Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Stupid question about Destiny's Child Soldier Video

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-05, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that Ice Cube at the end? What the hell is he doing in this video?
Old 01-30-05, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup thats him. That songs horrible .
Old 01-31-05, 07:24 AM

He's trying to look hard, since he knows he'll always look like a faggot now that he made "Are we there yet".
Old 01-31-05, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate that fucking song. They should rename it I need a Ghetto Terrorist. The "men" described in that song are the ones who make the hood the hell hole it is. It burns my ass when women condone grown men acting like teenagers. I did the whole street/thug guy thing and then I grew up, there is nothing cool about being 28 with 4 kids from different women, pending court cases, no real job and a mouth full of gold teeth that cost more than mortgage.
Old 01-31-05, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by tsohg
I hate that fucking song. They should rename it I need a Ghetto Terrorist. The "men" described in that song are the ones who make the hood the hell hole it is. It burns my ass when women condone grown men acting like teenagers. I did the whole street/thug guy thing and then I grew up, there is nothing cool about being 28 with 4 kids from different women, pending court cases, no real job and a mouth full of gold teeth that cost more than mortgage.
Amen, It's about time somebody told it like it is. Those motherfuckers in the street need to grow the fuck up and do something with there lives. I know a guy at work who used to live in Highland Park for about 32 years before he moved out and he used to tell me about the worthless motherfuckers in his neighborhood who never had a job and just lived off there parents or grandparents or whoever and just sat on the porch all day smoking pot and drinking beer and the only time they got off there ass would be too go to the party store and get more beer. why is this not ever talked about on the news. Bill Cosby is the only person who said what was true and he got a lot of shit for it. The whole thing just makes me sick. And not to get off the subject but Destiny's Child look like three whore's in that video. I like how Michelle made a Gosphel album and then went right back to singing about getting some cock inside her. typical, just typical. it's like BET having rap video's on all week and then religious sermons on Sunday morning.
Old 01-31-05, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What the hell happened to the kiddy Destiny's Child that I know and hate?

This song sucks.

Jay-z done did somethin' to Beyonce. She done gone skreet.
Old 01-31-05, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIXER30
Amen, It's about time somebody told it like it is. Those motherfuckers in the street need to grow the fuck up and do something with there lives. I know a guy at work who used to live in Highland Park for about 32 years before he moved out and he used to tell me about the worthless motherfuckers in his neighborhood who never had a job and just lived off there parents or grandparents or whoever and just sat on the porch all day smoking pot and drinking beer and the only time they got off there ass would be too go to the party store and get more beer. why is this not ever talked about on the news. Bill Cosby is the only person who said what was true and he got a lot of shit for it. The whole thing just makes me sick. And not to get off the subject but Destiny's Child look like three whore's in that video. I like how Michelle made a Gosphel album and then went right back to singing about getting some cock inside her. typical, just typical. it's like BET having rap video's on all week and then religious sermons on Sunday morning.
So thugs need to grow up and move beyond gansta shit, but when they do you call them a faggot?
Old 01-31-05, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
So thugs need to grow up and move beyond gansta shit, but when they do you call them a faggot?

I was being funny with the Ice cube Post, But with the last one I was really trying to touch on something serious with the "urban youth".
Old 01-31-05, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They do look hot in the video though.
Old 01-31-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by ELIXER30
I was being funny with the Ice cube Post, But with the last one I was really trying to touch on something serious with the "urban youth".
Well, while I thought your second post was "on point", your first was far from funny.
Old 01-31-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gotta love the bling on the teeth. Gettin' crunked.
Old 01-31-05, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Osiris
They do look hot in the video though.

I wouldn't mind being their baby's daddy!
Old 02-01-05, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Well, while I thought your second post was "on point", your first was far from funny.
Your'e right my first post was immature and stupid , but thank's for finding my second post "on point".
Old 02-01-05, 05:44 PM
Mod Emeritus

Sorry, but I don't see this thread going anywhere positive.

Benedict
Moderator, Music Talk