Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Rhapsody + Cradle = Metal Apocalypse!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-05, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know how many of you here are fans of the genre, but I can tell you by experience that Italy's Rhapsody and England's Cradle of Filth are the ultimate polar opposites in the realm of symphonic metal. In fact, I discovered that if you pair certain albums together, they create more expanded chapters in an epic tale of good vs. evil. I swear, from the rhythms to the lyrical content, even to the cover art, the groups (by sheer chance) respond to one another in so many levels. Anyway, here's how the saga goes:

1. Cruelty and the Beast vs. Legendary Tales
2. Dusk and her Embrace vs. Symphony of the Enchanted Lands
3. Midian vs. Dawn of Victory
4. Bitter Suites vs. Rain of 1000 Flames
5. Nymphetamine vs. Power of the Dragonflame
6. Damnation and a Day vs. The Dark Secret
Old 02-05-05, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not a fan of Rhapsody (too operatic) but COF is one of my fav. black metal bands. I've been following their drummers (Adrian and Nick) for several years. That said, I have no idea about their comparison between them and rhapsody. Sorry.....
Old 02-05-05, 01:25 PM

Just go on Amazon and you'll see what I mean. Better yet, check out the lyrics of songs and pair them up. It takes a while, I know, but it's worth it. Oh, sorry about the other thread with Dracena. That band has one lead singer and I must have gotten the responses confused. My bad.
Old 02-05-05, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spring Hill, Florida? Wow, I grew up there.
Old 02-07-05, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Spring Hill, Florida? Wow, I grew up there.
Yeah, my family and I have been coming down here for years, since my sister and I were kids. I have alot of relatives down here.
As for the Metal Armageddon thing, it's amazing how some of the songs respond to one another when you play the tracks back and forth.
Old 02-07-05, 10:27 PM

Do either of you guys from Springhill Florida happen to know Chris Reling and his wife Michelle, she used to go by the name Randolph
Old 02-07-05, 10:30 PM

Last time I talked to chris he lived on Gamewell Street
Old 02-12-05, 01:50 AM

Heard COF once.Not my thing.The closest I've come to actually enjoying black metal is Mercyful Fate and the great King Diamond(responsible for 2 of the greatest metal albums ever;Abigail and The Eye).I also recently started listening to Venom.
As for Rhapsody,I bought Legendary Tales out of curiosity.I tried listening to their most recent one(Symphony of Enchanted Lands part 2)recenty and could only stand maybe half of it.Way too much orchestra and choir.I prefer Luca Turillis 2 solo albums over anything by Rhapsody.By the way,I have the limited edition versions of both Dawn Of Victory and Symphony...part 2,and am looking to get rid of them so if anyones interested email me.
Old 03-24-05, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Originally Posted by foxxvox
Heard COF once.Not my thing.The closest I've come to actually enjoying black metal is Mercyful Fate and the great King Diamond(responsible for 2 of the greatest metal albums ever;Abigail and The Eye).I also recently started listening to Venom.
As for Rhapsody,I bought Legendary Tales out of curiosity.I tried listening to their most recent one(Symphony of Enchanted Lands part 2)recenty and could only stand maybe half of it.Way too much orchestra and choir.I prefer Luca Turillis 2 solo albums over anything by Rhapsody.By the way,I have the limited edition versions of both Dawn Of Victory and Symphony...part 2,and am looking to get rid of them so if anyones interested email me.
What about the limited edition of Symphony of Enchanted Lands 2: The Dark Secret makes it, well, limited?
Old 03-24-05, 11:31 PM
Suspended

Cradle of filth is one of my favorite bands.