DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Apprentice 2/3

New dye job for Trump?

Interesting.
Old 02-03-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Totally. Was Trump promoting the Matha Stewart Apprentice with that hair?

As for the episode, it was stupid and this show is in the toilet. They did fire the right guy but for the wrong stated reasons. He was asking if he could bring Mike into the board and they essentially said "yes" and then hung him for it. This isn't business, it's a game with arbitrary rules set by Donald. Can you imagine if one Survivor player asked Jeff "I know that Joe has immunity but can I vote for him anyway?" Jeff would say "hell no" and that would be the end of it. Donald let him do it, so whatever.
Old 02-03-05, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I gave it one more week, but this show is absolutely dreaful. I would have quit as well if I was lumped with all these asshats.
Old 02-04-05, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
You know what the problem is with this season? There aren't enough likeable players. There's not a Troy, not a Nick, not a Bill. The only deserving guy right now, in my book, is John of Team Net Worth.

And another thing. This show really does not paint a positive role model for the African American businesswoman. I mean, Season 1 had Omarosa, the bitch from hell, Season 2 had Stacie J. the psycho-bitch from hell, and now Verna who folded under pressure.

The search for the Apprentice? BAH.

It's the search for who will cause the most heat and get the water boiling.

It's the search for higher ratings, period. And I'm still hooked.
Old 02-04-05, 05:24 AM

I still find the show very entertaining. It's nice sandwich material in between "Survivor" (when it's airing) and "E.R." I just view it as a game show, not a representative of the true business world.
Old 02-04-05, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts
I also found it entertaining. I thought last season was pretty boring, I barely watched it.
Old 02-04-05, 07:22 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Pretty unbalanced depiction of the teams. They spent like five minutes on Net Worth.

The two campaigns were like day and night. I've seen posters for High School dances that looked more professional than the crap Magna put together. Some of the signs they had looked like they dusted off an old dot matrix printer and used a 1985 version of "Print Shop" to make them.
Old 02-04-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Danny was living in his own little world as well, the "hippie-sensitive" vibe ain't gonna play in the Donald's world. His song at the end also showed why he was not objective enough to understand why his indecision cost him his spot in the interview process.

Building consensus is one thing, but when it's time, you either do the two, or get off the toilet.

If I were Team Magna,
Spoiler:
I'd put Michael back in charge (I think, based on the previews, it might be the case), and tank the task to get his butt canned. The Donald's reaction probably speaks volume on the "idea" that loses.
Old 02-04-05, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Danny was living in his own little world as well, the "hippie-sensitive" vibe ain't gonna play in the Donald's world. His song at the end also showed why he was not objective enough to understand why his indecision cost him his spot in the interview process.

Building consensus is one thing, but when it's time, you either do the two, or get off the toilet.
I agree. Danny was nominated to be the project manager because he was the creative one. Unfortunately for the team, he showed NO creativity and NO leadership ability. It's one thing to boss people around and "manage" them. Leading a team is something he was just not cut out to do.

I also agree with Groucho, their posters sucked and there was nothing TYING the ipods to the coffee. It was basically a giveaway, nothing else. No creativity at ALL. They weren't judged on how many people they got to come in, they were supposed to come up with a PR marketing campaign. And Michael's idea sucked even worse.

OTOH, Net Worth's idea was pretty neat. I liked their play on the "choice".
Old 02-04-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
As for the episode, it was stupid and this show is in the toilet.
I agree completely. This show was great the 1st season and OK the 2nd season, and I had been a fan since the beginning. But this season is just awful.

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
You know what the problem is with this season? There aren't enough likeable players.
Not only are they unlikeable, they are almost everyone of them incompetent. It completely mind-boggling that they couldn't find more qualified/intelligent/interesting candidates.

Sorry to bash the show, but COME ON.

Mr. Trump, you're fired. (you should be)
Old 02-04-05, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by mosquitobite
I agree. Danny was nominated to be the project manager because he was the creative one. Unfortunately for the team, he showed NO creativity and NO leadership ability. It's one thing to boss people around and "manage" them. Leading a team is something he was just not cut out to do.
I disagree. I think that the team made Danny in charge to get him fired if they lost.
Old 02-04-05, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree with the lack of likeable players in this game thus far, but we won't see them emerge yet since the loudmouths and asshats and quitters make for better TV. When it gets down a bit, we'll see some more likeability....hopefully.
Old 02-04-05, 12:17 PM
Banned

I'm pretty sure that female lawyer's going to make it to the top 4. She has that cutthroat mentality and is a lawyer at 26.
Old 02-04-05, 01:08 PM

Location: The Fair City of Detroit, ok, The Fair Suburbs of Detroit
Originally Posted by Slow Hands
I'm pretty sure that female lawyer's going to make it to the top 4. She has that cutthroat mentality and is a lawyer at 26.
Which one is that? The one that was in the boardroom last night (Stephanie) or the one who looks like Ashlee Simpson (Erin)??
Old 02-04-05, 01:13 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That chick was stupid for quiting, jeez what a lazy ass.
Old 02-04-05, 01:39 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts

Not great, but I thought it was by far the best episode of this season and rivaled most of last season. I was ready to bail on the show, but will give it another week or two, at least.
Old 02-04-05, 02:32 PM

This shows makes me cringe. Yet I cannot help but watch it.

They are all asshats!

And BTW I think that Caroline is hot.

Old 02-04-05, 02:59 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have two big beefs with this season so far. First, the contestants seem to be cast more fo the reality show than the actual job. At least in the past two editions I thought they had some people that seemed to be there for more than just the fact they would be "interesting characters" on a reality show.

Secondly, the tasks footage just seems boring this time around. Both the hotel and the Nescafe tasks barely held my interest, and usually I enjoy the task stuff more than the boardroom drama.
Old 02-04-05, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does anybody else think that John looks very much like Vince Vaughn?

BTW...I think Michael needs to be bitch slapped and then thrown out the window next week.
Old 02-04-05, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Originally Posted by Fok
That chick was stupid for quiting, jeez what a lazy ass.
I'd probably walk off of this trainwreck, too.
Old 02-04-05, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
although I don't watch this show (other than a couple times when csi was a rerun or not on and I caught the end before ER) it seems to me like the quiting part that was hyped in the previews would have been way better as a complete surprise
am I right or wrong?
Old 02-04-05, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I actually like this season better than last season. Last season, all the women were scheming bitches, it was like an immature high school clique. They all acted like they were on Big Brother or Survivor.

This cast is a little more boring, but the season is still early and I'm sure more personalities will come to the forefront as time develops. At least they seem less into the back-stabbing, which I find more watch-able.
Old 02-05-05, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There's not much suspense since last season when it's almost always the PM that gets fired. It doesn't seem to matter what else happens. Like the guy that tanked because he had an exemption and Trump let that slide--even though he essentially threatened to throw the PM out the window. Why is he still on the show? If this were real life, he woulda been fired for making threats against an employee (not to mention to the manager of the project).

I'm getting bored with this season already, but wouldn't mind seeing that black-haired lawyer in some magazine at the end of the show...
Old 02-07-05, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally Posted by Ispep Aloc
I disagree. I think that the team made Danny in charge to get him fired if they lost.
To be fair, they said they were picking him because of how "creative" he was... but at the time, I thought what you're saying here: "they're picking him so he'll tank and they'll get rid of him."

I also agree with the predictability: I didn't watch the first season, watched most of last season, and it's growing increasingly predictable. If you're the PM and you lose, you're done. Does anyone have a tally as to how many times he's fired a non-PM loser?

I went from just SOOO sick of Danny at the start of the ep, to feeling almost sorry for him because at least he was trying, however incompetent he seemed, whereas Michael was a horrible waste of space. Hoping he's gone SOON.
Old 02-07-05, 07:38 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
it seems to me like the quiting part that was hyped in the previews would have been way better as a complete surprise
am I right or wrong?
You're right. Same with special guest stars and other plot twists on television. They promo them to death, so you really don't care when it finally happens. To have it as a surprise is preferable.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.