Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Ben Folds Fans Rejoice! New Album 4/26!!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

From e-mail:

Hi, friends & fans!

It's official ..... Ben is back with his first full new album since 9/11!
* It's called Songs for Silverman and will be out April 26!
* "Landed", the first single, is already on some radio stations (if it's not on yours...call them and request "Landed"). It officially goes on the air and online digital stores February 1!
* We are remastering Whatever And Ever Amen and adding 7 lost classic bonus tracks...out March 22!!
Stay tuned for more details on all!

Ben on Air America Radio this Sunday!!
Yes, Ben will be the special guest this Sunday, January 30, at 10pm EST on the Steve Earle radio show called "The Revolution Starts Now," airing on Air America radio. For more details and to find your local radio station carrying it, go to airamericaradio.com.

------------------

Excellent news on WAWA as well. Good year for Ben fans.
Old 01-28-05, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I'm more excited for the Whatever And Ever Amen reissue than the new album. I was a little disappointed by Rockin' The Suburbs, but Whatever And Ever Amen is one of my all-time favorites. Anyone have any ideas what the 7 lost tracks will be?
Old 01-28-05, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FatTony
I think I'm more excited for the Whatever And Ever Amen reissue than the new album. I was a little disappointed by Rockin' The Suburbs, but Whatever And Ever Amen is one of my all-time favorites. Anyone have any ideas what the 7 lost tracks will be?
Agreed
Old 01-29-05, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Track listing:

01 Bastard
02 You To Thank
03 Jesusland
04 Landed
05 Gracie
06 Trusted
07 Give Judy My Notice
08 Late
09 Sentimental Guy
10 Time
11 Prison Food

'Weird Al' Yankovic sings back-up on 'Time'.

[sarcasm]Sounds great![/sarcasm]
Old 02-06-05, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Good news, but I wonder what happened to the plans to release a CD containing all of the tracks from the EPs pluse a couple more. Is that still in the works?

Also, "Landed" is now available on itunes.
Old 02-07-05, 09:18 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I caught the tale end of one of the new songs from off of XM Cafe yesterday afternoon.
Old 02-10-05, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"Landed" is an awesome single!!

I can't wait to hear the rest of his new stuff.
Old 03-08-05, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any one downloaded the iTunes only single cover of Bitches Aint Shit yet?
Old 03-08-05, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by WhattheFFF
Any one downloaded the iTunes only single cover of Bitches Aint Shit yet?
I bought it. Absolutely hilarious!

Shawn
Old 03-09-05, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just downloaded it. It's awesome! Can't wait for the new albumn & Whatever release.
Old 03-09-05, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DJLinus
Good news, but I wonder what happened to the plans to release a CD containing all of the tracks from the EPs pluse a couple more. Is that still in the works?

Also, "Landed" is now available on itunes.
Thats what I was wondering. I held off one the EPs because they said they'd release them as a single release.
Old 03-09-05, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shawn41
I bought it. Absolutely hilarious!

Shawn
Same here....Tooooooo funny!!!
Old 03-22-05, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It been leaked. Anyone heard it yet?
Old 03-22-05, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just got this e-mail:

WE MENTIONED ANOTHER GREAT BEN FOLDS EXCLUSIVE COMING SOON TO AttackedByPlastic.com....

WELL, IT'S HERE, IT'S CALLED SONGS FOR GOLDFISH AND THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO GET IT, ALONG WITH BEN'S NEW ALBUM, Songs For Silverman!

Songs For Goldfish is a special limited edition Ben Folds CD which contains all previously unreleased tracks -- 10 tracks you can't get ANYWHERE else!
Songs For Goldfish Tracklisting
1:In Between Days
2:Gone
3:Hiro's Song
4:You To Thank
5:Weather Channel Music
6:Evaporated
7:There's Always Someone Cooler Than You
8:Rockin' The Suburbs
9:Radio Jingles for Tokyo's Inter-FM
10:Side Of The Road

Tracks 1-5: Live at Dickinson College, Carlisle PA, 01/28/2005
Track 6: Live at Roseland Ballroom in New York City, 06/13/2002
Tracks 7, 8: Live at the El Rey Theater, Los Angeles CA, 10/22/2004
Track 9: Recorded by Darren Sheldon at Eastside Music Technology, Adelaide, Australia
Track 10: Unreleased studio track, originally written & recorded by Lucinda Williams

You can get Songs For Goldfish WITH the Songs For Silverman Deluxe Edition CD for the low price of $27.98 AND FREE SHIPPING! ONLINE HERE! The Songs For Silverman Deluxe Edition CD features the 40-page booklet and 40-minute DVD The Making of Songs for Silverman including live performances, exclusive interviews, and behind-the-scenes footage!

Or you can pre-order Songs For Goldfish WITH the Songs For Silverman DualDisc Edition for the low price of $21.98 ONLINE HERE! The Songs For Silverman DualDisc features the full Songs For Silverman audio on one side, and DVD on the other side including 5.1 Surround Sound mix of Songs For Silverman & 25-minute behind-the-scenes feature!

If you place your order by 6AM (ET) on April 20 and if your shipping address is within the continental United States, items will be shipped to you to arrive on or around April 26, which means you'll get Songs For Goldfish A WEEK BEFORE ITS OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE!

You can also pick up the 180 Gram Heavy Double Vinyl version of Songs For Silverman, the Whatever And Ever Amen (Re-issue), and all of Ben's EPs, all at your fingertips now at AttackedByPlastic.com!
I'm not sure if the Deluxe Edition will be worth it, so I'll likely get the DualDisc.

Edit: Guess it'd help if I included the actual link. http://www.attackedbyplastic.com/

Last edited by DJLinus; 03-22-05 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-23-05, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got this e-mail:

I'm not sure if the Deluxe Edition will be worth it, so I'll likely get the DualDisc.

Edit: Guess it'd help if I included the actual link. http://www.attackedbyplastic.com/
Will it be available else where? iTunes?
Old 03-23-05, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts
Just got this e-mail:

I got this email & I was reading it as the Deluxe edition is not the DualDisc...is that correct? Why didn't they just include the DualDisc and then the extra dvd & booklet for the deluxe edition???

I was thinking about getting the deluxe edition but not if it does not include the DualDisc. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 04-10-05, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I decided on the dualdisc since the 5.1 mix is not included on the deluxe edition for whatever reason.

I found a decent deal on this as well. I was going to buy it from the attackedbyplastic website when I noticed they had a coupon section when checking out. I could not find a coupon that could be used there but I went to sonymusicstore.com and they have the exact same deal going. I got the dualdisc Songs for Silverman along with the web exclusive Songs for Goldfish bundle for $21.98. They have free shipping if your purchase is over $25. I wanted to get the remastered Whatever & Ever Amen so I got it for $9.98. I went looking for some coupons and found one that expires on 6-30-2005. You can use it on anything in the store and you get 15% off with a $25 purchase if you use Visa. The code is SHOPVISA2 and you still get the free shipping if the order is over $25.

So now I got the bundle for $18.68 and Amen for 8.48 shipped free. Pretty decent deal.
Old 04-11-05, 12:26 AM

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,130 Posts
Seriously, I don't understand. Which is better, the DualDisc or the Deluxe? That e-mail is very confusing.
Old 04-11-05, 12:54 AM
Banned

Landed is a great song. I have not listened to ben since I bought Whatever & Ever Amen back in the day. Brick will always be a Gem.
Old 04-11-05, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Seriously, I don't understand. Which is better, the DualDisc or the Deluxe? That e-mail is very confusing.
I agree. From everything I have read, it appears that the DualDisc is better if you have 5.1 capabilities. The Deluxe editon will not have the 5.1 mix but will have a separate dvd with a longer "making of" feature and a 40 page book. I want the 5.1 so I went with the Dualdisc. From what I understand the deluxe edition will just have a cd-only version of Songs of Silverman instead of including the Dualdisc. Why they did not include the dualdisc on the deluxe edition is beyond me!?!

Trust me, 6 months down the road there will be an email telling you that the new super-deluxe edition will now include the Dualdisc, the deluxe dvd, the 40 page booklet, exclusive salt & peppers shakers, a Ben Folds Xbox video game demo and a special message from Ben Folds himself!
Old 04-11-05, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

brianluvdvd - Thanks so much for finding that deal. I have yet to pick up the re-release of Whatever..., so this sounds like a great deal.

I decided that I'll opt for the DualDisc, as well. When I think about it, I'll probably watch the making of doc just once. And, although I don't have surround sound capabilities right now, I plan on it within the year. But you're right in that it makes no sense to leave the 5.1 mix off of the Deluxe Version.
Old 04-12-05, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Edit: Never mind, I should have read the thread a bit more carefully.

I've been trying to d/l "Bitches . . . " but iTunes won't work for me anymore, and they refuse to answer my calls for help. Hopefully I can pick it up somewhere else.
Old 04-14-05, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Another e-mail from Ben, another deal:

Get Your Free Download Of A New Exclusive Version Of "Landed"!
This is a little something from Ben for you core fans who are pre-ordering the new CD. tYou can now download an exclusive version of "Landed" (with strings arranged by Paul Buckmaster who has also worked with Elton John, Rolling Stones, No Doubt and David Bowie) -- FREE -- when you order the Songs For Silverman Ltd. Ed. or DualDisc bundle! You'll be able to access the download immediately after you complete your order, and then play it whenever you want on your computer or favorite portable player! Get more details now at AttackedByPlastic.com.

If you've already pre-ordered either of the bundles, you will also get this download for no additional cost! Stay tuned to your in-boxes for an email with full details.
EDIT: Okay, I just placed my order using the deal that brianluvdvd found and the free "Landed" download is offered at Sony's online store, too. (I'm listening to the song right now)

Last edited by DJLinus; 04-14-05 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-20-05, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The whole album is up at VH1: http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/folds_...popThis=playIt
Old 04-22-05, 09:55 AM

I really can't stop listening to this album... amazing amazing amazing

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.