Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

EA Sports Gets Sole Licensing from NFL

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-05, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EA Sports Gets Sole Licensing from NFL

The latest issue of Official Playstation Magazine arrived, and I was stunned to read about the NFL giving exclusive sole licensing to EA Sports, home of "Madden NFL." It is for five years, and will officially put the kibosh on ESPN's NFL 2K-series, and 989 Sports' NFL Gameday. While I understand the NFL wanted to back the most popular of all of the players, however, now there will be no competition between the game designers. Many feel that the recent NFL 2K-series put pressure on Madden to keep innovating and upgrading. Without any competition, I hope that the Madden designers don't begin resting on their laurels and get lazy. Plus, I'm one of the minority that actually prefers ESPN NFL 2K over Madden. I feel the controls are better; likewise the graphics. Madden is too hard, IMO. Anyways, I was very disappointed to hear of this news. The only reason I own a Playstation is because of the first three "Tomb Raider" games and NFL Football action. Sad.
Old 02-06-05, 10:35 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Welcome to last month. Next time do a search
Old 02-06-05, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

In other news, Sony has announced its intention of getting into the video game business. The code name for their machine at this time is "Playstation."

You heard it here first!
Old 02-06-05, 11:07 PM

Screw you guys. What are ya, the hall monitors of DVD Talk??? First off, I did a search for EA Sports, NFL and ESPN NFL 2K. Nothing came up on this topic. I'm so sick and tired of people who immediately yell "Do a search." Maybe people just want to start a fresh thread on a topic. Many are reiterated all the time. How many threads on inserts, hmmmmmm???? So, next time, shut yer pie holes!!!!!
Old 02-06-05, 11:08 PM
Mod Emeritus

Uhhh...
Old 02-06-05, 11:09 PM
Mod Emeritus

Tarnower: this is old news which has been discussed over and over again. Please excuse the sarcasm and jokes. On the other hand, don't throw insults around. Just because one person is rude to you doesn't give you the right to be rude back.

Thanks.