroit Foo Show in 2000 at I believe was The METRO? maybe
Old 02-15-05, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by foofighters7
Sweet, I only seem them with FooFighters back in 2000, and they sucked bad live then.
BUt I had heard one song that seemed pretty sweet before I seen them live; so I went ahead and bought Rated R,,,,long story long, freaking great album, one of the best of that year, then SFTD came out with Dave on drums, amazing stuff.

im sure the new album will rock, and they will prob play stuff from it, wish I was there.
hope there better live than when I seen them, maybe a bad night or something.
Anyone else there that night; Nov Detroit Foo Show in 2000 at I believe was The METRO? maybe
They seem to be one of those bands that people either love or hate when it comes to seeing them live. I've been to 5 or 6 QOTSA shows and I've loved every one of them. I'm looking forward to catching them at Webster Hall in NYC next month.
Old 02-15-05, 03:16 PM

im not one to hate any band live, but they werent good at all, in fact they got more boos than claps I think.
There instruments were to loud in comparison to their mics, and their amps didnt work that great, that loud, and sounded horid, not like loud and rocking , but more like loud and just annoying, with basically no vocals, couldnt hear hardly any words in any songs. I felt bad at the end when Josh said, were queens of the stone age , and some dude in the crowd yelled, YOU SUCK, and everyone laughed, it wasnt their best night im sure, Id love to see them again, im sure something was wrong, maybe just crappy equipment.
Old 02-15-05, 04:56 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

awesome man. saw em on halloween in the pouring rain in LA. one of the best shows i've seen. I do wonder if they are as good without their bass player. let us know how it is
Old 02-16-05, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
[cool guitar/bass riff]

doo doo doo doo doo....doo...doo...doo...doo...dododo...doo....do..dodo...do...dooo doo.

[/cool guitar/bass riff]

Last edited by Giantrobo; 02-16-05 at 12:25 AM.
Old 02-16-05, 06:36 PM

So I've just got back from the show.

It was a good show, nothing spectacular, not bad either.
I was however VERY pleased that Mark Lanegan was present, and he performed a bunch of songs.
I wish the setlist would've been a bit different, they didn't play alot of songs I would've liked to hear, but hey that's how concerts are. Of course they played their SFTD hits like No One Knows, First It Giveth and Go With The Flow, but I would've liked to hear songs like Better Living Through Chemistry, Songs For The Deaf etc.

One thing that really was noticable was Josh's weight. The guy has gained alot of weight, even had manboobs and everything.

Let me be the first to crack this joke:
Josh should lay off the des(s)ert sessions

I still think I saw them at their best at a festival in 2001. When they were still fairly unknown and managed to really impress me (I only knew 4 songs).
Old 02-21-05, 04:25 PM

Ok just saw them Tonight In Paris,, Freakin Awesome stuff.

Man im glad I paid 90 Euros to see them. Thats about 120 bucks American; it was worth it!

There new album is gonna be the bees freaking knees!

MUCH MUCH better than first time i seen them 4 and half years ago.

If you can go see em; doooo IT
Old 02-22-05, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hoping to see them here in April. The new album can't come soon enough for me, these guys are still in my top 5 rotation.