DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

question about SAW...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-05, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
question about SAW...

I looked but couldn't find anything.

Anyone know if Reg 1 gets a n Uncut SAW?

I see alot of Uncut in Reg 2. Anyone have any news? Thanks
Old 02-04-05, 04:42 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R1 is not uncut has far as I know. It's only 8 seconds anyway, hardly any reason to worry.
Old 02-04-05, 09:09 AM

I've been trying to find the original thread for the release of Saw, but I have no idea how to get to it since "Saw" is too short for the search engine on here.
Old 02-04-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bis22
I've been trying to find the original thread for the release of Saw, but I have no idea how to get to it since "Saw" is too short for the search engine on here.
just do a search for elwes and that will bring up the threads youre looking for, most Saw threads have someone complaining about cary elwes acting in the film.
Old 02-04-05, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scarredgod
just do a search for elwes and that will bring up the threads youre looking for, most Saw threads have someone complaining about cary elwes acting in the film.
so true!
Old 02-04-05, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As much as I know they will probably do an Uncut one for the sequel when it comes out, I am buying the first release now. I loved the film and will double dip if need be. The uncut one is only 8 seconds or so of extra gore, not a biggie.
Old 02-04-05, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh
It's only 8 seconds anyway, hardly any reason to worry.
Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
The uncut one is only 8 seconds or so of extra gore, not a biggie.
It's attitudes like this that are allowing the DVD production companies to release substandard DVDs. I know 8 seconds sounds silly to complain over, but this type of behavior, if reinforced, will only grow out of hand. At least give us the choice to decide which version to purchase.

OK. I'm done ranting.
Old 02-05-05, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The funny thing is that is exactly my thinking when I did a search on Saw. Sure enough, Saw threads abound!
Old 02-06-05, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
You are correct on all hits there.
Old 02-06-05, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I finally saw the film earlier this week and was mostly impressed.

As for Elwes,I was expecting a Species 2 laugh riot from all the reports about the 'bad' acting by all involved in the film.

Thankfully it was tolerable for the most part(though Whannel seemed pretty unconvincing,but was ok).

Then came the infamous 'sawing' moment and yes Elwes made me lose it right there and I was laughing my ass(did my best to hold it in) off much to the disgust of the viewers around me(who were shocked by the content and totally into it).

Oh and the 'high speed' low budget car chase was another hilarious moment(really bad direction/acting on that part).

Other than those two sequences,I didn't find the film unintentionally funny and was able to take it as serious as possible.

I don't know if it will hold up to repeat viewings though,but we'll see. The ending was awsome though and really surprised me(I kind of knew where it was going from vague hints in reviews,but didn't expect what happened in the film..but I don't want to spoil it for those who have'nt seen it).