Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Have you ever fallen asleep at a concert while "sober"? [ee]

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-05, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,130 Posts

I have.

1. Guns n Roses...Use your illusion or whatever it's called tour. The show was just boring. Axl was whining away on the piano and just about everyone is our sectioin was just bored to tears.

2. During the opening act for Queensryche. I forget the name of the band and what year. I just remember it was at Long Beach Arena.

3. RUSH... Vapor Trails show in San Diego. I was just tired and I had seen the show a couple days ago so I guess sleep got the better of me. With RUSH I go to all their shows because you never know when it will be their last.
Old 02-01-05, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
Slayer - It was an all day outdoor concert, I was tired, and picked them to take a nap through because, well, Slayer sucks.

STUN - Opened for Manson recently. I was waiting for 'enhancements' to start up, back when I did things like that. They were a terrible band, and I figured a nap was a good way to prepare for the night ahead.
Old 02-01-05, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The last Tool concert was putting me to sleep...It was a good thing I was on the floor level so I had to stand because if I was sitting, I would have been out.
Old 02-01-05, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was at the Texxas Jam many years ago. I fell asleep during Keel and woke up while Loverboy was on. Van Halen headlined that year.
Old 02-01-05, 08:51 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Phil Collins, Rupp Arena, Lexington KY, mid-1980s.
Old 02-01-05, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mndtrp
Slayer - It was an all day outdoor concert, I was tired, and picked them to take a nap through because, well, Slayer sucks.
Old 02-01-05, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
I haven't, but a friend of mine slept all through Living Colour at the first Lollapalooza when we went to that show. My other friend and I weren't into them, so we just wandered the grounds.
Old 02-01-05, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ZZ Top in Cleveland in 2003. Every song (but the famous ones) sounded the same! Luckily these were free tickets.
Old 02-01-05, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Yep, the Corrs last year in LA. Dullest band I ever saw but my wife likes them so...

Last edited by cungar; 02-01-05 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-01-05, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've told this story before in here, but I went to see Jimmy Buffet with a girl who was into him. I knew going in I would pretty much hate it... and I did. It was even worse than I expected. After a half hour I laid down on the blanket (outdoor festival) and tried to put myself out of the misery. I remember a girl stepping over me and mentioning how wasted I was since I was laying down.
Old 02-01-05, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was pretty bored at Van Halen this fall. I only knew 3 or 4 songs and thought the rest sucked. It was so fucking loud you couldn't really hear the vocals at all.
Old 02-01-05, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

\m/!!SLAYER!!\m/
Old 02-01-05, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Erika Badu put me to sleep. I was unfamiliar with her music (unfamiliar with her - my girlfriend was into her, and she's the one who got us the tickets). I was nudged once with my eyes closed by my girl, so the rest of the concert I was asleep with my eyes wide open.
Old 02-01-05, 02:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, but Slayer does not suck.
Old 02-01-05, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Barenaked Ladies. Their show was quirky and fun, but I guess I was tired because I was out.
Old 02-01-05, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mopower
I was pretty bored at Van Halen this fall. I only knew 3 or 4 songs and thought the rest sucked. It was so fucking loud you couldn't really hear the vocals at all.
You didn't really see Van Halen. The real Van Halen ended in 1984. You would not have been bored.

I fell asleep at a local show once during my college days. Too tired from studying.
Old 02-01-05, 08:50 PM

Dave Matthews Band...god do they suck.. i only went cuz my friend had an extra ticket, and i wanted to see Ben Harper open
Old 02-01-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I fell asleep briefly during the Incubus set at the Area One (Moby) festival in 2001.

Earlier that morning I got back into town after taking a red-eye back from Vegas, and I wasn't yet caught up on sleep.
Old 02-02-05, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
\m/!!SLAYER!!\m/
HA!! I was wondering how many of these responses I would get.

You guys are right, Slayer doesn't suck. I've seen them 4 or 5 times, and will probably see them again.

But, as much as I like metal, I just haven't ever been able to get into them. On a technical level, they are bad ass. I also respect them for what they have done for the metal scene. Unfortunately, I just can't seem to enjoy their music as much as a metal fan should. The music is doing one thing, and the vocals are doing something else. They don't seem like they should be in the same song together.

As far as Slayer fans, they are generally the best people to see a concert with. Massive dedication to their band, which is always cool.
Old 02-02-05, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

But, as much as I like metal, I just haven't ever been able to get into them. On a technical level, they are bad ass. I also respect them for what they have done for the metal scene. Unfortunately, I just can't seem to enjoy their music as much as a metal fan should. The music is doing one thing, and the vocals are doing something else. They don't seem like they should be in the same song together.

You want "melodic metal" go listen to WINGER or POISON.

As far as Slayer fans, they are generally the best people to see a concert with.

BULLSHIT!!! Slayer fans are fuckin' EEEEEVVVVIIIIILLLL!!!!
Old 02-02-05, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
You want "melodic metal" go listen to WINGER or POISON.
What is this Win-gar you speak of?
Give me some In Flames, COB, BLS and the like, and I'm good to go. I have a hard time calling Poison metal in any sense of the word.

Nah, I love messing with the Slayerites (or whatever the fans call themselves, which has to be better than 'maggots'). The dedication is immense, which makes it fun.

Now that I think about it, I also crashed for a bit at the Warped Tour this year. Partying the night before an all day concert kinda wipes you out.
Old 02-02-05, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Kiss, on the tour when they were without makeup in the early 80s. They sucked.
Old 02-02-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What is this Win-gar you speak of?
Give me some In Flames, COB, BLS and the like, and I'm good to go. I have a hard time calling Poison metal in any sense of the word.

Nah, I love messing with the Slayerites (or whatever the fans call themselves, which has to be better than 'maggots'). The dedication is immense, which makes it fun.

Now that I think about it, I also crashed for a bit at the Warped Tour this year. Partying the night before an all day concert kinda wipes you out.
I'm a huge fan of In Flames and COB. Slipknot's fans are called "maggots."
Old 02-02-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm a maggot
Old 02-02-05, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Candlebox when they opened for Rush.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.