Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Best of SNL DVDs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-05, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best of SNL DVDs?

My wife wanted the Best of Eddie Murphy, so I got it and the Will Ferrell one this week because of the cowbell skit. I really enjoyed them and am thinking about getting more. Is there any site that has a good rundown of what skits are included on each DVD? There are some specific skits that I am interested in and want to know if they are available on DVDs.

In particular, I am looking for a skit where there is a kid who can't chew his food, so the parents do it for him. I think part of it is on the Chris Kattan one, but does it have the whole skit?

I also liked a skit with Will Ferrell as a very bizarre doctor, where the whole skit turns into them cracking up. I think it might be on his disk 2, but I was hoping that they might do a Tim Meadows one with it on there, so I could get different people's DVDs.

So, is there a good site listing the skits on each DVD?
Old 01-28-05, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Fanaka
I also liked a skit with Will Ferrell as a very bizarre doctor, where the whole skit turns into them cracking up. I think it might be on his disk 2, but I was hoping that they might do a Tim Meadows one with it on there, so I could get different people's DVDs.
That's on Volume 2... or at least a variation of it.

I couldn't find the official site that used to be up... but if you search through reviews and online descriptions, you can find out what's on what.

And if you're gonna buy some, this week's the week for it. The last day of the Best Buy sale is Saturday. You can find most SNL titles for 7.49... and the rest for 9.99.
Old 01-29-05, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Fanaka
I also liked a skit with Will Ferrell as a very bizarre doctor, where the whole skit turns into them cracking up.
Yes, you can see Dr. Stephen Poop do the robot in all its full glory on Best of Will Ferrell Volume 2.
Old 01-29-05, 10:56 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

It's a shame with all the years of material that the best they can do per disc is an hour (give or take a few minutes).
Old 01-29-05, 11:04 PM

I was definately disappointed in the Ferrell disc 1.
An old Eddie Murphy tape that we have not published by LG or Trimark is the best. so funny.
Old 01-29-05, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kimiakane
It's a shame with all the years of material that the best they can do per disc is an hour (give or take a few minutes).
Definitely lame.