Smallville - 02/09/05

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-05, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Smallville - 02/09/05

"Recruit", Episode #413.

Spoiler:
The star player of Met U (Chris Carmack) visits Clark to recruit him for the football team, but the mysterious death of another member of the team prompts Clark to take a closer look at his recruiter.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Chris Carmack, Erica Durance.

Director(s): Jean Szwarc.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.
Writer(s): Todd Slavkin, Darren Swimmer.

Original Airdate: February 9, 2005.
Old 02-09-05, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
and chloe almost blows it that she knows the secret
Old 02-09-05, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
get some!
Old 02-09-05, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice. The character's name was Geoff Johns (IMHO one of the best comic book writers around today).
Old 02-09-05, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm gonna take a wild guess that there's going to be a lot of whining about how this episode of Smallville sucks. Any takers?
Old 02-09-05, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Seemed like the villain's real purpose in this episode was to let Clark step back and reflect on taking advantage of his powers for the scholarship.

Next week's episode from TV Guide says
Spoiler:
The dog Krypto is actually the result of (yet another) one of Luthor Corp's experiements, and not from Krypton as the teaser might suggest
Old 02-09-05, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Could Chloe be more obvious as to knowing Clark's secret?

So how will Clark get the money to go to college now? How many mortgages can the Kents take on their farm?

At least some traction on the whole Lex/Lana/Jason subplot. But do we believe what Lex told Lana?
Old 02-09-05, 10:54 PM

Ok, I think this might have been the worst episode of the season. I still really enjoyed it, but it seemed more like a FOTW episode. Not much moved ahead in the story.

I am glad that they are making Chloe question a lot about Clark's powers though which is getting Clark to be skeptical about her...could move this along faster than I expected.

The whole Lana, Jason, Lex thing is getting tired, but I like how Lana is starting to trust Lex more now because of his info.

So overall, decent episode, just didn't advance much in the story.

WHERE IS LIONEL???
Clark needs to hook up with CHLOE. She was looking so good tonight, plus she's the coolest girl on the show.
Old 02-09-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

shouldn't clark's mental abilities be really good too? he can get an academic scholarship. or a needs based one
Old 02-09-05, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
If Chloe can fill out a financial aid form, there is no reason for CK not to.

Chloe isn't very subtle.
Old 02-10-05, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I like the dynamic of Chloe knowing. It's becoming kind of obvious that Clark's going to
Spoiler:
fall for Chloe at some point. And then she'll die.
^^ just speculation, but i'm spoilerizing it just in case i'm right.

to no more football.

@ Next week's preview
Old 02-10-05, 01:12 AM

I thought it episode was alright - it was another FOTW taken place in Metropolis.

Clark is careless w/his superspeed power. C'mon, he just vanishes from Chloe, once he found out the location of the truck.

I think, Clark is getting suspicious of Chloe realizing his secret. It'll be cool, if she tells him that she knows of his powers. He's better off w/her than Lana anyways.

btw- where is Pete? We're halfway through the season and no sign of him.
Old 02-10-05, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts
where is Pete? We're halfway through the season and no sign of him.
Pete's in the cornfield, where Chloe will soon be joining him, now that she knows Clark's secret.
Old 02-10-05, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

pete's been gone for what, 2 seasons now?
Old 02-10-05, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Umm, Pete's only been gone for about 14 episodes...

I liked this episode a lot better than last week's. Once again Clark is thrown into a sexual situation which is becoming the norm in season 4. I was once again bummed to not see John Glover in today's episode. There was no Clark / Lex interaction in this episode, that's a rarity. Overall an above average episode, I loved Clark's line towards the end of the show after he offers Lois a place to stay... "What just happened here?"
Old 02-10-05, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Mediocre episode, but I've seen much worse from Smallville. Glad to see Luke from The O.C. getting some work. And I did like how all the Metropolis scenes gave hints as to where this show could be going in its 5th season.

My biggest complaint(aside from the Lana/Jason storyline which gets worse every week) was the laziness with which they reintroduced Lois to the storyline. Ok, so she's just not gonna go to college anymore and will move in with the Kents? Isn't that where we were in episode 2 of this friggin season? Why waste our time with the Met U detour?

Also, how did Lex get a photo of Jason and his mom in Paris? Was he investigating her BEFORE Lana and Jason came back to Smallville? I find that hard to believe.
Old 02-10-05, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
So how will Clark get the money to go to college now? How many mortgages can the Kents take on their farm?
I was thinking the same thing.
But can't they take out college loans? Then Clark can pay back the loans when he starts working at the Daily Planet.

I thought Lois looked weird in this ep. It looks like she got work done on her nose or something? Something just seemed off. Maybe I'm just crazy.
Old 02-10-05, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by charlie bucket
I thought Lois looked weird in this ep. It looks like she got work done on her nose or something? Something just seemed off. Maybe I'm just crazy.
I realize that whe's supposed to be a couple years older then the other people but man she looks to be in her thirties. I don't know how old the actress that playes her really is but she's starting to show some age.
Old 02-10-05, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Doughboy

Also, how did Lex get a photo of Jason and his mom in Paris? Was he investigating her BEFORE Lana and Jason came back to Smallville? I find that hard to believe.
Well they established that Jason's family has a lot of power and are somewhat of a rival to Lex and the Luthors, so Lex certainly knew about Jason's mother and what she was up to prior to Jason and Lana even meeting.

Decent episode, but nothing special. I enjoyed Clark's comment at the end of the show quite a bit as well
Old 02-10-05, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
It's one of a few times where Clark learns something from the villain. He begins to realize the dangers of being in the spotlight (if he had taken on the scholarship), and constantly having to hide his powers, to hide who he really is. And that's exactly what Clark is going to have to do as an adult. The villain came off somewhat as morally ambiguous to me, even though his powers eventually corrupted him. Like the guy from the first season who turned people to ashes to end their suffering, his only line of defense was that he never wanted to hurt anyone.

Clark senses something's up with Chloe, that much is certain. How it will pay off is yet to be seen. It could be a burden that will she might carry until the end of the series. I don't see her being in a situation like Lex where her memory is removed against her will. If anything is going to happen to Chloe, it won't be until much later. It might be her death, rather than Jonathan's, that is the final step of Clark's journey before he becomes Superman.

If the Kents muster all their resources to get Clark into college, it would probably be better for his character, unless by hook or by crook Lex decides to help out, or Perry White lets Clark earn college money.
Old 02-10-05, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was so happy when they started to drop the whole "caves" storyline. Too bad they replaced it with the "Countess Fiona" or whatever she's called storyline.
Old 02-10-05, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
I realize that whe's supposed to be a couple years older then the other people but man she looks to be in her thirties. I don't know how old the actress that playes her really is but she's starting to show some age.
I believe Erica is 27 years old. But Tom Welling is 28, Allison Mack is 22, and Michael Rosenbaum is (gulp!) 32...so they are all playing characters a lot younger than their actual ages.
Old 02-10-05, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish Tom would play Superman in the new movie, he is perfect in the role.
Old 02-10-05, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Meatpants
I was so happy when they started to drop the whole "caves" storyline. Too bad they replaced it with the "Countess Fiona" or whatever she's called storyline.

I think she used to live in the caves ... well, maybe not ....
Old 02-10-05, 02:19 PM
Suspended

Lois in cute little pink PJ's and slippers =Best episode ever

I love when Lex punked whiney Lana and said "you can show yourself out" and "when you are ready to talk, come find me" Play on playa!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.