Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

??? for Owners of CARLITO'S WAY: Collector's Edition and/or HALLOWEEN II

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-02-05, 08:35 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1) I just recently made a purchase for CARLITO'S WAY: Collector's Edition from a private seller on Half.com. Normally, I wouldn't make a DVD purchase in this manner, but somehow, despite all my daily perusals of DVD informational sites like this one, CARLITO'S WAY: CE went out of print only a year after its DVD release without my knowledge of such and no stores online or in my area have it in stock anymore. So, when I received the disc, it turns out to have been shipped by a Canadian seller; as a result, though it is the official Universal Home Video release, it's the Canadian version with bilingual cover art. Ugh, but I can live with it. What I'm concerned about is that it does not include an insert booklet/chaper list page. I believe that may be standard practice for Universal now, but I didn't think it was back in Sept. '03 when this title was first released. Can anyone who owns the American release of this DVD check it and verify whether that release has an insert or not? Thanks...

* NOTE: Just to make clear, this query pertains to the CARLITO'S WAY: Collector's Edition released in 2003, not the earlier movie-only release from 1998.

2) Similar issue with Universal Home Video's release of HALLOWEEN II (NOT the earlier non-anamorphic Goodtimes release); I used store credit at Blockbuster Video to pick this title up a few weeks ago and it, too, does not have an insert. I normally wouldn't think anything of it except that many online stores, such as DVDPlanet, list the release date (actually re-release date) of the DVD as 12/28/2004 when the title actually debuted on 9/18/2001, so I fear that the 2001 release had an insert but the late-2004 re-release no longer includes it. Can anyone who bought HALLOWEEN II back in 2001-2003 verify if the DVD includes an insert? Thanks, Part II...
Old 02-02-05, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can help w/Part II.

I purchased Halloween II (Universal) when it first came out. It does have an insert. Nothing fancy, just 1 sheet (copy of cover on one side, 18 chapters and a couple of photos on the other).
Old 02-02-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,011 Likes on 616 Posts
I have both which I bought new.

Carlito's Way: CE does not have an insert.
Halloween II (Universal) does.
Old 02-02-05, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you talking about?? Alot of online stores still have Carlito's Way for sale. Go to dvdpricesearch.com

I see that movie all over the place in cheap bins.....
Old 02-02-05, 09:59 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
flyboy, the American sites listed are all out of stock or, in the case of DVDPlanet, show the title as "Discontinued", and I wasn't interested in working with a Canadian retailer on this title (oh the irony). As far as being found in cheapie bins, well, not in Oklahoma...

bboisvert and brianluvdvd, thanks...in regards to CARLITO'S WAY, whew! And in regards to HALLOWEEN II, crrrrrraaaap!
Old 02-02-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
carlito's way did go OOP...it can be found at borders for 12.99 and there are 15-25 percent off coupons floating in the bargains section
Old 02-02-05, 11:53 AM

Just go to Bloackbuster and take the insert out of the rental display case. They probably won't care.
Old 02-02-05, 12:01 PM
Banned

If I'm not mistaken, I think Amazon is selling Carlito's Way in a 2-pack with Mobsters for a fairly cheap price.
Old 02-02-05, 01:20 PM
Banned

Mike, that's the 1998 version, not the 2003 one...as far as the info regarding Borders, well, thanks but too late now...
Old 02-02-05, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
My Carlito's Way doesn't have an insert.